FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
User avatar
Biohazard063
Posts: 403
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:38 pm
Location: Out of bounds
Contact:

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.278c/Inf 1.267/EL 1.275

Postby Biohazard063 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:39 am

Found some missing code :
Image
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
User avatar
R4V3-0N
Posts: 1289
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:44 am
Location: Last Federation Fleet
Contact:

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.278c/Inf 1.267/EL 1.275

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:02 am

Some mild ideas for CE while binge-playing it...

1) Maybe have things like beams made for industrial purposes maybe a darker shade of red/ brown/ burgundy? Was just thinking since there isn't much different coloured beams and the first thing I thought about (besides anti bio beams and ion beams that'll never happen in a balanced way) was industrial beams since they are not originally made for combat...

2) Crystal Stasis pod: is it possible that the onboard science lab augment could have blue event for it? or one for crystal crew/ lanius crew? Or to use some samples that you have gathered (most likely previous time you used the lab) and further research into it... for eg the Xeno Plankton being further researched gives you an Augment that's O2/ life support related rather that be one of the augments that actually does something with it or just better trade good. or what ever...
There has been a few events I bumped into where I thought the science lab could have been a useful blue event. Maybe I am asking for a bit to much, but when I finally got the engi C and tried to do SCIENCE! I was a bit disappointed by some degree of the outcome... it was very useful getting 2 crystal stasis pods though, however sadly I never found the zoltan scientists again and it was just waste space for me otherwise.

3) this isn't a suggestion, it's a question- What's the backstory of the introduction of the Corporation (Federation white, Light blue stripes and WJ 'symbol') in CE? I know you like vanilla colours but this guy isn't quite so. What does WJ mean? Any insight on colours or was it just random? etc.

4) question, for going into the rebel controlled/ federation controlled sectors there is a federation cruiser blue choice at start that leads to a chain of events that results in you fighting what ever class you want (I often go and succeed at cruiser) and then meet up with them somewhere else, for me in multiple times in the event it only resulted in the Federation sub-fleet being destroyed here and a Rebel cruiser comes in to engage.

I was wondering if this was the only ending/ result and if so- any reasons why?... or is it just a bad ending because I took there cruiser out first and they got to cocky and over expanded... if so I feel a bit bad that being to good resulted in the destruction of many lives when I am attempting to save


Edit: 1 event where there is a rock station that is to close to it's "mother sun" and is getting closer to it, they wanted to take your ship as a 'life boat', however after awhile they try to surrender. I would like it if possibly an option with the surrender that you offer to take them away from there sun and help them out.
Last edited by R4V3-0N on Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
User avatar
RAD-82
Posts: 781
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:16 am
Location: Not where a person needs to be...

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.278c/Inf 1.267/EL 1.275

Postby RAD-82 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:13 pm

Biohazard063 wrote:Found some missing code :
Could not find: ce_tip_bombs_cluster

It shows up on mine, version 1.277b. I doubt the file changed in 1.278c. Are you sure that you are using SMM 1.6? I sort of pestered Sleeper Service about this misc.xml file in order to get the missing spaces back into the game. This change required SMM to be version 1.6 in order to use the .rawappend file format, which is where your missing code should be.
Image

I saw these missing in a video by 5thHorseman, so I just told him his SMM wasn't up to date. He seemed to think that he just downloaded 1.6, but forgot to install it.
Last edited by RAD-82 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
User avatar
Biohazard063
Posts: 403
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:38 pm
Location: Out of bounds
Contact:

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.278c/Inf 1.267/EL 1.275

Postby Biohazard063 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:18 pm

RAD-82 wrote:It shows up on mine, version 1.277b. I doubt the file changed in 1.278c. Are you sure that you are using SMM 1.6?

I saw these missing in a video by 5thHorseman, so I just told him his SMM wasn't up to date. He seemed to think that he just downloaded 1.6, but forgot to install it.

Yes, I am using 1.6.
And it turns out the code isn't missing either. Found it in the misc.xml...
Weird.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
User avatar
slowriderxcorps
Posts: 454
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:42 am

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.278c/Inf 1.267/EL 1.275

Postby slowriderxcorps » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:29 pm

The tips in general behave very strangely. I quite frequently see tips simply refuse to appear at all or, in once case, a streamer saw a tip for a completely different weapon altogether.
ImageImage
DoctahFrank
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:42 am

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.278c/Inf 1.267/EL 1.275

Postby DoctahFrank » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:14 am

I seem to be having a problem with load order / other mods.
I'm trying to play with Captain's Edition, CE Infinite, and the sMPK.
However, whenever I'm supposed to be going into deep space, I continually get Crystal sectors.
My load order should match the recommended one exactly:

Code: Select all

Alpha - The sM Polish Kit for Advanced Edition.ftl
GFX - Remastered HUD.ftl
Better Planets and Backgrounds_v1.3.1.ftl
better_asteroids.ftl
CE Resource Pack 1.27.ftl
FTL Captains Edition 1.278c.ftl
CE BPaB Compatibility Patch 1.0.ftl
CE Additional Music Addon 1.266.ftl
CE Infinite Addon 1.267.ftl
CE Additional Music Infinite Compatibility Patch 1.0.ftl
EL Texture Pack 1.27.ftl
CE Endless Loot Addon for CE Infinite 1.275.ftl
randomFlagship.ftl
Patch - The sMPK for Captains Edition.ftl
Ship - Captains Edition Player Ships.ftl
Is there anything else that could be causing the problem? I'm using the most up-to-date versions of all of the mods, including sMPK.
User avatar
slowriderxcorps
Posts: 454
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:42 am

