Help!

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
SirRazor

Help!

Postby SirRazor » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:35 pm

It is my first time using mods, so I have no idea what I am doing. I installed Decent into Darkness and for some reason I can't get rid of it. Every time I try loading a new mod, the Decent into Darkness loading screen comes up. I've done the thing to uninstall mods by clicking "Patch" without selecting any mods. That didn't work so I've deleted my FTL and re-installed it. The vanilla game came up again, but when I try to install new mods it goes back to Decent into Darkness again!

Please help,
Sir Razor
Alvarin

Re: Help!

Postby Alvarin » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:54 am

I am not sure this will work, but I'd suggest after reinstalling FTL cleanly, D/L clean version of GMM. I think it has the DescentIntoDarkness mod integrated into his "clean" database. In addition, it might be worth to move the mods you don't want to use currently into different folder.
Good luck!
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:43 am

Uninstall FTL, then delete the FTL folder, then install FTL again. The problem is that once you uninstalled FTL, there remained backups containing some modded files and these backups make it impossible to have a "clean" install.

All the modded files are in the resources folder so i suggest that after deleting everything and reinstalling, you make a backup of the resources folder. If at any point you get mod problems you can just restore this folder and the game will be vanilla again. You will lose all mods when you restore the resources folder.

The profile and savegame are kep separately so there wont be any problem there unless you deliberately delete your profile.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
mr silencer

Postby mr silencer » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:37 am

do you have any other version of the mod manger other than 1.5, if so get version 1.5 because the other versions are complicated and weird
Signature loading...
boa13

Postby boa13 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:19 am

Version 1.7 contains a lot of improvement over version 1.6 and 1.5. What makes you stay in such an old version?
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
mr silencer

Postby mr silencer » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:23 am

i heard from some FTL pros that later versions are complicated and that 1.5 is straight to the point and easy to use
Signature loading...
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:26 am

1.5 also had a few annoying bugs (can't have more than 7-8 mods on the list simultaneously on certain locales, for example).
The only difficulty in using 1.7 that I can imagine is double clicking on main.py instead of modman.exe.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
mr silencer

Postby mr silencer » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:32 am

yeah i dont get that problem, do you put ship mods that overlap or do you put more than one overhual mod on at once, or maybe its just you?
Signature loading...