[SHIP] Dragon Cruiser (Made For Gingerdragon87)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Anthonest

[SHIP] Dragon Cruiser (Made For Gingerdragon87)

Postby Anthonest » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:06 am

When I asked Gingerdragon87 what he would want in a ship if he could have any ship, this was his response.

Mantis. Both in architecture and play style. Their ships are easily my favorite looking in the game. I also quite enjoy fire weapons to back up my Mantis assaults with. Ideally, a modified version of the artillery beam that ignites fires instead of causing damage. In terms of design, similar to the Cruiser, except with the sides of a Mantis Fighter, and a slightly more aerodynamic front. -Gingerdragon87

Description: Bording-Fire ship designed for Captain Ginger Dragon. Armed with a special made Artillery Fire Beam. Comes with two large storage bays fit for the Engi-Brigade.

I believe I replicated it pretty well from what he said. Excluding the more aerodynamic front, mostly because im a splicing noob. I modified the artillery beam for fire like he wanted, and changed the audio... hehe. I took the sides off the Mantis Fighter and put them on the cruiser after taking off the default sides with the help of Photoshop's glorious masking tool and then recolored the whole thing slightly. Comes with a full mantis boarding crew and fire weapons as requested.

Systems
•Pilot: III
•Sensors: II
•Doors: II
•Weapons: IV
•Engines: II
•Shields: II
•Life Support: I
•Medbay: I
•Teleporter: I
•Artillery Beam: I

Weapons

Dragon Laser: Laser weapon that fires 3 lasers that cause 1 damage each, similar to the Burst Laser II. Except this one ignites a massive inferno on the enemy ship with every shot. Requires 2 power.

Ginger Beam: Modified Artillery Beam weapon, cuts through all shields and causes fires. Same upgrade concept as the Vindicator. Except this one comes with a special sound... Its fucking hilarious, trust me.

Crew

•Mantis x4

Augments

•FTL Jammer

Download

Well hopefully he plays this mod, im a big fan. Thanks everyone for downloading, additional info at the bottom for my upcoming mods.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vhudviual50lkle/GingerDragon%20Cruiser.ftl

Also thanks to Superliminal for the wonderful ship editor. And Adobe, this would not have been possible without Photoshop

YouTube

Bren Tenkage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09rTiu1aGiM Absolutely hilarious, fires a bitch aint it?
Gingerdragon87: (YAY) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWx64Xdn ... e=youtu.be

Additional Info

If you ask I am not new to modding, I have just never released a mod. For the past several months i've been working on my complete game overhaul called the Federation Fleet mod. Slimier to Engi Brigade mod, also I will release another ship soon that I have put alot more work into than this one that also has a very sadistic array of weaponry. Custom hull, custom weapon graphics custom audio sounds, etc. Stay tuned!
Last edited by Anthonest on Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:52 am, edited 7 times in total.
agigabyte

Re: [SHIP] Dragon Cruiser (Made For Gingerdragon87)

Postby agigabyte » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:17 am

Is the fed fleet like an all federation version of F & E Enhanced?
Anthonest

Postby Anthonest » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:22 am

agigabyte wrote:Is the fed fleet like an all federation version of F & E Enhanced?

Not exactly, it adds 8 new playable ships (all federation) new weapons, sectors, drones and events.
Ginger Dragon

Postby Ginger Dragon » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:50 am

Thank you very much! It looks awesome! :D
A quick note though. You've included just about bloody everything in the resources and data folders!!!
You're gonna want to fix it quickly! It's dragging down the download speeds due to the bloated file size, and may also be illegal and against the forum rules.
Just include the stuff you're changing and nothing more!
For the "blueprints.xml", make it a "blueprints.xml.append" and only include the changes to it in there.
Check out my youtube channel. I do FTL mod playthroughs, as well as all kinds of other assorted games.
http://www.youtube.com/user/GingerDragon87?feature=mhee
Anthonest

Postby Anthonest » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:02 am

Ginger Dragon wrote:Thank you very much! It looks awesome! :D
A quick note though. You've included just about bloody everything in the resources and data folders!!!
You're gonna want to fix it quickly! It's dragging down the download speeds due to the bloated file size, and may also be illegal and against the forum rules.
Just include the stuff you're changing and nothing more!
For the "blueprints.xml", make it a "blueprints.xml.append" and only include the changes to it in there.

Thanks! Ill work on the download right now. :D also I think you will really enjoy the artillery beam sound... hehe.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:10 am

ok the weapons themselves sound like a ship made for me...guess its time to play with this ship LOL
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Anthonest

Postby Anthonest » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:54 am

BrenTenkage wrote:ok the weapons themselves sound like a ship made for me...guess its time to play with this ship LOL

Now im getting lots of YouTubers on here, lol. But you should, I did a play through with It and I have to say it was very fun to play with, I love pyro ships.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:27 am

Anthonest wrote:
BrenTenkage wrote:ok the weapons themselves sound like a ship made for me...guess its time to play with this ship LOL

Now im getting lots of YouTubers on here, lol. But you should, I did a play through with It and I have to say it was very fun to play with, I love pyro ships.

I'm done with the video, should be up in an hour, had a lot of fun, I would ask for a ship myself, but to be honest ,this is everything I wanted, lots of shots, burning people alive, a great design, yeah everything is good
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
Anthonest

Postby Anthonest » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:34 am

BrenTenkage wrote:
Anthonest wrote:

I'm done with the video, should be up in an hour, had a lot of fun, I would ask for a ship myself, but to be honest ,this is everything I wanted, lots of shots, burning people alive, a great design, yeah everything is good

Thanks! Ill be sure to post you video in the thread. And when it comes to things i make ive always been a perfectionist. I spent like 30 minutes sitting in front of my screen deciding weather the balancing was right.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:40 am

Thanks! Ill be sure to post you video in the thread. And when it comes to things i make ive always been a perfectionist. I spent like 30 minutes sitting in front of my screen deciding weather the balancing was right.

A little over powered, but I got lucky in the end by finding another Dragon Laser LOL