some ships that are hard

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
joebob1337

some ships that are hard

Postby joebob1337 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:23 am

This is my first two mods so do not hate and give feedback :) made with superluminal
I decided to make some playable and enemy ships that are hard to use/beat
her are some images for the ships (currently one)

slug policeship(try to beat :twisted: )

here it is cloaked

-enemy ship info-

-REALLY BIG :!: :shock:
-weapons: two boss lasers,two ion blast mk2
-every system fully upgraded and powered (OP :twisted:) except artillery
-replaces slug light cruiser
-fantastic death explosion

-download links-

enemy version[url]http://www.mediafire.com/download/q9d06y6kka7wzi4/Slug+Policeship.ftl[/url
playable versionhttp://www.mediafire.com/download/2q7xaa8490qgpuf/Slug_Flagship.ftl

please send ship ideas/ pics so i can do it because i suck at drawing :roll:
Last edited by joebob1337 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
R4V3-0N

Re: [SHIP] The Enforcer (jobob1337 version)

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:59 am

upload an image to the internets, you can do this many ways but imgur is the most common (and free)

you can give it by link or usually preferred [img ] i.fakeimageurlhere.png [/img ] without the spaces.
Trust me, an over powered ship is typically borring and be surprised there is a ship with the exact same weapons made in the past.

if you make something OP then design it to fit more into the "Insanity difficulty Mod" parameters I think it was. It's a mod for OP ships, the guy already made A and B of his 3 ships for the mod.

Most people don't do OP mods like these usually due to the lack of fun, making it have huge downfalls for the good things can help, eg the other enforcer starts with 8 zoltans, but it has no reactor power and some other obvious reason.
The potential starts with 80 reactor, but it has everything level 1 besides shields and only has a dual shot laser to start with, meaning on normal difficulty you may not even survive pat sector 1 if you get unlucky and get 2 shield guys. In the end game it gets easy, but it's more fun with your success and how your lucky or skilled to get past sector 1 in the first place.
etc
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
joebob1337

Postby joebob1337 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:04 am

R4V3-0N wrote:upload an image to the internets, you can do this many ways but imgur is the most common (and free)

you can give it by link or usually preferred [img ] i.fakeimageurlhere.png [/img ] without the spaces.
Trust me, an over powered ship is typically borring and be surprised there is a ship with the exact same weapons made in the past.

if you make something OP then design it to fit more into the "Insanity difficulty Mod" parameters I think it was. It's a mod for OP ships, the guy already made A and B of his 3 ships for the mod.

Most people don't do OP mods like these usually due to the lack of fun, making it have huge downfalls for the good things can help, eg the other enforcer starts with 8 zoltans, but it has no reactor power and some other obvious reason.
The potential starts with 80 reactor, but it has everything level 1 besides shields and only has a dual shot laser to start with, meaning on normal difficulty you may not even survive pat sector 1 if you get unlucky and get 2 shield guys. In the end game it gets easy, but it's more fun with your success and how your lucky or skilled to get past sector 1 in the first place.
etc

OK i will probably make a new ship and this can be a random very difficult enemy but have you seen the cool gibs yet?
joebob1337

Postby joebob1337 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:05 am

R4V3-0N wrote:upload an image to the internets, you can do this many ways but imgur is the most common (and free)

etc

OK i will probably make a new ship and this can be a random very difficult enemy but have you seen the cool gibs yet?
R4V3-0N

Re: some ships that are hard

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:33 am

let me check
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:03 am

sorry mate, ship doesn't even appear anywhere in my hanger, A or B of any ship, and I got every ship.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
joebob1337

Postby joebob1337 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:17 am

R4V3-0N wrote:sorry mate, ship doesn't even appear anywhere in my hanger, A or B of any ship, and I got every ship.

that's because i made it an enemy but here is the playable version http://www.mediafire.com/download/2q7xaa8490qgpuf/Slug_Flagship.ftl
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:53 am

Well I sugest you should have on the first thread updated so it has eg...

Player S. Flagship: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2q7xa ... agship.ftl
Enemy S. Flagship: http://www.mediafire.com/download/q9d06 ... ceship.ftl

Also.... why did you put the boss beams physically on the image? instead of cut a grove in and put the beam there?
And I think you should make it be normal ion blasts, not the mk II, just the 1's.
last but not least, make it start with less reactor power (even with max level every system, you can't use it all)
Less starting shield, starting engine, and maybe as a balance only have 2 weapons?

just so at sector 1 you will only use a beam and a ion at a time. eg.

That is my player balance ideas.

All and all... quick question, this is really similar to another mods Slug Flagship :)

Do you have permission for it may I ask?... otherwise you may have some legal issues against this mod.
not sure if you do or don't, if you do then it's okay.

But I have noticed that the only public mention of this elsewhere is you saying that you made it playable, you still need confirmed permission from the guy first.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
joebob1337

Postby joebob1337 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:21 am

R4V3-0N wrote:Well I sugest you should have on the first thread updated so it has eg...

Player S. Flagship: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2q7xa ... agship.ftl
Enemy S. Flagship: http://www.mediafire.com/download/q9d06 ... ceship.ftl

Also.... why did you put the boss beams physically on the image? instead of cut a grove in and put the beam there?
And I think you should make it be normal ion blasts, not the mk II, just the 1's.
last but not least, make it start with less reactor power (even with max level every system, you can't use it all)
Less starting shield, starting engine, and maybe as a balance only have 2 weapons?

just so at sector 1 you will only use a beam and a ion at a time. eg.

That is my player balance ideas.

All and all... quick question, this is really similar to another mods Slug Flagship :)

Do you have permission for it may I ask?... otherwise you may have some legal issues against this mod.
not sure if you do or don't, if you do then it's okay.

But I have noticed that the only public mention of this elsewhere is you saying that you made it playable, you still need confirmed permission from the guy first.

oops but at least i helped the owner of the decal and mod in witch it comes from make a ship that he dident yet complete
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:51 am

try but yet again you don't know if he would have used custom weapons, drones, augments, or other stuff.

eg look at the regular boss? then compare it to your ship, it may have similar weapons but you are not experienced enough to go the extra mile and make it not so much an enemy.

That is not an insult, I can't either. Anywho, I suggest you to learn some modding parameters most people prefer,

Some really like vanilla room sizes over bigger/ smaller ones (eg 1x1, 2x5, etc)
Some really like vanilla colours (a whole new ship excludes this eg incursor, obsidian cruiser)
Some really like 'lore' friendly weapons.
Cannonly you can not have a stealth and an artillery in the same time.
Also you can not have more then 6 slots of drones/ weapons, eg.

4 weapons, 2 drones
3 weaps, 3 drones.
2 weaps, 4 drones

Artillery do not count as weapons in this situation but they do require a 5th weapon mount.

you can break that weapon vs slot rule but that also acts as a balance, keep that in mind.

these are just what people like, and OP ships are usually boring, set all your weapons to attack, auto fire, then you go get a drink and watch a youtube video while your wasting the enemy.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.