sM Polish Kit: Insurrection v1.6 [CE Support + Modules]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
slowriderxcorps

Re: sM Polish Kit: Insurrection v1.1 [CE Support + Modules]

Postby slowriderxcorps » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:36 pm

The Anti-Ship Missile Drone is an artifact from the original FTL code, as well as some kind of ion drone. Presumably the devs considered adding them but ultimately dropped the ideas, probably due to the difficulty in balancing such items. Ion drones are very difficult to balance and missile drones are impossible to balance. And the Shotgun Laser was very early experimentation with trying to learn weapon graphics, but it ultimately didn't look good at all. I may revisit the weapon idea, though.

That SaveQuit glitch is new to me though, I've not really seen this before. The entire loadout change is even more worrying. My understanding of the behaviour of adding a store to Phase 1 is that once the Flagship lands on the base at all, the store will be gone, although if you waited for it to jump there, you will retain access to the store until you jump away from the Base.
Hubnester

Re: sM Polish Kit: Insurrection v1.1 [CE Support + Modules]

Postby Hubnester » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:53 pm

Oh, that makes sense. I guess the same goes for the Flak Charge Cannon (and I don't recall the Vulcan artillery being on any ships?)

I guess I should try to replicate the glitch, with pictures.
slowriderxcorps

Re: sM Polish Kit: Insurrection v1.2 [CE Support + Modules]

Postby slowriderxcorps » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:37 pm

I really wanted the Flak Charger to be a thing. Unfortunately, BURST-class weapons that fire all their shots at once over an area and fire multiple shots have extremely glitchy handling if paired with Charge mechanics. The first shot will completely screw up, firing one shot at a time, and the second shot ends up launching from nowhere near the weapon at all.

EDIT: Enough has changed to warrant an official upgrade to the version number. By far the biggest landmark change in this transition is a complete and total rework of the Rarity values of at least 30 different weapons in Insurrection, repairing a loot pool that had silently become heavily skewed from the classic FTL probabilities. Missile launchers should no longer appear anywhere near as often as they did before, and the odds of finding damage cores and shield-breakers have been stabilised.
Hubnester

Postby Hubnester » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:22 am

Yes, an update. i must haves iittttttt

Also, no dice replicating the SaveQuit issue. Quit after defeating Phase 1, when I rebooted the store was gone.

And another thing: what's the reason you swapped the Kestrel's artillery?

Yet another thing: MY SHIP NAMES NOOOOOooooo
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:38 pm

The change to the Artillery was a while ago. I can't exactly remember the reasoning behind it, possibly the original was a little underwhelming, but I could be wrong.

Also coming up with unique fitting names for everything was HARD.
Hubnester

Postby Hubnester » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:16 am

So has the readme been updated to reflect the new loot rarity rates? Is this the reason why I'm finally getting BLII drops again?

And the new ship names...they scare me. Or at least don't have the character of the old names, but whatever. What's next?

And replicating the shop glitch is tricky. Either the shop disappears on reload, or it displays the 'hull fixed' text again. I think it triggered if I exit via Alt+F4 or task manager. At this point, I think it's probably normal shop behavior.
Taberone

Postby Taberone » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:49 pm

There's something about the SM patches for Captain's Edition that causes FTL Profile Editor to not launch. Something about an error parsing FTL Resources for some reason.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:08 pm

FTL Profile Editor can be a fickle beast when the XML code isn't set up just right. I remember it having issues back in the day with completely unmodified FTL since the closing tags on a number of ship room details (most commonly on KestrelB) were causing it to bug out.

In recent news, progress has been made in ironing out as many creases in the current build as possible. However, before anyone asks regarding the release of Deep Space Deluxe EP, it will not be possible for me to integrate it into the mod without incurring the wrath of the composer. I've asked Ben Prunty on the matter and have been denied permission to use it. It's beyond disappointing, but there's no use in crying over spilled milk.. at least I think that's how the saying goes?
Taberone

Postby Taberone » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:04 pm

slowriderxcorps wrote:FTL Profile Editor can be a fickle beast when the XML code isn't set up just right. I remember it having issues back in the day with completely unmodified FTL since the closing tags on a number of ship room details (most commonly on KestrelB) were causing it to bug out.

In recent news, progress has been made in ironing out as many creases in the current build as possible. However, before anyone asks regarding the release of Deep Space Deluxe EP, it will not be possible for me to integrate it into the mod without incurring the wrath of the composer. I've asked Ben Prunty on the matter and have been denied permission to use it. It's beyond disappointing, but there's no use in crying over spilled milk.. at least I think that's how the saying goes?

Is there any hope for getting the CE patches to work with FTL Profile Editor? Also, whats Deep Space Deluxe EP?
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:28 pm

slowriderxcorps wrote:it will not be possible for me to integrate it into the mod without incurring the wrath of the composer. I've asked Ben Prunty on the matter and have been denied permission to use it.

one could do something similar as Sleeper Service's post on DIY music to game integration for their own use

Taberone wrote: ... whats Deep Space Deluxe EP?

This is Deep Space Deluxe EP; great music here by Ben Prunty, the creator of the official FTL soundtrack

note: I am in no means advertising this