[SHIP] Federation Auto-Assault

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Yuurg

[SHIP] Federation Auto-Assault

Postby Yuurg » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:41 pm

Hello there! This is a new player ship, the Federation Auto-Assault!
Basically, it's the normal Auto-Assault enemy, but with more rooms added and more powerful, as well as being flipped 90 degrees like most player ships are. It also has a Federation paint job.
This ship comes with no crew and no oxygen, however, since it is automated, all of the systems count as being manned, and they automatically repair any system damage. To help speed repairs up, you are given a drone control system with a system repair drone at the start.
You have a medbay to help keep alive any crew members you find along the way until you find an oxygen system at stores, which you can pick up for free.
You start off with a burst laser 2 and a basic laser.
You also start off with 4 engine power and 3 piloting power, because the enemy Auto-Assaults are notoriously good at dodging.
You have 2 drone power, but only 1 drone. This helps to prevent that if you get hit once in the drone control you can't repair anything for a long time.
You also have titanium system casing augment, just to help protect your systems, since repairing with the drone is slow.
It does come with gibs.

Here is a picture of the ship with its rooms:

Here is a pic of its hull:

Please post feedback/comments/questions/bugs here!
Thank you!

Note: I have only played 1 game with this ship and it seems that I couldn't find a cloaking system in any stores. It might just be bad luck but let me know if it happens to you too.
EDIT: Just found a cloak in the store, it works.

V1 DOWNLOAD LINK:
http://db.tt/Ir7Gqd6A

You can also download a Low Oxygen Warning remover, made by Morat48 here:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10793
Just scroll down and click on the "Optional O2 Warning Remover"

PS I have completed the game with this ship, I only had 1 Engi crew member
PPS I would really like for VanguardofValor to make a lets play in this ship! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Yuurg on Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
5thHorseman

Re: [SHIP] Federation Auto-Assault

Postby 5thHorseman » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:06 am

That looks awesome. I'll be playing it soon.

To make the ship work, did you make game-wide changes so that (for example) things like other ships won't lose if you lose all of the crew?
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
Yuurg

Postby Yuurg » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:10 am

5thHorseman wrote:That looks awesome. I'll be playing it soon.

To make the ship work, did you make game-wide changes so that (for example) things like other ships won't lose if you lose all of the crew?

No, I just didn't add any crew. A bug that happens with that, though, is you can't buy crew members from stores, it will say that your ship is full. But you can get crew from random events, although it will still say that your ship is full and you have to dismiss a crew member. Also, I don't know what happens if you get a crew member and he dies. I'll check now.
EDIT: Thankfully, you can continue your game if you lose all your crew.
Last edited by Yuurg on Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thunderr

Postby Thunderr » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:25 am

Just had a freak out moment when I thought you stole some of my art. (I made one almost exactly similar a couple weeks back but didn't post it.) Looks interesting though!
Yuurg

Postby Yuurg » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:36 am

Thunderr wrote:Just had a freak out moment when I thought you stole some of my art. (I made one almost exactly similar a couple weeks back but didn't post it.) Looks interesting though!

:lol: I wouldn't steal someone's art and not give them credit! Although I knew someone must have made something similar to this before.
Thunderr

Postby Thunderr » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:42 am

Yuurg wrote: :lol: I wouldn't steal someone's art and not give them credit! Although I knew someone must have made something similar to this before.

Yeah, it's not exactly the most original or creative idea, but I like your art, although it is rotated the wrong way. (hint hint: mirror it horizontally)
Yuurg

Postby Yuurg » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:45 am

Thunderr wrote:
Yuurg wrote: :lol: I wouldn't steal someone's art and not give them credit! Although I knew someone must have made something similar to this before.

Yeah, it's not exactly the most original or creative idea, but I like your art, although it is rotated the wrong way. (hint hint: mirror it horizontally)

:?: But enemy ships are displayed facing upwards, and player ships are to the right, so if I mirrored it it would be backwards...
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:52 am

Thunderr wrote:

Enemy ships are placed looking upwards, so i dont think it is in the wrong direction. Besides, u clearly can see the weapon mounts looking to the right.
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
Thunderr

Postby Thunderr » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:42 am

speedoflight wrote:
Enemy ships are placed looking upwards, so i dont think it is in the wrong direction. Besides, u clearly can see the weapon mounts looking to the right.

Hmm, you're right. How did I miss that?
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:02 am

It has the "Black Box" problem with the floor, and it seems to be missing glow images, at least for Weapons and Shields.

I'm'a keep playing it though to see how it plays.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."