[SHIP] Millennium Falcon

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Lanvi

[SHIP] Millennium Falcon

Postby Lanvi » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:57 am

Hi everyone! I just got FTL from the Steam summer sale. While playing I thought the Millennium Falcon would be a perfect fit for this game! Considering how long this game has been out and the popularity of the Star Wars franchise there wasn't a doubt in my mind that there would already be a Millennium Falcon mod somewhere. I jumped onto the forums and searched and searched however the lack of a Millennium Falcon mod I liked perplexed me. It was either they were half finished, overpowerd or inaccurate! So I considered making my own mod. so..

Millenium Falcon!

Build explanation.

I took design cues from these images
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081001132212/starwars/images/b/b8/Falcon_egvv.jpg
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070217133239/starwars/images/3/3f/MillenniumFalconCrossSection-SWICS.jpg
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070217103320/starwars/images/1/1a/MillenniumFalconInterior.jpg

-The engine room is where the Falcon's hyperdrive is located (4 power since the Falcon was said to be the fastest ship in the Rebel fleet. X-wings would probably be 3 power)

-The medbay is where the crew quarters is located

-The shield room is where the ship's power core is located (The Falcon's actual shield generators are 2 units at the front of the ship)

-The weapons room is where the hatch going to the weapon turrets at the top and bottom of the hull would be.

-The door control room is located where the Falcon's circuitry bay is

-The sensor room is located underneath the Falcon's rectenna (you can see it poking out to the side of the room)

-The oxygen room is located where the Falcon's life support system is.

-The pilot room is a custom 4 seater like the Falcon's cockpit (I even included the hallway leading to the cockpit)

-The cloaking system when installed is located at the 2x2 cargo room to the rear of the ship as cloaking systems in Star Wars are huge and the Falcon was thought to be to small to hold one.

-The Teleporter room is right next to the engines and behind the shield room as this is where the Falcon's escape pods are located

-The drone control room is located at the 2x2 room at the front of the ship as that was where C-3P0 and R2-D2 hangout

-The airlock at the left side of the ship is a docking port used to dock with space stations

-the airlock at the rear of the ship is a freight elevator

-the airlocks at the front of the ship are the main loading bay doors as the Falcon is a cargo ship

-the airlocks at the right side of the ship is the Falcon's main boarding ramp

-the 2 1x2 rooms at the front of the ship are cargo bays

-The weapons are 2 dual lasers to represent the ships dual quad cannons

-This ship has only 3 weapon slots as the Falcon only has its dual quad cannons and a concussion missle launcher at the front

-2 drone slots to represent R2-D2 and C-3P0

-long range scanner augment to represent the Falcon's impressive nav computer (allowing it to complete the Kessel run in 12 parsecs)

-and of course one human and one rock for Han Solo and Chewbacca (don't forget to rename them!)

DOWNLOAD here

This ship replaces the Bulwark (Rock A)
use Grognak's Mod Manager to install
just drop the .ftl into its mods folder

Comments and suggestions are encouraged.
Enjoy!
Last edited by Lanvi on Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
5thHorseman

Re: [SHIP] Millenium Falcon

Postby 5thHorseman » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:53 pm

Chewie as a Rockman is perfect. And I love how the cockpit will seat 4, considering how often they totally overcrowded the Falcon's.

One problem I see: It's actually the MIllennium Falcon (2 n's)

Looks to be - in game terms - about the same (to start) as the Red Tail but with one less weapon slot and more engines. And that is by no means a complaint! :)
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
LordAshram

Postby LordAshram » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:28 pm

Great!:)
Lanvi

Postby Lanvi » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:34 pm

5thHorseman wrote:
One problem I see: It's actually the MIllennium Falcon (2 n's)

Wow thanks for spotting that! I'll edit the post now but do the ingame changes later as I'm playtesting the ship
Also your sig explains a lot! never could get those images to line up and now I know why.
Lanvi

Re: [SHIP] Millennium Falcon

Postby Lanvi » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:26 pm

Update:

-fixed spelling errors
-uncluttered ship layout
-cleaned up hull image a bit
-fixed cloak image
Alvarin

Postby Alvarin » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:41 pm

Played the mod several times, won each one of them on normal, so it's probably somewhat overpowered. It played very similar to the RedTail, tiny bit harder in early game due to longer charge on 4x barrage and on later game due to less weapon slots, but still kind of easy ship. On the crew choice, I think Chewie would be better as a Mantis, rather than Rockman, due to fire resistance and the fur, and the Wookies are supposedly very fast.
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:16 pm

Wookies very fast?? lol... :shock: they are stronger than humans, but not faster...
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
Alvarin

Postby Alvarin » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:42 pm

Not going to argue, haven't seen it for ages. Just the way I remembered it.
Still, as hard hitters that really shouldn't be immune to fire, Mantis fits better. :p
LordAshram

Postby LordAshram » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:33 pm

I think Rockmen passes the eye test:) Big, lots of HP, and it sort of looks vaguely wookie.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:39 am

Plus Chewie could fix things :lol: even if by punching them. ;) Mantis are funny to watch with a wrench. Not usefull, but funny.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.