FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Irateshadow

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.277b/Inf 1.267/EL 1.275

Postby Irateshadow » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:07 pm

stylesrj wrote:
Irateshadow wrote:I am having issues with the Lanius Cruiser and this mod.It won't let me do most of the empty beacon options and even with the Requestion License I lost crew members when I pirated. is this a known thing or what?

First question: What mods are you running? Anything with custom events? If so, that's probably causing issues with empty beacons.

Secondly, when you pirated ships, did you remember to use the blue options when available?
Also, it's best you read what the license actually allows you to do.

I'm assuming you boarded an enemy ship and killed the crew. You're not a pirate or a bandit, you're just a highwayman. You hit the mark until they give up the goods. You don't stab them in a dark alley and take everything off their corpse.

The Requisition License is the weakest piracy choice in CE. You might get a few free things but overall, it kinda sucks, especially if you're flying a boarding ship.
I once flew a Crystal B with the License. Then I realised that it was a terrible idea and got rid of it ASAP after I boarded a cargo ship and killed everyone. Luckily no one left but yeah... not a good idea.

Just the resource pack and the mod. I even reinstalled the vanilla and tried again. tested a few other ships and it only happened with the Lanius.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:56 pm

Zellator wrote:I'd love to see one you veterans play this.

Well I've done a few games with CE using other mods. And I've done a run (I think) without any mods but CE [/tootinghorn]

Irateshadow wrote:Just the resource pack and the mod. I even reinstalled the vanilla and tried again. tested a few other ships and it only happened with the Lanius.

So are you shooting at the enemy ship until they give up the goods? Or are you boarding them and killing the crew?
Because you answered the first part, but not the second. What are you doing to those poor civilians you dirty scoundrel? :lol:
Zyrixion

Postby Zyrixion » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:19 pm

Small bug report here, not sure where it goes so I'll put it here:

Doors don't reset properly after being hacked, they stay purple (but are still open to you) but are not treated as upgraded doors. Similarly, after loading all doors were counted as base level doors. This was with the Kruos, using only CE + CEI + EL. In both cases they eventually reset to being what they should, but it's still a bug. x3
Irateshadow

Postby Irateshadow » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:33 am

stylesrj wrote:
Irateshadow wrote:Just the resource pack and the mod. I even reinstalled the vanilla and tried again. tested a few other ships and it only happened with the Lanius.

So are you shooting at the enemy ship until they give up the goods? Or are you boarding them and killing the crew?
Because you answered the first part, but not the second. What are you doing to those poor civilians you dirty scoundrel? :lol:

I can't recall. I might have boarded.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:57 am

Irateshadow wrote:I can't recall. I might have boarded.

So that's why your crew left. Your license doesn't let you slaughter innocents. Just to rough them up enough until they cough up the dough.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:15 pm

Zellator wrote:What has happened to this mod?

I mean, I used to play the 1.205b version and I tried this new one.
Now it is horribly unbalanced and annoying, even on Easy.

I used to beat the vanilla FTL without much problem, but this mod makes it impossible to pass the 2nd zone.

Hi Zellator. As stylesrj pointed out, the mod is meant to be tough. However if you have see specific problems I'm happy to hear them. The mod is pretty complex though, some stuff might not be obvious at first, just like vanilla FTL the mod won't take you on the hand much. And it defiantly isn't impossible to beat the first zone. There are plenty of people that can beat the mod consistently on medium difficulty, Twinge even beat it on Hard on his first try. But yeah, you are not in vanilla anymore. You success will partially depend on your ability to adopt to new challenges.

Zellator wrote:Thanks for the reply! :)
I'd love to see one you veterans play this.

Bio has a long list of CE lets plays:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d5-qT3ycPg
Joyfulrogue currently tries to beat the mod four times as some kind of challenge (?):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01KyIl7o_WU
And Silveus is doing mostly infinite runs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mb_5EmRBpc

As for the requisition license, yeah, it's kind of the weakest piracy option. It has the small advantage that it can give you stuff without a fight occasionally, but that won't really redeem it.
Irateshadow

Postby Irateshadow » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:10 am

So when at an empty beacon it gives you the option to socialize or build something. Do I have to have certain crew members to have an options or should every ship have some thing they can build?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:23 am

Irateshadow wrote:So when at an empty beacon it gives you the option to socialize or build something. Do I have to have certain crew members to have an options or should every ship have some thing they can build?

Anyone on the crew have options. It's not just limited to the useful aliens. Even the filthy, slimy, dirty, useless, uninteresting, weak, stupid, Humans have options (and results may include revealing the whole sector or a quest to possibly acquire another filthy, slimy, dirty, useless, uninteresting, weak, stupid, human for your crew.)

If you want to build something, that depends on what augments your ship has. Or if you have the Federation Cruiser Artillery.

It also means that if you have Mantis Pheromones or Slug Repair Gel, you should keep it around despite how good it would be to sell them like everyone normally does in Vanilla FTL. Although Crystal Vengeance is still useless and only (annoyingly) serves the enemy if you're unlucky enough to encounter Crystals or Rock Ships with Crystal envoys.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:26 pm

dpqkhanh wrote:Hello, I have a few questions I need to ask you.
Doesn't the infinite run have enviromentally hazardous section?
And I remember some time ago, the infinite addon still allowed me to choose the next sector (1,2,3,4...) whever I reached the exit, but now it only has (?) sector, no sector selection. Has the new version demolished it? :?:

I don't think it ever had sector selection. It could never be done in the game due to how the hardcoding works.

Also, all hazards can potentially show up in a deep space sector. Including those from a Hazard Sector.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:11 pm

dpqkhanh wrote:Hello, I have a few questions I need to ask you.
Doesn't the infinite run have enviromentally hazardous section?
And I remember some time ago, the infinite addon still allowed me to choose the next sector (1,2,3,4...) whever I reached the exit, but now it only has (?) sector, no sector selection. Has the new version demolished it? :?:

The game will allow you to select sector type if you go through two regular sectors consecutively (by choosing the 10 fuel option). Apart from that Infinite won't allow you to choose sector type, but all the sector types CE adds are still there and can be encountered when advancing towards the Fed base.