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.278c/Inf 1.267/EL 1.275

Postby slowriderxcorps » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:46 am

You're not running the CE Infinite patch. On the other hand though, I have yet to go back and check to see if that's still working for a while now. It should do, but it's just something that needs to be pointed out while I remember.
ImageImage
User avatar
Sleeper Service
Posts: 2305
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.278c/Inf 1.267/EL 1.275

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:14 am

DoctahFrank wrote:However, whenever I'm supposed to be going into deep space, I continually get Crystal sectors.
That means that some mod you load after infinite overwrites the crystal sector with its original.

R4V3-0N wrote:Maybe have things like beams made for industrial purposes maybe a darker shade of red/ brown/ burgundy? Was just thinking since there isn't much different coloured beams and the first thing I thought about (besides anti bio beams and ion beams that'll never happen in a balanced way) was industrial beams since they are not originally made for combat...
Could be done I guess, although I currently use different colours only for beam that work fundamentally different. The industrial beam after all are still damage dealers.

R4V3-0N wrote:2) Crystal Stasis pod: is it possible that the onboard science lab augment could have blue event for it? or one for crystal crew/ lanius crew? Or to use some samples that you have gathered (most likely previous time you used the lab) and further research into it... for eg the Xeno Plankton being further researched gives you an Augment that's O2/ life support related rather that be one of the augments that actually does something with it or just better trade good. or what ever...
There has been a few events I bumped into where I thought the science lab could have been a useful blue event. Maybe I am asking for a bit to much, but when I finally got the engi C and tried to do SCIENCE! I was a bit disappointed by some degree of the outcome... it was very useful getting 2 crystal stasis pods though, however sadly I never found the zoltan scientists again and it was just waste space for me otherwise.
Creating an additional way to open the pod through the science lab might be something to look into. I agree that it could use some more blue options. Which events are you referring to exactly, apart from the stasis pod event?

R4V3-0N wrote:3) this isn't a suggestion, it's a question- What's the backstory of the introduction of the Corporation (Federation white, Light blue stripes and WJ 'symbol') in CE? I know you like vanilla colours but this guy isn't quite so. What does WJ mean? Any insight on colours or was it just random? etc.
There is one quest exploring that factions lore a bit. Also industrial sectors have some events featuring the faction, those can give you some more exposition on WJ.

R4V3-0N wrote:4) question, for going into the rebel controlled/ federation controlled sectors there is a federation cruiser blue choice at start that leads to a chain of events that results in you fighting what ever class you want (I often go and succeed at cruiser) and then meet up with them somewhere else, for me in multiple times in the event it only resulted in the Federation sub-fleet being destroyed here and a Rebel cruiser comes in to engage.

I was wondering if this was the only ending/ result and if so- any reasons why?... or is it just a bad ending because I took there cruiser out first and they got to cocky and over expanded... if so I feel a bit bad that being to good resulted in the destruction of many lives when I am attempting to save
From a game play perspective this is the success outcome, always resulting in a weapon reward and an additional fight (=scrap). So you did nothing wrong. ;) From a lore perspective I did not want to give the impression that the Federation can by any chance win the fight in this sectors. I can see that this is a bummer, but those lives are always lost. But I guess there could be another outcome where you simply meet up with the squadron and they give you stuff, but explain that the sector is lost regardless. By the way: there are several ways to mess this quest up beforehand. You might not be given the choice who to fight in the first event and fighting anything but the lead cruiser creates a risk of the initial battle being lost.

R4V3-0N wrote:Edit: 1 event where there is a rock station that is to close to it's "mother sun" and is getting closer to it, they wanted to take your ship as a 'life boat', however after awhile they try to surrender. I would like it if possibly an option with the surrender that you offer to take them away from there sun and help them out.
Sounds legit. This might be one of these cases where other event texts for the same event point a different picture though. I think some the texts imply that the Rock came there to die some kind of ceremonial death. I'll look into it.
User avatar
RAD-82
Posts: 781
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:16 am
Location: Not where a person needs to be...

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.278c/Inf 1.267/EL 1.275

Postby RAD-82 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:38 pm

Biohazard063 wrote:
RAD-82 wrote:It shows up on mine, version 1.277b. I doubt the file changed in 1.278c.

And it turns out the code isn't missing either. Found it in the misc.xml...
Weird.

I just tried 1.278c. You were right the first time. The code is missing. I don't know how that happened, since it was in an older version.
Image
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
DoctahFrank
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:42 am

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.278c/Inf 1.267/EL 1.275

Postby DoctahFrank » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:14 pm

slowriderxcorps wrote:You're not running the CE Infinite patch. On the other hand though, I have yet to go back and check to see if that's still working for a while now. It should do, but it's just something that needs to be pointed out while I remember.


Alright, I wasn't sure that was up-to-date because it was in the Discontinued folder inside the sMPK .zip. I'll go ahead and test it out with it and see if it still works.

EDIT: Awesome, the patch is still functional. Now to try the game with the Augmented Weapons and Enhanced Systems modules and see if they break anything :P

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests