sM Polish Kit: Insurrection v1.6 [CE Support + Modules]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
slowriderxcorps

Re: [MOD]The sM Polish Kit v0.91 (ft. Comp. Patch for CE 1.0

Postby slowriderxcorps » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:49 pm

Well that was a fun little day of testing, for Science. I've come to a reasonably solid conclusion as to how to affect the Shield levels, and have settled on them being changed from Lv2-10 in the base game to Lv3-9. This allows for the ships which previously had five Shield layers to lose them while maintaining their 'ahead of the game' Shield progression that can make them intimidating enough to flee from. Version number has been upgraded to v0.91. Knock yourselves out. Also, a couple of moments from testing.

slowriderxcorps

Re: [MOD]The sM Polish Kit v1.0 (ft. Comp. Patch for CE 1.05

Postby slowriderxcorps » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:57 am

And with the creation of v1.055 of the Captains Edition, the mod has been updated to v1.0. While the changes made between them are minor (correcting a nuance with the Burst Laser III graphics as well as increasing the size of the Shield bubble on two Mantis ships to fix a rare glitch), it's nice to have a solid positioning as far as versions go.

The compatibility patches for both Captains Edition and the Player Ships mod were also updated. I have removed the spell-checking from the quest-line, however. Ideally, I would like to volunteer to spell-check the mod so that it, when functioning solo, is free of grammatical errors.

EDIT: Updated again for the minor changes to the Captains Edition, however the main mod was also updated after an old thread resurfaced in the Mod Development side of the forums, which revealed that setting the Minimum Sector setting of a ship actually counts from zero.. so this entire time, the list of ships that couldn't spawn in Sector 1 also couldn't spawn in Sector 2, even when it was set to two. I wasn't impressed.

Regardless, that has now been fixed, and after a test run of setting the shields to 3-8, and encountering three shields in Sector 3, I'm happy with the final result.

EDIT, again: I remastered and changed the graphics for the Hull Laser Mark I.
Last edited by slowriderxcorps on Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aaaaaa50

Re: [MOD]The sM Polish Kit v1.01 (ft. Comp. Patch for CE 1.0

Postby aaaaaa50 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:46 pm

Bumping because apparently this mod got updated.
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!
slowriderxcorps

Re: [MOD]The sM Polish Kit 1.01c (ft. Comp. Patch for CE 1.0

Postby slowriderxcorps » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:25 pm

All elements of the mod have been updated to keep it in check with Captains Edition 1.056. I'm also now working with Sleeper Service to improve the overall grammatical quality of Captains Edition directly.
slowriderxcorps

Re: [MOD]The sM Polish Kit 1.02 (ft. Comp. Patch for CE 1.05

Postby slowriderxcorps » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:07 am

The main mod was updated to 1.02, adding a couple of tweaked system icons (primarily Engines) and a few new Blue options involving the Healing Burst weapon that act as an alternative to some (not all) of the Lv2 Medbay options. All these new options require a missile.

The CE integration mods have not been changed, however I have finished performing an entire grammatical workover of the main Captains Edition mod for the author, and these fixes should expect to arrive in the next version, presumably 1.057. I am anticipating that I will have ended up missing some of the not-so-obvious errors..

EDIT: And with the release of 1.057, this mod has been re-updated to accomodate this. Included is one very slight change to the base Polish Kit that adds a recoiling animation to the Dual Lasers, and a more thorough effort was made to ensure that the compatability patch for CE works as intended. It also includes a couple of laser weapon recoil animations. Not only this, but the CE Player Ships mod with it has been altered somewhat to change the starting loadouts of some of the ships that seemed critically underpowered.
slowriderxcorps

Re: [MOD]The sM Polish Kit 1.021 (ft. Comp. Patch for CE 1.0

Postby slowriderxcorps » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:27 am

Mod updated to accommodate CE 1.06 and its new augment buggery. Also recognised and fixed a minor nuance with the Flagship Ion weapon and its projectiles using the default laser explosion graphic instead of that used by actual ion weapons.

I'm now getting the weird idea to attempt to animate the weapons on the flagship. God help us.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:08 pm

'Sup. How're you doing on this? You think you could get it updated for CE 1.063 soon?

Also, there seems to be a single-projectyle red bomb with a missing impact texture (black square displayed). I'm not sure which one, as I was always on the recieving end. I'm also not sure wether this is a problem with sMPK or CE, but since I didn't see it mentioned in the CE thread, I thought I better post it here.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:30 pm

I had the same problem and I don't even have sM Polish kit downloaded let alone installed. (I am planning to get sM though hence why I'm here)

And as you said, same story, I'm always on the receiving end.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:34 pm

Bug report: The Pyro Missile Launcher is missing its cannon texture. Works fine with CE alone (using 1.064), so I'm sure it's an error on this end.

EDIT: Well this is odd, I've looked at the files and there should be no reason for that to happen, as the entry is the same as in vanilla CE save for the descriptions. Incidentally, projectyle and glow work fine with sMPK.

This is very, very odd.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:14 am

I somehow managed to drag myself out of an endless cycle of 'mon X and Y to take a look at things around here. Fortunately, what seems to be being added to the Captain's Edition are simply minor tweaks here and there instead of whole new modules, so a quick once-over and the mod is (hopefully) re-equipped for 1.064.

That error with the Pyro launcher was on my end.. the lines for it in the animations xml file were linking to a file that didn't exist: I had added a recoil animation to the launcher and saved it under a different name. Hopefully that's now fixed and all shall be well. Thanks for the feedback.