[SHIP] [AE] [BETA] The Asteroid - BETA 2.0 FOR AE

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Plague Courier Six

Re: [SHIP] The Asteroid

Postby Plague Courier Six » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:43 pm

So out of curiousity is this ship compatible with the Advanced edition?I'm kind ofgetting tired of purchasing systems only to have them not show up.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:30 pm

When it is, I will update the first post and the forum title like I did with the below 2 ships that I suggest you try instead of this one.

I *DO* hope to have this mod updated soon. I will probably do it next, as the Black Opal will likely take a significant reworking. This one will just require a new weapon (Phoenix missiles. Think Pegasus Missiles meets Fire Bombs, possibly with the scatter mechanic thrown in) and placement of the new systems.

The Potential
Automated Scout
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:03 pm

Just a side note: As you might remember, I reworked the asteroid hull a little for CE. Added some metal bits and a bulkhead but lost some gibs during the process. In case you like the CE version then feel free to use it for the re-release.

Some of the gibs are cut off in the CE version cause they do not appear on screen in the enemy window, but they could just be left out for the player ship version.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:05 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Just a side note: As you might remember, I reworked the asteroid hull a little for CE. Added some metal bits and a bulkhead but lost some gibs during the process. In case you like the CE version then feel free to use it for the re-release.

I did not remember that! I'll check it out, but I may end up not using it at least until there's a gib tool in SL2. Unless my gibs look okay with your hull (they may if the additions are light) or it's disturbingly easy to edit them in (I'm a naturally lazy person).
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:09 pm

Well the gibs all have different size now, so you might need the tool to work that. Well, anyway... was just a heads up.
5thHorseman

Re: [SHIP] [AE] [BETA] The Asteroid - BETA FOR AE

Postby 5thHorseman » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:23 am

I've updated this ship to AE BETA. It may have bugs and I am looking for feedback if anybody could give it a try. See below

Download version AE BETA 1.0 here: http://pulpaudio.com/ftl/AsteroidAE.ftl
(if you have trouble downloading, try right clicking and selecting "save link as..." in the menu)

The Asteroid has gotten an overhaul, both for AE and just in general. In addition to getting the full Advanced Edition treatment it's gotten a new weapon: Phoenix Missiles. This short-to-recharge missile launcher fires no less than *5* missiles at a time. Sadly, they do no damage and only start fires. Also, they've got the widest spread in the game! You could easily miss the room you're aiming at with all 5, but so long as you choose your room to aim at well, you'll probably hit the enemy ship 2 or 3 times. I'm not sold on the exact radius or number of missiles. Any suggestions on either or both would be appreciated.

To do:
  • The ship has no floor graphic. I never notice the floor in-game and it covers some of the ship graphics, so I'm not sure if I'll even do this.
  • No gibs. I thing the original ship had them, so before this leaves beta it will as well.
  • Fix any bugs I or you find.
  • I'll entertain any suggestions as well.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:37 am

5thHorseman wrote:The ship has no floor graphic. I never notice the floor in-game and it covers some of the ship graphics, so I'm not sure if I'll even do this.

You currently have some black dot in the middle of the ship for the floor graphic. :?: :?: :?: I don't know what your new room layout looks like, so I don't know if it is covered or not.

<drones power="1" ... I hope this is self-explanatory.

<cloak x="-8" y="-10" /> Your cloak might be off by 2 pixels.

5thHorseman wrote:Phoenix Missiles...they've got the widest spread in the game!

Maybe the widest you've ever used, but my Inferno Blast has it beat. :P

Fire Bombs do crew damage. Just something to think about...
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:08 am

RAD-82 wrote:You currently have some black dot in the middle of the ship for the floor graphic. :?: :?: :?: I don't know what your new room layout looks like, so I don't know if it is covered or not.

It is. There is (or at least was in the old version) a weird bug where some people's installs would turn a 100% transparent image into a 100% black image. I was one of these people so all my "all blank" images have a dot in them where it'd be covered by a room. Or, for later ships, a simple copy of the hull image which is now a bit clunky due to offsets.

RAD-82 wrote:<drones power="1" ... I hope this is self-explanatory.

It is. I noticed it while playing but forgot to fix it :)

RAD-82 wrote:<cloak x="-8" y="-10" /> Your cloak might be off by 2 pixels.

I miss just having this stuff work :)

RAD-82 wrote:
5thHorseman wrote:Phoenix Missiles...they've got the widest spread in the game!

Maybe the widest you've ever used, but my Inferno Blast has it beat. :P

I should have said something closer to "wider than any weapon in the base game." Nobody can claim to have the widest spread as someone can just make it one bigger. "My spread goes to 11!"

RAD-82 wrote:Fire Bombs do crew damage. Just something to think about...

Fire bombs don't have the chance of hitting the same room 5 times in 3 seconds.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

5thHorseman

Re: [SHIP] [AE] [BETA] The Asteroid - BETA 2.0 FOR AE

Postby 5thHorseman » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:25 am

BETA 2 is out! This is a whole different ship now.

Download version AE BETA 2.0 here: http://pulpaudio.com/ftl/AsteroidAE.ftl
(if you have trouble downloading, try right clicking and selecting "save link as..." in the menu)

The Asteroid has gotten an overhaul, both for AE and just in general. In addition to getting the full Advanced Edition treatment it's gotten a new weapon: Phoenix Missiles. This short-to-recharge missile launcher fires no less than *5* missiles at a time. Also? They pierce even Zoltan shields! Sadly, they do no damage and only start fires.

In Beta 2.0, I took away the 4-man teleporter and 4-man medbay. They encouraged you to drop the fire strategy and just go all-out boarding and where's the fun in that? Now you've got to decide, boring old 2-person teleporter or FIRE FIRE FIRE? To help, I've also given you a drone bay to start and a boarding drone. Aren't I nice?

To do:
  • The ship has no floor graphic. I never notice the floor in-game and it covers some of the ship graphics, so I'm not sure if I'll even do this.
  • I'm not sure on the power of the ship. I'm interested in opinions. And bugs. Or any suggestion really :)
My Videos - MY MOD HUB