sM Polish Kit: Insurrection v1.6 [CE Support + Modules]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Mr. Mister

Re: [MOD]The sM Polish Kit 1.021 (ft. Comp. Patch for CE 1.0

Postby Mr. Mister » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:33 am

Good to hear'bout you, buddy.

One last little thing: it's funny how there's all this "Shield Piercing: 5" weapons when there are no lv5 shields.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:27 am

Mr. Mister wrote:One last little thing: it's funny how there's all this "Shield Piercing: 5" weapons when there are no lv5 shields.

It is kind of strange, yes. I do recall that I did decide to leave some ships with Lv5 Shield potential within the Captain's Edition unchanged, key of which would be those tough-as-nails Rebel Battlecruisers.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:29 am

I think you mean "Shield Bubble", not lv5 shields, lv5 shields is enough to support 2 shield bubbles/layers up and 1 extra slot for nothing.

Play on Normal mode, Slug Assault, Slug Light Cruiser, Auto-Assault, and a couple other enemies got level 10 shields / 5 layers of shields.

Also enemies can have level 10 weapons, level 5 medbay (rarer then level 10 shields or weapons), etc.
The Slug Assault is 1 ship famous for it's level 10 weapons.
etc.

you should have search google or the forum for it, eg this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3414

This is why everything that goes through all shields are set at level 5.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:15 pm

Ups, yeah, I meant 5-layer shield. It's just that I happened to re-read the whole thread, and I assumed that you still had limited enemy shield levels at 9. I remember them nasty auto-assaults with 5 layers from ages ago when I played it relatively unmodded, but I haven't found them in sMPK yet (cleared the game a couple times, and yes, Normal is the only way to play).

it's funny, too, because after all that I read about you nerfing a bit the first sector to take in account possible Stealth Ship vs Zoltan Shield configurations, I ended up finding a (pirate) Zoltan Interceptor (IIRC) with a zoltan shield AND a shield layer.

Anyway: this' I remember from before your CE 1.064 patch, but some blue System Disruptor choices still were named (Effector).

Sooooo.... you planning on re-doing the sprites for the boss weapons? Having them rotate in different directions would look rad as fuck. Maybe even do it with some heavy beams (if they aren't hardcoded not to be animated aside from glow, that is).

Oh, and your crewless Vortex is lots of fun. Just letting you know it.

Also, the loy
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:24 pm

Unfortunately, I can't really chance messing with the CE quest changes, since that essentially causes the difficulty in keeping the mod up-to-date with CE to be significantly heavier. I find that System Disruptor is personally a better name for that kind of weapon than just Effector, but your mileage may vary.

As for the Boss weapons... I don't think it's possible without completely altering the way they are styled. The way the barrels on each of the three main weapons are positioned looks completely fixed to the main body, especially the Ion weapon. I'd like to do it, but I'm not a graphics designer. I can make minor tinkerings to existing works, but I don't think I can do this without making it look wrong.
aaaaaa50

Postby aaaaaa50 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:35 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:Also enemies can have level 10 weapons, level 5 medbay (rarer then level 10 shields or weapons), etc.
The Slug Assault is 1 ship famous for it's level 10 weapons.
etc.

you should have search google or the forum for it, eg this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3414

Are you sure that enemy medbays can be level 5? I've never seen it or any screenshots, and it's only mentioned by one person in the thread who didn't even have lvl3 sensors.
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:18 am

That's why I said 'rare', I only encountered it once and it was when a enemy medbay took multiple hits (4 basic lasers) and was still functioning even though every missile hit. But this may be a combined situation, perhaps a laser shot 2 or so shot one of my laser or 2 out?
anyway I am looking at the vanilla systems and this is what I see the enemy can do that the player can't.

level 4 Oxygen.
level 9 shields.
level 9 engines.
level 9 weapons
level 9 drones
(note, I personally think the 9's should be 10's because 5 shield layers can not work with 9 shields normally, also the wiki says it's 10 and also other tools and areas say 10 not 9)

I am not 100% sure what happen then, maybe the following...

Asteroid hit the missile(s) (can't remember if I was in a asteroid field or not)
Laser/Missile/Ion hit a missile(s)
There shield just turned on then got hit.
They got system casing/ titanium casing.
Possibly wasn't a vanilla game, but even then, what mod you know buffs the enemies cheating capabilities more?
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:59 am

CE updated to 1.065(b). Seems this time it deals a bit with enemy ships, so updating sMPK might not be as trivial as last time.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:55 pm

This has to be my equivalent of Murphy's Law of FTL modding: within less than twelve hours of updating your mod, the requirement to re-update it is almost guaranteed to happen. Regardless, the patch was now adapted to work with 1.065c.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:01 pm

Well yeah, I can see how this is a little obnoxious. There is no real update schedule for CE but I get a little annoyed when I know that there are bugs/glitches in the mod that are unresolved. Often I rather post some quick fixes than leaving them in till a later update. Sorry for the inconvenience. :? :roll:

There is probably going to be another small update soon.