[WIP][SHIP]Federation CargoBob Mk.1

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
MantisGeneral7

[WIP][SHIP]Federation CargoBob Mk.1

Postby MantisGeneral7 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:15 pm

Welcome Capitain Storyline:You Wake up, You run to the Hangar To Catch The Last Ship But when you Arive You See Just The CargoBob MK 1 A Federation Transport Outfited For Combat
Replaces The Kestrel Layout 1
I Tried To Balance The Ship Giving it Just Enough Power To Have The 2 Burst Lasers Open. The 2 Burst Lasers Make a Barrage.Statics: Cloaking And Teleport Can Be Buyed From Stores. And You Can Defeat The Rebel FlagShip with this!
Systems:
Artilery Level 2
Shields Level 4
Engine level 2
Drone Control Level 4
Pilot Level 2
Sensors Level 1
Doors Level 2
Medbay Level 2
Oxygen level 1
Weapons Level 5
12 Power Bars From Start
Here Is a Pic
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o84ou3qnhr6u8 ... ssault.png
Weapons:
Burst Laser II
Burst Laser II
Ion Bomb

By The Way This Is My First Ship So Be Gentle :D
Download V1 TOO OVERPOWERED https://www.dropbox.com/s/lhre72nvau9pxw7/CargoBob.ftl
Download V2 Balanced https://www.dropbox.com/s/n0mmcr82cobnp ... Bob213.ftl
Have a Nice Day Captains!

EDIT: Coming back to this post 4 years later makes me realize that my English was so shit back in the day. I'll probably start making mods again for nostalgia's sake
Last edited by MantisGeneral7 on Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:34 pm, edited 7 times in total.
UltraMantis

Re: [WIP][SHIP]Federation CargoBob Mk.1

Postby UltraMantis » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:22 am

The ship still has a working Arty Beam lvl2 and enough power for both BL2.
Try moving the ship a little to the left, it sits too near the enemy.
Ship is too powerfull. With huge engines, maxed drone control, six crew incl. 2 Mantis, a Defense Drone MkII, two Burst Lasers MkII and an Ion Bomb right at the start, there is very little for the player to actually to in the game. Having this ship around sector 6-7 would be nice, but starting with it all is very boring. There is no danger whatsoever.

Don't give it everything, leave something out. If you gift maxed engines at the beginning, reduce crew or weapons. Speaking of weapons, the ship starts ready to blow up the boss. That is not good balance, those are wet dream weapons, so if you are going to give them to the player, nerf the ship in other ways, for example by removing defenses. It's not necessary to have a balanced ship for the sake of balance itself. Ideally the ship should be fun and challenging to play. The way it currently is, it's far too easy to stomp everything.

Nobody gets it right the first time, and FTL is a difficult game so making overpowered ships is natural. For your next one, i suggest you think of a way to challenge and reward the player. Give an idea of how the ship should be played and upgraded, but don't provide it all. Let the player try and put the pieces together.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
MantisGeneral7

Postby MantisGeneral7 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:01 am

Thanks UltraMantis I'm new to this And By the Way I Appriciate Your Help!
The MG Fleet Is Here!
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:09 am

I'm allways happy to complain about something. :D You can count on me.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
MantisGeneral7

Postby MantisGeneral7 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:53 am

UltraMantis wrote:I'm allways happy to complain about something. :D You can count on me.
Thanks Body But I Need to know how i Rotate The Ship?
The MG Fleet Is Here!
MantisGeneral7

Postby MantisGeneral7 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:58 am

UltraMantis wrote:I'm allways happy to complain about something. :D You can count on me.
And By the way I'm using SuperLuminal Ship Editor ":"
The MG Fleet Is Here!
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:19 pm

Do you mean by "rotate" how do you shift it? Go into Edit and select "Calculate Optimal Offset"

And could we have some pictures? A stat sheet is nice but seeing the ship gives me all the info I need in one glance. :)
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
MantisGeneral7

Postby MantisGeneral7 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:48 pm

5thHorseman wrote:Do you mean by "rotate" how do you shift it? Go into Edit and select "Calculate Optimal Offset"

And could we have some pictures? A stat sheet is nice but seeing the ship gives me all the info I need in one glance. :)

And Ok ik how to Make a Picture:P and The Think With the Calculate Works With SuperLuminal???
The MG Fleet Is Here!
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:29 pm

MantisGeneral7 wrote:
5thHorseman wrote:Do you mean by "rotate" how do you shift it? Go into Edit and select "Calculate Optimal Offset"

And Ok ik how to Make a Picture:P and The Think With the Calculate Works With SuperLuminal???

Actually I was hoping for a picture of the inside, maybe of the Hangar screen, so we can see the rooms and weapons and whatnot.

And yeah, that's in SuperLuminal where you Calculate Optimal Offset.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
MantisGeneral7

Postby MantisGeneral7 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:27 am

5thHorseman wrote:
MantisGeneral7 wrote:

Actually I was hoping for a picture of the inside, maybe of the Hangar screen, so we can see the rooms and weapons and whatnot.

And yeah, that's in SuperLuminal where you Calculate Optimal Offset.

How i Make Pictures???? In Ftl I don't Got The Steam Edition:P The Bundle Store One
And You Maked The Pyro ??? i Made One too Federation
Ghost Fighter !!!
The MG Fleet Is Here!