[SHIP] The Black Opal (Haunted Rigger)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
ClockALock

Re: [SHIP] The Black Opal (Haunted Rigger)

Postby ClockALock » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:51 pm

Awesome ship, Mr. Horseman. However, I have discovered one thing:
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/615 ... 4C03B942B/

I call it: "Why breach beams are not in the vanilla game"

Probably.

Not that I'm criticizing you. I really liked this mod. It was lots of fun, and boarding with 50-health guys was easier than I thought with breaches to balance it out. Anyway,

Your mods and you channel are fantastic, so please make more,

Yeah.

(may this ship help you make many bases are belong to you)
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:00 pm

ClockALock wrote:Awesome ship, Mr. Horseman. However, I have discovered one thing:
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/615 ... 4C03B942B/

I call it: "Why breach beams are not in the vanilla game"

Probably.

Not that I'm criticizing you.

I don't take that as a criticism at all. I think it's awesome :D Though the slicer can't take all the credit, you'd be dead if it wasn't for that ion 2 and breach missile. Though maybe... JUST MAYBE I need to up the price (or power) or make the slicer even more of a mini beam so you simply can't hit more than 3 rooms with it. Or both.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
ClockALock

Postby ClockALock » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:15 pm

While on the subject, I have a question, from one modmaker to another: What program do you use to recolor your ships? I'm using gimp, and while that's fine for splicing them together and making transparencies, it doesn't really do all I want it to in the realm of actual coloring and spriting. Any tips you're willing to share?
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:38 am

ClockALock wrote:While on the subject, I have a question, from one modmaker to another: What program do you use to recolor your ships? I'm using gimp, and while that's fine for splicing them together and making transparencies, it doesn't really do all I want it to in the realm of actual coloring and spriting. Any tips you're willing to share?

I use Gimp :) Usually when I want to know something I just Google "How do I XXXX in Gimp?" and fiddle until I get it. This time, actually, I asked my girlfriend how she does it in Photoshop. She is a lot better at this kind of thing than I am.

I don't actually remember exactly what I did, but I do recall that after I got the ship together as about a dozen layers I merged them down to one, highlighted the blue stuff and made a new layer of just it, then did one of the "color" options until I got the level of gray for everything. Even the blue parts were a gray color. But then, I brought the blue stuff layer back and bammo, nice and pretty.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

Deadlylama

Postby Deadlylama » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:40 pm

really nice ship, and fun gameplay, i just noticed that the cloaking texture does not really fit the default ones that you would expect, so tried to make a new one, you can use it if you want :)

Here
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:21 pm

Deadlylama wrote:really nice ship, and fun gameplay, i just noticed that the cloaking texture does not really fit the default ones that you would expect, so tried to make a new one, you can use it if you want :)

Here

Thank you! However, I made my cloak image white because I actually prefer white to the default cyan color :)
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

Deadlylama

Postby Deadlylama » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:59 am

5thHorseman wrote:
Deadlylama wrote:really nice ship, and fun gameplay, i just noticed that the cloaking texture does not really fit the default ones that you would expect, so tried to make a new one, you can use it if you want :)

Here

Thank you! However, I made my cloak image white because I actually prefer white to the default cyan color :)

No Problem, i made that one for fun and to test if i can get close enough to the default style as i wanted, i am not forcing you to use it :P
Sypher667

Postby Sypher667 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:57 pm

Have you considered adding alien ghosts? Still with half HP, probably, but it would make the ship more interesting than with a bunch of humans. I dont know what effects this would have on balance, but it would certainly be interesting. :D
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:39 pm

Sypher667 wrote:Have you considered adding alien ghosts? Still with half HP, probably, but it would make the ship more interesting than with a bunch of humans. I dont know what effects this would have on balance, but it would certainly be interesting. :D

No option. The races in the game are hard coded. They actually coded in the Ghosts but never used them. I'm just using what's there :)
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

Sypher667

Postby Sypher667 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:45 pm

5thHorseman wrote:No option. The races in the game are hard coded. They actually coded in the Ghosts but never used them. I'm just using what's there :)

Thats unfortunate. Love the mod all the same though.