FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Jonmasta

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.298b/Inf 1.28/EL 1.298

Postby Jonmasta » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:18 pm

So I crashed 2 times on the same beacon, as soon as I pressed the event option. It was in the Contested Deep Space sector, from CE Infinite, at the "confined space" event.
Picture of crash: http://i.imgur.com/Z7HkDQm.png
Picture of my equipment: http://i.imgur.com/7Zpmj8n.png
Picture of the sector: http://i.imgur.com/8tNuegI.png

Mod List:
Expanded Enemy Window 1.2.ftl
Better Planets and Backgrounds_v1.3.1.ftl
CE Resource Pack 1.298.ftl
FTL Captains Edition 1.298b.ftl
CE BPaB Compatibility Patch 1.0.ftl
CE Infinite Addon 1.28.ftl
EL Texture Pack 1.27.ftl
CE Endless Loot Addon for CE Infinite 1.298.ftl
CE Non-EL Enemy Loadouts Addon 1.26.ftl

Here's the Continue file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/215 ... 20file.sav . The beacon that crashes is right above the current position.
Brigand231

Postby Brigand231 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:53 pm

Is there an alternate download location? The MediaFire links provided, except for the Slipstream Mod Manager, all come back "403 Forbidden" once I click download from MediaFire.

Edit: Ok, the music addon download works.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:46 am

while trying to figure out what the BPaB compatibility patch does, I noticed the imageList PLANET_POPULATED consists of two images containing absolutely nothing. what is the point of this and why does it even exist?

the new imageList PLANET_POPULATED_REAL contains images that actually consist of something, which is exactly the point of the compatiblity patch, but why it is even needed in the first place confounds me:

what was the point of creating a new imageList in place of the old one, identical, but named differently?

as an ending note, if there is a good reason, there are a couple of lines I noticed in the CE code that don't account for this anyways:

Code: Select all

(textList "CE_SOCIAL_HUMAN_HOME_TEXT" in events.xml.append)
<text planet="PLANET_POPULATED">You locate your crew members home-planet, a busy trade world with loose ties to the Federation. Your crewmen should be able to lay low around here, but it is still unclear what will happen to this planet and its people when the Rebels take over the sector.</text>
(textList "FINISH_BEACON_TEXT" in events.xml.append)
<text back="BACKGROUND" planet="PLANET_POPULATED">You arrive near the main planet of the sector. A major jump relay located here allows space ships to perform extreme long-range jumps. The place is quite busy. Several vessels wait in line and prepare to travel closer to the Federation coreworld, undoubtedly fleeing from the slowly approaching Rebel fleet.</text>
<text back="BACKGROUND" planet="PLANET_POPULATED">This well defended planet is orbited by a long-range relay. The only way out of this sector.</text>
<text back="BACKGROUND" planet="PLANET_POPULATED">The local planetary economy is wealthy enough to maintain a Long-Range Relay. Permission to jump is still granted for remenants of the Federation.</text>
(textList "BS_EVENT_LANIUS_TEXT" in dlcEvents_anaerobic.xml.append)
<text planet="PLANET_POPULATED">The Lanius have converted materials salvaged from this planet into a fully functional battle station. They open fire before you have a chance to hail.</text>
(textList "STORE_LANIUS" in dlcEvents_anaerobic.xml.append)
<text planet="PLANET_POPULATED">The Lanius have picked this entire planet clean. Now their trade vessels sell whatever the metal beings cannot absorb. You wonder what happened to the planets population.</text>
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:29 pm

Brigand231 wrote:Is there an alternate download location? The MediaFire links provided, except for the Slipstream Mod Manager, all come back "403 Forbidden" once I click download from MediaFire.
Does anyone else have this problem? Cause the download works for me,,, Maybe try a different browser?

mr_easy_money wrote:while trying to figure out what the BPaB compatibility patch does, I noticed the imageList PLANET_POPULATED consists of two images containing absolutely nothing. what is the point of this and why does it even exist?
This one is hard coded as the default list used in certain circumstances, some of which in I needed to enforce no planets being present. The list can't just be empty, otherwise I wouldn't work. I think that was related to the hyperspace background, but I don't remember correct. I use the _REAL list for the usually circumstances where planets can be present.

mr_easy_money wrote:as an ending note, if there is a good reason, there are a couple of lines I noticed in the CE code that don't account for this any ways:
Yeah that is a bug then, should use the _REAL list instead. Will get fixed.
Brigand231

Postby Brigand231 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:31 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:
Brigand231 wrote:Is there an alternate download location? The MediaFire links provided, except for the Slipstream Mod Manager, all come back "403 Forbidden" once I click download from MediaFire.
Does anyone else have this problem? Cause the download works for me,,, Maybe try a different browser?

