[SHIP] [AE] Automated Scout - UPDATED FOR AE

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
5thHorseman

Re: [SHIP] Automated Scout

Postby 5thHorseman » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:14 pm

aaaaaa50 wrote:I don't know if it was because I was using the sM polish kit, or just plain bad luck, but in my first run I ran into tons of missiles and not many lasers. With the exception of that one ship that had 9 combined burst lasers in the third sector. I think 2 shields is just fine.

I'll do a few runs to make sure but UM's experience was NOT what I wanted :)

EDIT: First run, I lost in the first sector against the rebels who had 2 shields, 2 BL2s, and a basic laser. Yeah, not exactly UM's experience there. :) I also met several ships that could get through my shields AND damage my hull and they managed to do so on every occasion.

Second run, I lost in the 3rd sector because I got no other weapons than the starting 2, AND I ran out of fuel and got overrun by rebles with 3 shields who ran away after my first beam. Even if it hit their shields it didn't take them down enough. 2 of them got away, the third killed me before it could bother jumping.

Not to disparage your very fine run, UM, but I'm thinking your early Christmas came earlier than you thought. The free preignitor was nice and the free BL2 was nicer (and the free hull repair was just icing), but I think your good fortune may have started in all dozen or so jumps you had in the first sector.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:07 pm

5thHorseman wrote:It's nice to watch someone else play your ships. It's like quality control :)

I added the 2nd shield because I was getting trounced. I figured missiles alone were enough to worry about that I shouldn't make you worry about anything else. You though only saw 2 missiles all 1st sector and one of them was in the rebel fleet!

Maybe I should drop a shield and change the weapons to heavy lasers, like I thought maybe to do.

You also literally never met someone who (other than those 2 missile encounters) could get through 2 shields. Which is crazy because I was constantly going up against people with a BL2 and a mini beam in my testing :)

Sorry. :( That's what happens sometimes... i normally get stomped like everyone else, but sometimes the RNG just buys me flowers and Burst Lasers.

It's much more common to see tons of missiles, but... Demon Luck. :D
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:45 pm

UltraMantis wrote:Sorry. :(

Don't be! I was not sad about your win, it was quite dominating. I was just worried that it was indicative of the ship as a whole. My couple few tests confirmed that the ship is not as overpowered as you made it look.

And luck or no, you did dominate that run :)
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:40 am

How can i not say i'm sorry. Do you know how many FTL players will have horrible luck now that i've hogged so much. Lol, how many times have you said "I really need an Anti-Ship Drone, right now!" and the very next event gives you one for free.

/me is such a villain. :lol: But now, i'm not permitted to play this game for a week. :(
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
hilariouslijah

Postby hilariouslijah » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:21 pm

[Dumb Question] How do you make a ship with no crew and not die instantly? :oops: By the way, I have NO HTML skills whatsoever, so I will need a detailed explanation. :? :oops:
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:19 pm

Are you ready? It's quite involved:

Don't put any crew on the ship to start.

No, seriously. That's it. Just don't put crew on your ship in SuperLuminal and when the ship loads, it'll work in much the same way the enemy automated ships do.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

hilariouslijah

Postby hilariouslijah » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:06 am

Ahhhh... So I will still be able to jump and everything? Cool. :geek: Thanks so much.
EDIT: Its working now. If anyone wants to check it out go here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=23602&p=71578#p71578
5thHorseman

Re: [SHIP] [AE] [BETA] Automated Scout - AE BETA

Postby 5thHorseman » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:52 pm

Updated for AE!

Code: Select all

BIOLOGICAL UNITS UNNECESSARY

Download version AE here: http://pulpaudio.com/ftl/AutoScoutAE.ftl
(if you have trouble downloading, try right clicking and selecting "save link as..." in the menu)

THIS IS IN BETA. There is at least one problem and a lot of new stuff.
NEW FOR AE:
  1. Scanner!
  2. Battery!
  3. 4 Drone Slots!
  4. Hacking OR Mind Control!

KNOWN BUGS:
  1. Systems you can't buy show up in stores. I do not know why yet.
  2. Gibs are missing. I'll re-add them soon.

Report any bugs you find!
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:02 pm

5thHorseman wrote:Hacking OR Mind Control!

Sorry, that is Hacking AND Mind Control. The only way to make it OR is if it is the eighth system, which this ship clearly can't do very well. They don't restrict each other just because they are in the same room.

I just loaded it to see the store issue, but I also noticed the ship didn't look right. I think it is a _floor issue, but I haven't actually looked at the files beyond the systemBlueprints. I might look again later, but not right now.

5thHorseman wrote:Systems you can't buy show up in stores. I do not know why yet.

I already made a guess in your other topic that you made about this. I guess you can just set the medbay/clonebay costs to zero so people don't accidentally waste their scrap on them.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:24 pm

RAD-82 wrote:
5thHorseman wrote:Hacking OR Mind Control!

Sorry, that is Hacking AND Mind Control. The only way to make it OR is if it is the eighth system, which this ship clearly can't do very well. They don't restrict each other just because they are in the same room.

What happens if I buy both? Now I gotta try it!

Could you have one room that has all systems and subsystems?

RAD-82 wrote:I just loaded it to see the store issue, but I also noticed the ship didn't look right. I think it is a _floor issue, but I haven't actually looked at the files beyond the systemBlueprints. I might look again later, but not right now.

I never notice these things. The floor is a mostly blank image, I think.

RAD-82 wrote:
5thHorseman wrote:Systems you can't buy show up in stores. I do not know why yet.

I already made a guess in your other topic that you made about this. I guess you can just set the medbay/clonebay costs to zero so people don't accidentally waste their scrap on them.

Sounds like a plan. Thanks for the insight :)
My Videos - MY MOD HUB