sM Polish Kit: Insurrection v1.6 [CE Support + Modules]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Chrono Vortex

Re: sM Polish Kit: Insurrection v1.1 [CE Support + Modules]

Postby Chrono Vortex » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:16 am

Image Hmm... that looks familiar. Now I wish I'd designed mine like that. And now I can't! Darn you!

I gave the animations a do over if you're interested.

ImageImage

And if you're not, great! I may stick it on the Kodiak. If you wind up using the shot animation you'll want to change the type to LASER. Sine you have a drone targetable value it shouldn't make a difference.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:50 am

Trying to come up with a good design for the lower half of the Rail Driver was an absolute nightmare, but I think I put together something that looks workable in the end. That revision doesn't look too bad either! I'll take a closer look at these and decide what to do from there. You can feel free to use them if you want regardless, too.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:21 pm

That looks more like a Gauss/Coil thinguie than a Rail one though. Nice design regardless.
aaaaaa50

Postby aaaaaa50 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:51 pm

Hey, decided to go back for an FTL run after not playing the game for some months, and guess what? The sM Polish Kit's got its own expansion added to it! I'm only on one run so far, but the new weapons are good and the Kestrel C layout is hilarious. And there was one enemy Zoltan ship with a certain beam weapon that I did not expect. :D

I'm a little disappointed that I never said this before, but I might as well now: As much content as Captain's Edition adds to the game, it's been your balance tweaks that I think make FTL the best it can be. So thank you... again. I hope you don't ever get too tired from making so many updates!
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:01 pm

This mod really needs a better readme.... There is no CLEAR description of the mods ANYWHERE. Im looking through the RAR and there is a ton of FTL files, some are easy but others have multiple names with multiple endings to them. I mean would it kill the author to take 5 minutes and write a description of what each mod does and what its dependency's are? Im trying to use this with CE but im not sure which modules to use, if I should activate the expansion or not.

I know that "Alpha" has to be activated, i assume the expansion just adds more features and such. The remastered HUD has no indication of what it changes or doesnt change so I wont use that. There are 2 modules for Augmented Weapons, a "sMPK-AE" which is for advanced edition i assume and then theres "sMPK-i" which I have no idea what its for or if I need it. Theres also the "sMi Player Ships" which im guessing just changes them back to their vanilla loadouts? Same questions for the "Ship Greebles" mod..... Theres 3 different ones, do I just load the one for CE or do I load all of them?

Anyone that can provide some info on these modules and mods would be amazing. I just can't believe someone would package together this many mods and not have any info posted on what they actually are and what they do....
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:15 pm

If you would take a few seconds to look in the Mod Description window for each module in Slipstream Mod Manager, it would say exactly what each part does, as well as advice on where to install it in the mod order. The readme shows this too. If things are still somehow messing up, throw what kind of mod order you're trying to wield this way and I'll sort it out.
Provinfistoris

Postby Provinfistoris » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:30 pm

Hey guys! I'm new here, I really like a lot of what the sMPK does, but I have a question. Can someone show me how I might go about editing some pieces of it? Mostly, I'd like to change the flagship back to what it was before sMPK rebalanced it so that it's not a pinata, provided you have a teleporter system to kill off the artillery weapons on it. Reason being, you guys will most likely boo me for being a noob, but I'd like to potentially win the game once in a while, and I feel bad being used to wipe walls on easy. I can just about always reliably reach the flagship, just... tend to lose once I get there due to the increased difficulty on it. I'm not asking anyone to modify it or anything, if someone can just point me in the right direction to mess with it a bit.

I really like the increased weapon variation, and the addition of artillery weapons for all the ships. I also like that ships appear with equipment that they should appear with. It does a lot of things I feel are right, but... being a noob, it makes the flagship harder to tackle. If people had tips for me on how to better deal with it, I'd be ok with it too.

Thanks a lot!
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:25 pm

I really should have made that a thing a while back, but hearing the demand for a Vanilla Flagship patch made it a reality. Thankfully it's pretty straightforward to find all the original data and put them into their own unique patch. The main download was updated with the addition of a patch that may be used to revert the Flagship fight back to the vanilla specification, going as far as to remove the Arena RNG from Phase 3.
Provinfistoris

Postby Provinfistoris » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:50 am

Wow! You are awesome! Thanks for that.
Hubnester

Postby Hubnester » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:55 pm

Okay, so a few more questions from me:

Looking at ships in Superluminal revealed an "Anti-Ship Missile Drone" or the like. Also, in an older version I saw a Shotgun Laser. All of them were unobtainable. Were they meant to be obtained via some super secret event, or are they just cut stuff?

Also, I don't know if this is intentional behavior, but in the Last Stand I reached the Base, bought a couple of stuff (really nifty change by the way) and then beat the first phase. After saving and quitting, I find the same message popped up (the one where your hull is repaired), but no hull was actually fixed to the best of my knowledge. Even stranger, the loadout of the shop completely changed! I was unable to replicate this after beating phase 2. After saving and quitting again, I found that the shop was gone. Then my ship got decimated.

Is this intended behavior or anything? It sounds pretty strange. Also, I'm sorry if I couldn't take any screenshots of it.