sM Polish Kit: Insurrection v1.6 [CE Support + Modules]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Auron1

Re: sM Polish Kit: Insurrection v1.3 [CE Support + Modules]

Postby Auron1 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:10 pm

mr_easy_money wrote:When I wrote my message, I did save one key up to the last battle with the enemy flagship. :?

huh? the keys should trigger when you end the dialogue with Tully with a blue option (I think): "the keys seem to be reacting to something" or something to that effect.[/quote]

Never seen it happening :cry:
That's why I was quite puzzled by your replies! :D

slowriderxcorps wrote:Alright, that Mod List is definitely incorrect and is even using a thing or two that don't really do much for it at all. Assuming you're trying to run the typical full Insurrection setup, the order is something like:

Alpha - The sM Polish Kit for AE
GFX - Remastered HUD
Expansion sMPK Insurrection
Module - Augmented Weapons for sMPK
Module - Augmented Weapons for Insurrection
Module - Enhanced Systems for Insurrection + CR
Module - Named Weapons for Insurrection
Ship Mods Go Here

Do Ship Mods require a specific order? What do I do with AWM mods?
Thanks
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:06 am

Well the general rule of Shipmods is that you only install those of the ships you want to play at any given point. The last ones to be loaded in the order overwrite anything that might be in their place prior.
FearTheBlaziken

Postby FearTheBlaziken » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:12 pm

It's moments like these where at the same time that I'm glad there are others still looking out for slip-ups in my work, I'm also cursing myself for making such amateur mistakes. Thanks for catching those, I've sorted them out now.

Glad I could help. I just won against the Hard Flagship in Insurrection for the second time and despite the "bosses.xml" file having the Flagship's shields up to level 10 (5 Shields), I only saw the Flagship using 4 shields. Granted, I did modify the module a little to resemble the Insurrection Flagship's layout, but have not tampered with the Shields level in any means.

Code: Select all

Comparison: https://www.diffchecker.com/djfFXfPd
- Moved Clone Bay to Top-Center in the same fashion as Drone Control (Non-AE Layout is same as Insurrection). (Apparently the Flagship in Phase 3 has a Clone Bay instead of Drone Control, letting a stream of angry Rebels wreck havoc on my ship.)
- Non-AE Phase 1 now uses its Teleporter, but its boardingAI is set to sabotage (Recall Boarders when health is low).
- Replaced the Laser I and Beam I drones in Phase 1 for a one-power Defense Drone and a two-power Burst Laser II Drone
- Phase 2 Engines increased to level 4. (The Flagship has a Engine setup of 2/3/6 like the Vanilla Flagship)
- Non-AE Phase 3 now equips a Defense I, Boarding Drone, Repair Drone and Anti-Personnel drone (Make up for Mind Control and Clone Bay boarder flooding)
- Increased the Laser Artillery's damage and Fire/Breach chance to act like Heavy Lasers.
- Lowered the Reactor slightly so that Power Disruptor isn't entirely useless. (I did calculate the Reactor levels that all Phases use, unless Enemy Subsystems also use power.)

Before my second time against the Hard Flagship, I modified the Shields to have two more levels in upgradeCost (Some ships had 5 shields in Vanilla when upgradeCost had 9 levels for Shields), but the Flagship still didn't use 5 shields.

Code: Select all

<mod:findName type="systemBlueprint" name="shields">
   <mod-overwrite:upgradeCost>
      <level>100</level>
      <level>20</level>
      <level>30</level>
      <level>40</level>
      <level>60</level>
      <level>80</level>
      <level>100</level>
      <level>125</level>
      <level>150</level>
   </mod-overwrite:upgradeCost>
</mod:findName>

Another thing I saw in the file is that Phase 3 on Non-AE Easy replaces a Anti-Personnel Drone with a Boarding Drone, was this intentional?

Regardless, I still had a Hard time against the Flagship, especially as the Ion Intruder drone landed in the Helm, the Glaive Beam Artillery and Elite Power Bomb was the saving grace for my ship and the Federation.

Given what I've done while others were not active, I can now say that I've polished the Polish Kit. Release coming soon, but not from me.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:12 pm

I think in regards to the Flagship's shields and some other systems, it's actively affected by the limits set for player systems. This is why with the blueprint set to give the flagship Lv10 Shields that it still only goes to Lv8. Similarly though, in Descent Into Darkness where the player can only go up to Lv6 Shields, this also affects the flagship and makes it much easier to deal with as a result.
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:57 pm

I have finally managed to use a KEY! Yay!! :mrgreen:

Ok, I am disappointed. My reward was 8 warheads, some scraps and one more thing that I can't write down because it would spoil the fun for anyone trying to use them as well.
Anyway, the Unique weapons are really awesome :D
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:29 am

Auron1 wrote:I have finally managed to use a KEY! Yay!! :mrgreen:

Ok, I am disappointed. My reward was 8 warheads, some scraps and one more thing that I can't write down because it would spoil the fun for anyone trying to use them as well.

Yeah the rewards from the storage key aren't exactly stunning, but sometimes the reward can be pretty helpful especially if your weapon setup isn't too great. I remember getting a reward from one of them, that had I not gotten it, I probably wouldn't have survived the flagship.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:07 pm

As per a request on the subreddit, I went over and completely reformatted and updated the changelog on the OP to, with a dose of luck, make it a bit easier to interpret. At the moment, I'm also trying to investigate erroneous behaviour with Level 2 Defense drones in the hands of enemy ships. It seems that there's issues with them being able to intercept laser fire due to the intense speed of the shots, so specific changes for these particular drones may need to happen.

Morale isn't exactly up there though, that much can be said.
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:40 pm

slowriderxcorps wrote:Morale isn't exactly up there though, that much can be said.

Don't give up! I really appreciate your Mod and any improvement is a great thing!
Only two days ago I visited the AI incident sector: very nice!
Your Mod is also friendly with all ships, which means it can be used along third-party mods which replace one or more ships (like my fav. Butheogallus).

Please continue with your work :!:
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:40 am

There seems to be a slight error on the weapon (store) tip for the high-yield atlas missile launcher:

EDIT: since the atlas missile launcher only fires 1 shot, how come it says the damage increases from 4 to 6?
Shouldn't it really read from 2 to 3? Is this a possible error with respect to high-yield missile launchers that only fire one shot?

The High-Yield Atlas means that the core damage is multiplied by 2 which means it does 6 damage instead of 3. However, the tip says damage was increased from 4 to 6, not 3 to 6.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:27 pm

Good catch, that's now been hotfixed alongside something else I spotted during testing yesterday. There's also now new randomised texts related to entering stores, and the store system for CR has been reworked a little. I still need to go over the trade prices for that and adjust them accordingly, though. Another one for the To-Do list.