I tried it with Chrome and Firefox, on three different PCs, flushed cache, flushed DNS, tried wired and wireless connections.... Turns out my ISP is blocking quite a few MediaFire links due to people getting malware, infections, and hijacking from their pop up ads. This is what I was told, at least. Went to the public library and used their WiFi. F-Secure antivirus still tried to convince me to not go to those pages.

Edit: I didn't explicitly say that I did get the files, so I'm adding that now.
Last edited by Brigand231 on Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mr_easy_money

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.298/Inf 1.28/EL 1.298

Postby mr_easy_money » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:04 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:CE Resource Pack 1.298
- Fixed some typos in fixed texts

there are some other typos in the following fixed texts

space anomaly images. the first sentence is fine, but the next sentences should read: "All ships present have their weapon and drone systems jammed. Sensors do not function.":

ion barrier images. the second sentence should read: "All ships present lose one shield bubble.":

nano-bot cloud images. the second sentence should have the word "system" in the plural form, "systems":

ftlfrc

Postby ftlfrc » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:16 am

Hello.

I'm really liking the Captain's Edition Mod.

I'd like to help with grammar and spelling if possible; the existing errors create discontinuity for me (it's a personal problem, not judging anyone).

If you can provide me with a text file I'd be happy to proofread. Alternatively I could alert you to the errors as I find them. Whatever is easiest for you.

Please let me know. Thanks for the great work.

Best,
FRC
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:28 am

ftlfrc wrote:I'd like to help with grammar and spelling if possible; the existing errors create discontinuity for me (it's a personal problem, not judging anyone).

If you can provide me with a text file I'd be happy to proofread.

as Sleeper Service says in the main post:
Sleeper Service wrote:You can also support CE by participating in our collective effort to spellcheck the mod texts. That is done through a public git repository.
ftlfrc

Postby ftlfrc » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:07 pm

mr_easy_money wrote:
ftlfrc wrote:I'd like to help with grammar and spelling if possible; the existing errors create discontinuity for me (it's a personal problem, not judging anyone).

If you can provide me with a text file I'd be happy to proofread.

as Sleeper Service says in the main post:
Sleeper Service wrote:You can also support CE by participating in our collective effort to spellcheck the mod texts. That is done through a public git repository.

Thank you. I will be sure to help when possible. I didn't realize the primary contributor was an ESL...that makes it actually quite impressive!
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:27 am

there's something up with the tetragon/engi c when using endless loot with ce infinite:

looking into the code, "BA_LASER_BURST_1_2_MALFUNCTIONING" is mentioned which doesn't exist and doesn't exist because that would be a malfunctioning basic laser (malfunctioning: projectiles -1). what it should be instead is the Malfunctioning Burst Scatter Laser Mark I instead, "BA_LASER_BURST_SCATTER_1_MALFUNCTIONING" :

Code: Select all

<shipBlueprint name="PLAYER_SHIP_CIRCLE_3" layout="circle_cruiser_3" img="circle_cruiser_3">
   <class>Engi Cruiser</class>
   <name>Tetragon</name>
   <unlock>Get to Sector 8 with the Engi Cruiser Type B and Advanced Mode enabled to unlock this ship.</unlock>
   <desc>The Engi were quick to adapt to the sudden surge of hacking technology - this ship is the result of their research.</desc>
   <systemList>
   </systemList>
   <weaponSlots>3</weaponSlots>
   <droneSlots>3</droneSlots>
   <weaponList count="2" missiles="0">
      <weapon name="BA_LASER_BURST_1_2_REPEATER" />
      <weapon name="BA_LASER_BURST_1_2_MALFUNCTIONING" />
   </weaponList>
   <droneList count="1" drones="25">
      <drone name="DE_DRONE_STEALTH_BEAM_1_BOOSTED" />
   </droneList>
</shipBlueprint>