sM Polish Kit: Insurrection v1.6 [CE Support + Modules]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Mr. Mister

Re: [MOD]The sM Polish Kit 1.021 (ft. Comp. Patch for CE 1.0

Postby Mr. Mister » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:27 pm

Thanks for keeping this updated, man (the CP for e from c should be easy, just make sure the enemy Fire Bomb Mk.III is allright as patched in d; also, the CE starting ships add-on has been modified too).

You really don't think you could add anything else into sMPK?

Also, as I told sleepy, you should make sure that all defense drones, including the vanilla ones, say they reloading time on their description, which should be clear on what esactly do they shoot at (I found myself on a bit of a situation when I discovered that Light Laser Defense drones don't shoot at boarding drones, since I didn't recall the Laser Defense drones' description specifying they did shoot at them, which is why I assumed that Light Laser Defense drones did too).
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:47 am

Updated for 1.066. Seems that the Fire-Bomb graphical discrepancy is on the main mod's side, as all the entries I had for the Fire Bomb weapons matched those of it, meaning it's solely in the animations xml file.

As for the Defense drone times, however, it's only really necessary in Captains Edition because one of the drones takes twenty whole seconds to reload, and many other ones aren't much better than that. For the base game, the Mark I takes 1 second to reload and the Mark II takes 0.7 seconds (0.5s for the player MkII in sMPK).
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:17 pm

Is it possible that there's an extra line change at the beggining of the Leviathan's short name? The text is displaced downwards on its weapon slot.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:35 pm

Mr. Mister wrote:Is it possible that there's an extra line change at the beggining of the Leviathan's short name? The text is displaced downwards on its weapon slot.

Ack, I was expecting that glitch to happen again. This was the primary reason why I made that smaller font: because changing the short name of the Pegasus to Pegasus M. also shifted it down for no apparent reason.. I'll have to shrink the short-name down by a letter or two the next opportunity.
NewAgeOfPower

Postby NewAgeOfPower » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:21 am

slowriderxcorps wrote: This was the primary reason why I made that smaller font: because changing the short name of the Pegasus to Pegasus M. also shifted it down for no apparent reason...

This sounds interesting. How would I go about shrinking my font in my mod?

My event boxes in my campaign (currently, only development version) have weird looking boxes in front of each line and are overflowing with text.
Requiem. The first in the Ascension trilogy. Current version: 0.6 BETA.

Get your Ascension Faction siggys here!
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:52 am

I can't remember if there's already another one named like this, but Kraken sounds good. Or Godzilla.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:05 pm

Mr. Mister wrote:I can't remember if there's already another one named like this, but Kraken sounds good. Or Godzilla.

That genuinely sounded awe. Kraken was selected as the replacement name for the Leviathan Missile Battery. Thanks for the idea!
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:28 pm

Before I forget: could you check if the heavy scatter laser drone entry is correct? I found two of them in a shop, and both their short names and description differed very slightly (simply wording, unlike Second Hand or Faulty versions).

I couldn't make sure that their long names were the same, as they ended off-screen, but their power requirements were the same, they looked the same, had the same price (IIRC), and had the same description, if worded differently.
aaaaaa50

Postby aaaaaa50 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:06 pm

Mr. Mister wrote:Before I forget: could you check if the heavy scatter laser drone entry is correct? I found two of them in a shop, and both their short names and description differed very slightly (simply wording, unlike Second Hand or Faulty versions).

I couldn't make sure that their long names were the same, as they ended off-screen, but their power requirements were the same, they looked the same, had the same price (IIRC), and had the same description, if worded differently.

I just encountered the same thing a few dozen minutes ago. :lol:
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:40 am

BTW: I never gave it much thought, but those Auto Lasers are some nasty useful fuckers.

Fast as they are, the Mk1 version still does uses 2 power for only a 1-damage shot, so they might seem a waste of power when facing more than one shield bubble...

...but give them to a weapons manner with full experience, and their reload time becomes just enough to let a pair of them eat keep enough pressure as to get past two shield bubbles by themselves, even opening the way for a single-tile fire beam, if you know your timing (the beam window is qute smaller than the delay between giving the order and the beam firing).

...so yeah, I'm glad I kept both Auto Laser MkI that came with the Red Tail. Quite ironically, I was offered as a surrender tribute from measy pirates at sector 1 a Pre Igniter on the same run. I had to had the Pre Igniter just when I decided to go with Auto Lasers... still made good use of it with a Levia- Kraken, though, a fire beam MkI, and a hull laser Mk2.

They're much more comfortable to use with autofire toggled on, so there's the risk of firing more than you want to, but it's totally worth it.

I can't wait for the day I get my hands on two Auto Laser MkII at the same time. Itt'll be less than one second less of cooldown than the MkI (after applying the manning bonus), but that extra second shall be glorious.