Page 661 of 664

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:13 pm
by blah2001
Thank you for this! Fixed the issue

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:54 pm
by Tapii
Could Rannl or Sleeper please post the program that generates the content for CE infinite? I want to play around with prefixes, rarity, and the like?

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:54 pm
by slathos
Hi! I love the mod and I spent already ten or fifteen hours playing the earlier version and now I returned to it.
However I encountered a bug that erased whole my progress on one playthrough. It happened after some hours farming the deep space. When I jumped to some beacon, the game froze and I had to kill it via task manager. When I started the game again, the loading time was extremely long - about five minutes. Now, I have pretty good PC that can run games like Witcher 3 on high settings without hiccup. Memory problem should be out of question. When I loaded the save I tried to jump again to a different beacon and the game froze again. When I started it the next time it loaded with regular speed and my save was gone. I checked the save directory and there were no trace of that. I started a new game and the same thing happened but much sooner - in the second sector.
I use only the CE mod with extra music, infinite add-on and endless loot for infinite. With all the compatibility and resource patches, of course. Does anyone know the solution for my problem? I would gladly go back to this game again :)

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:20 pm
by KingdomKrafters
Uh this is actually a fairly common code error. Its caused when you try to jump to a beacon with an event that doesn't exist or attempts to do something impossible, including load an event that doesnt exist. Now, CE's event code is gigantic, and sorting through it is painfully slow. If there is a typo causing this crash, which there probably is, then it may take a while to find it. You could always open slipstream, select all of your CE content, then select validate. Now sometimes bugs don't show up in validate (more than 50% of the time), but thats the most reliable way to find it. I'm sure someone will fix the error at some point

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:44 pm
by slathos
KingdomKrafters wrote:You could always open slipstream, select all of your CE content, then select validate.


So I did. There is some of those errors, but none really looks terminal to me. Here's the dump.

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:25 am
by Chopper
I have a crash to report. Every time i use a combat augment the game crashes. i have manged to fix it by turning off scramble menu and the popular weapon mods. But i would like to use all of them. I know that i am not supposed to hardly use any other mods though.

Here is my mod order list.

MLAS Assorted Weapons Pack v1.4.1
Sleepz Wepz - No Events
nono's weapon pack 1.2
Arfy's Experimental Armanents
CE Resource Pack
FTL Captains Edition
Some ships from the master mod list.
Crewless ships crash fix
SCRAMBLE_MENU
SCRAMBLE_CE
SCRAMBLE_MOREMENU

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:19 pm
by lbyrne2
This IS DLC. you cant change my mind.

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:52 pm
by 5thHorseman
Well it's content you download for sure.

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:18 pm
by ahmedoo
So any plans for an 1.6.9 update? I heard that it breaks current CE build.

I also notice some new text issues (wrong brackets, colouring):
https://zapodaj.net/03b29fc0b7df3.png.html
https://zapodaj.net/54ded96b32b55.png.html
https://zapodaj.net/e59d1abb0cc00.png.html
https://zapodaj.net/1dfc9e5f3ea0b.png.html
https://zapodaj.net/31319375ef877.png.html

Is the mod dead already? I was following updates for a long time, but I can see that there are no more plans for any new content. There is still some room for expansion probably.

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:19 am
by Destroyer
Like the mod. However it could use a bit more event outcomes and usage of certain augments.

For example, the Zoltan Shield augment should have a 75% chance of preventing boarding (and the 25% would involve the enemy using a Zoltan Shield Bypass) (Barring any physical attempts at boarding).

Also, there should be more events where it could lead to an instant Game Over, like if an enemy ship (Most likely Rebels, pirates unable to board your ship, Rock ramships) charges it's FTL, it would FTL ram through your ship and cause an instant Game Over (Last Jedi anyone?)