[Ship][AE] Auto-Cruiser 1.01 & Auto-Constructor 1.0

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Ora_unit_SR388

Re: [Ship] Auto-Cruiser v.1.0

Postby Ora_unit_SR388 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:05 pm

Cool. I remember making something like this awile back. It is nicely balanced. I seem to remember a mod, I think it was called the nexus, that had a similar design.
CrashSanders

Postby CrashSanders » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:51 pm

I am not sure I completely understand how does that ship work since there's no crewmen (or the first beacon event adds one? o_O)
Anyway, always wanted to make an AI-piloted ship.

And I demand a video playthrough with that beauty! And yeah, nice ME reference. x3
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:07 pm

CrashSanders wrote:I am not sure I completely understand how does that ship work since there's no crewmen (or the first beacon event adds one? o_O)
Anyway, always wanted to make an AI-piloted ship.

And I demand a video playthrough with that beauty! And yeah, nice ME reference. x3

All the systems repair slowly over time - very slowly, you can't lose if your entire crew dies, and all the mannable systems act as if they were being manned by an untrained officer.

However, you cannot buy crewmembers, as the game thinks you are at the crew cap. Events will grant people just fine, though, and the mod contains a starting event that gives you a single officer, apparently.
CrashSanders

Postby CrashSanders » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:38 pm

dalolorn wrote:All the systems repair slowly over time - very slowly, you can't lose if your entire crew dies, and all the mannable systems act as if they were being manned by an untrained officer.However, you cannot buy crewmembers, as the game thinks you are at the crew cap. Events will grant people just fine, though, and the mod contains a starting event that gives you a single officer, apparently.

Wow, thanks for explanation! =) So this ship acts as a normal auto-scout (or assault), but has O2 room to support live crewmen? Sweet. :3
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:02 pm

Ora_unit_SR388 wrote:Cool. I remember making something like this awile back. It is nicely balanced. I seem to remember a mod, I think it was called the nexus, that had a similar design.

This ship is to the Nexus as Virgin Galactic's SpaceShip2 is to B.C. riding around on that stone unicycle.

CrashSanders wrote:And I demand a video playthrough with that beauty! And yeah, nice ME reference. x3

I just finished one but I won't be posting it until the weekend. Amusingly it comes right after my run with the Nexus which I'll be posting starting tomorrow.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:52 pm

I am quite confused. The ingame layout appears to be QUITE different from the one in the OP, and the room that SHOULD contain the piloting system is by no means invulnerable. This is a result of copy-pasting the relevant blueprint from your mod, as well as both layout files, into my own mod.

Edit: Oops... never mind, my blueprint was from Superluminal, which seems to have altered the layout considerably. Equally confusing, but much more fixable, as I can replace the affected section of my own blueprint for PLAYER_SHIP_STEALTH with its original counterpart from your PLAYER_SHIP_CIRCLE. :D
ILoveScouts

Postby ILoveScouts » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:04 pm

This ship is really awesome, i beat the flagship 3 times in a row with it! Also, i have a question, a bit off topic but is it possible to get the slug interceptor to be a playable ship? Ive been trying with the Superluminal Ship editor and i keep getting errors :(
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:45 pm

Enemy and player ships are built differently. You should remake the ship from scratch using rotated images of the interceptor. Just making a copy won't work i think. You can ask about the errors in the Superluminal thread.

Welcome to the forum and modding community. :)
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
ClockALock

Postby ClockALock » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:51 am

It's an auto-ship.
Named Sovereign.
With a crewmember named Saren.
Kudos, my friend.
(In all seriousness, I think this is cool and I'm going to try it).
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:24 am

Well done ship. Haven't played it much, but it's looking good. I kinda dislike it... i want manned station bonuses and stuff, but that's just me. As far as crativity goes, well done sir, well done.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.