FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.281b/Inf 1.28/EL 1.28

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:45 am

It was for a while, but I think I removed it again because of some bug.
digital wisp

Postby digital wisp » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:23 pm

Hi! Played CE a lot and had the following problems:
-Length of an adaptive beam III is 35 or something (should be 1), which turns it into a real DOOMSDAY WEAPON! Better than a glaive beam.
-Once encountered an enemy with an ion bomb which had so little cooldown time it spent all its ammunition in like 10 seconds and ionised my entire ship. Yeah, I died. Maybe you fixed it since.
-In one of the engi civilian vessels medbay is separated from the ship.
-Why is breach bomb 1 unobtainable?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:46 pm

digital wisp wrote:-Length of an adaptive beam III is 35 or something (should be 1), which turns it into a real DOOMSDAY WEAPON! Better than a glaive beam. -In one of the engi civilian vessels medbay is separated from the ship.
-Why is breach bomb 1 unobtainable?
All of that is intentional. Engi repair ships only have rudimentary, seperated medbays, They heal their crew with engi medbots dispersal. Breach bomb I isn't obtainable in vanilla either.

digital wisp wrote:Once encountered an enemy with an ion bomb which had so little cooldown time it spent all its ammunition in like 10 seconds and ionised my entire ship. Yeah, I died. Maybe you fixed it since.
Are you playing with EL? Do you happen to have screenshots of that situation?
digital wisp

Postby digital wisp » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:11 pm

Okay, thanks for responding.
Sadly, no, I don't have a screenshot; also, I didn't use EL.
Grani

Postby Grani » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:26 pm

Hi, I've got some questions I couldn't find answers for.

1) is it possible to unlock all ships, including crystal cruisers, in CE Infinite? I assume you can unlock most of them, but I'm uncertain about the crystal one since there's no crystal sector anymore. If it can be unlocked, how exactly is that possible?

2) Can you get crystal crewmen and crystal weapons in CE Infinite (I also use EL if that's of importance)? Once again, I have my doubts due to the lack of a crystal sector.

3) If there's no reliable way to get crystal weapons and crew in CE Infinite, would CE be compatible with the Crystal Cataclysm mod (viewtopic.php?t=24317) to make this stuff obtainable? It introduces some new crystal weapons, so I think it might cause conflicts, but am not sure.

4) If it's not compatible and I would like to make my own mod to make crystal crew and weapons appear in stores in contested deep space, I assume I'd need to modify the CRYSTAL_HOME sector, as this is the one replaced by deep space, right?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:22 pm

Grani wrote:1) is it possible to unlock all ships, including crystal cruisers, in CE Infinite? I assume you can unlock most of them, but I'm uncertain about the crystal one since there's no crystal sector anymore. If it can be unlocked, how exactly is that possible?
Its possible, although pretty unlikely to happen. There is indeed no crystal sector in the conventional sense. But at sector 5 or later there is a chance that an "Ancient Sectors" spawns. Ancient Sectors are as likely as Rock Homelwords to appear. If you happen to have a crystal Crewmen when arriving there, you can enter the sector and it essentially behaves like the original crystal sector. If you don't have a crystal crewmen you are sent back to deep space. Since you usually won't be able to choose the sector type you go to in infinite, it is overall pretty unlikely to get to that sector in the first place.

Grani wrote:2) Can you get crystal crewmen and crystal weapons in CE Infinite (I also use EL if that's of importance)? Once again, I have my doubts due to the lack of a crystal sector.
Yes. Crystal crew can be hired in ancient sectors and can also be gained through the original crystal quest as well as a rare nebula event. Crystal weapons can be found in the ancient sector and can be gained by crew conversation with crystal crew.

Grani wrote:3) If there's no reliable way to get crystal weapons and crew in CE Infinite, would CE be compatible with the Crystal Cataclysm mod (viewtopic.php?t=24317) to make this stuff obtainable? It introduces some new crystal weapons, so I think it might cause conflicts, but am not sure.
I'm not sure on that one, since I'm not the author of that mod. Best ask around in the crystal cataclysm thread.

Grani wrote:4) If it's not compatible and I would like to make my own mod to make crystal crew and weapons appear in stores in contested deep space, I assume I'd need to modify the CRYSTAL_HOME sector, as this is the one replaced by deep space, right?
Yep, that is correct.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:29 pm

Grani wrote:3) If there's no reliable way to get crystal weapons and crew in CE Infinite, would CE be compatible with the Crystal Cataclysm mod (viewtopic.php?t=24317) to make this stuff obtainable? It introduces some new crystal weapons, so I think it might cause conflicts, but am not sure.

Crystal Cataclysm should work fine. It doesn't do anything to the Crystal sector, so CE Infinite should be fine. CE Infinite also doesn't do anything that would prevent Crystal Cataclysm from adding Crystals and their weapons to the infinite sector.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
alexbali2

Costs for everything besides Crew horribly unbalanced...

Postby alexbali2 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:02 pm

Everything besides buying crew and weapons (Sometimes) is over priced... For a next level weapon is like 100+ Usually 200(+)
Wtf is up with that? You dont get anything for possible upgrade besides Reactor power crew or buying weapons, like wtf
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:26 pm

Price changes only happen when installing CE Infinite, where you have literally for ever to gain scrap. CE Infinite with normal prices would pose no challenge whatsoever, the "CE Infinite" section in the first post further explain this. But if you'd like to play an infinite mod with lower upgrade cost try the FTL extended mod.
rstd2

Postby rstd2 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:41 am

So this has been answered most likely several times and I am just an idiot, but even though I have the Native resolution selected (1440x900) it seems to load in 640x480. Please help!