[MOD]Star Wars V1.3.1.02

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sire Dick Chappy

Re: Star Wars

Postby Sire Dick Chappy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:20 am

Perhaps you should make a venator cruiser, which can also be found in swfoc. or maybe some of the pirate cruisers, which would work well with the pirates mod. Perhaps maybe a droid ship could be found??

I love the mod and hope events are added!
LordAshram

Postby LordAshram » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:38 pm

Hey Swarm, sorry I just saw your message.... email sent!

You know, I was thinking... if you want to have a nice full range of drones available (i.e. a ship attack I, II, and III, and so on) you COULD do different squadrons of the same ship.

For example... Yellow Squadron of X-Wings could be attack 1, Green could be attack 2, and Red or Rogue attack 3.

That way you could really have a TON of different drones... three levels of attack, defense, plus missile and ion and...

Anyway, graphics emailed over. Sorry I couldnt get the transparent backgrounds to save... NO idea why.
LordAshram

Postby LordAshram » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:43 pm

Hm double post.

And I wouldn't mind doing events, if I can read up on how to do them:)
Thunderr

Postby Thunderr » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:08 am

Looks sweet! I'll have to try it out.
LordAshram

Re: Star Wars V1.1 Drones Update

Postby LordAshram » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:46 pm

Hah! Just saw the update. They look good! Took a Star Destroyer for a little run:)

If I might recommend... I would consider getting rid of the engine/movement graphics for the drones... I don't think they really need them? Maybe just replace them with a completely transparent graphic?

Good stuff! Starting in on a ship now:)
LordAshram

Postby LordAshram » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:27 am

Hey Swarm,

I just did a really rough redo of the Corellian Corvette with more FTL graphics... any good? Or not worth it?

Here is the art on its own. It is not really done, but close... not sure how much more detail it would need, since it is always covered up by rooms. Anyway... it took a bit of time... is it worth doing this?

LordAshram

Postby LordAshram » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:15 pm

Hey Swarm (or anyone, I guess...)

I wanted to look at some of the weapons you added, but I can't seem to find them in the Starwars 1.1 ftl file. When I extract it I just get three folders, including a data folder that seems to only have ship info. Any chance you (or anyone, I guess!:) ) can tell me where to find these?

Thanks!
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:39 pm

Should be in blueprints.xml.append and animations.xml.append

Watch your spelling and syntax when editing weapons. ;)
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
LordAshram

Postby LordAshram » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:41 pm

Ah, okay, thanks!:)
LordAshram

Postby LordAshram » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:36 pm

Okay, Swarm, another idea:

I know I get really irritated when I am flying a rebel ship and come up against X-Wings:)

So... how about if you split your mod into TWO mods.

Star Wars: Rebel Alliance, where you play as a rebel ship and the AI only generates Imperial ships, and Star Wars: Imperial Might (or something like that) where you play as an Imperial ship and the AI only generates Rebel ships.

And then you only made rebel drones available to the AI in Imperial Might so that as an Imperial you never fight AGAINST TIE fighters and as a Rebel you never fight against B-Wings.

That is doable, right?