FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
slowriderxcorps

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.24b/Inf 1.24a/EL 1.24

Postby slowriderxcorps » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:41 am

Just one thing to throw into the Random Flagship discussion while it's in my mind: gibs. Because artillery weapons don't render when a ship is destroyed (at least if memory serves right), the gibs on the flagship will always be that of the default weapons in base FTL unless an element is added to the randomiser to add the appropriate gibs.
ImageImage
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:49 am

Sleeper Service wrote:We are currently considering how weapon distribution for the flagship will work in detail. There will be safeguards preventing the program from generating harmless (all beams) or overwhelming (all lasers) flagships. My idea right now is to divide the weapon pools into subtypes according to type and give the program limited draws for each sub-pool. So it will only ever be possible for the flagship to get two weapons of any category simultaneously, probably only one beam at the time. But I'm all up for dual missile flagships. IMO the flagship gets actually weaker if its load out is less varied. If you know that it will have a breach missile and a dual hull missile then you just need a defense drone to counter half its conventional offense for example.
My assumption is that anyone who wants a randomized flagship is looking for a harsher game anyway, so right now difficulty setting won't influence the randomization. The guns all have similar dps and cooldowns as the vanilla guns and the layouts differ between more and less connections all aboard the ship. The addition of augs will make the ship overall harder of course.

Good answers, thank you. ;)

A more varied flagship is definitely much more challenging. :) That is one good thing about the vanilla flagship, at least they gave it 4 different OP weapons so that you would have to do some serious micromanaging. Also, you couldn't ignore one aspect of your ship, you needed a very balanced ship.

And I agree, anyone wanting a randomized flagship, like myself, is looking for a challenge so having all of the weapons with cooldowns close to normal or hard is fine with me. :twisted:
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:20 pm

slowriderxcorps wrote:Just one thing to throw into the Random Flagship discussion while it's in my mind: gibs. Because artillery weapons don't render when a ship is destroyed (at least if memory serves right), the gibs on the flagship will always be that of the default weapons in base FTL unless an element is added to the randomiser to add the appropriate gibs.

Yeah we'll probably just remove the guns from the gibs. The guns disappear upon death seems till more viable than having them being replaced by the vanilla gib guns I guess.
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:47 pm

Back with another thing that's probably wrong...
Pics are pretty self explaining but just in case.
I could pick an option to spend 3 missiles that I didn't have.
Ended up spending no missiles but still succeeding the event.
Left the beacon with more missiles that I had coming in.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
Estel

Postby Estel » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:54 pm

Actually, ship with only lasers (only scatter lasers, or only heavy lasers or crew-piercing ones) would be easier than varied one. Even if scatter would shot barrage of 6 per art, it is 6*4=24 bullets per salvo. Just de-sync his weapons, and 4/6 of it's firepower is absorbed by your shields alone...

/Estel
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.242/Inf 1.24a/EL 1.242

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:53 am

CE Update 1.242
- One augment added
- Auto Factory Ship wrongly assigned cloak system removed
- Requisition License works correctly for all out-of-fuel encounters now
- Drone Manufacturer store price corrected
- Some blue options that require resources can no longer give said resources as reward (can appear odd if the reward negates the requirement by giving the resources needed)
- Pirate Cruiser gibs fixed

CE Infinite 1.242
- Changes of CE 1.242 integrated

CE Endless Loot 1.242 for CE and CE Endless Loot 1.242 for CE Infinite
- Changes of CE 1.242 imported
Last edited by Sleeper Service on Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:08 am

Sleeper Service wrote:CE Resource Pack 1.242
- Russian Rockmans crew projectiles integrated

Thanks Sleeper, those projectiles are pretty much based on your old ones for CEPM. ;)

I will be updating the Vanilla Portraits add-on to use those projectiles as well so you may want to mention that in the Change Log. Meanwhile I will have to add in LordTrilobite's portraits for Shiny! :lol:

EDIT: Oh, one more thing I forgot to mention is sMPK hollowed out the human "color" sheet so that the AI holograms won't have a weird yellow glow behind them. It also added in different uniforms for the AI holograms, are those things you would consider integrating? I've already included the hollowed out color sheet in Shiny! after fixing a slight glitch with the sMPK version.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:47 am

Russian Rockman wrote:Thanks Sleeper, those projectiles are pretty much based on your old ones for CEPM. ;)

Ah yeah, its just that that changelog was actually wrong, I didn't release that yet. Ooopsy...

Also:
CE Update 1.242 silent update
- Fixed a problem with the Pirate Homeworld quest
Brayzure

Postby Brayzure » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:46 am

Hi there!

So, I just installed CE and started up a game no problem. Went to jump to Sector 3 (which was referred to as Rebel Production Sector E1) and the game promptly crashed. A few details, just in case.

Kestrel A
Starting weapons
Bought Engi crew to replace dead human crew
Had Food Rations augment (whatever purpose those serve. Maybe future blue-option?)
End sector event involved a blue-option to trade with a trader, but did not give me the subsequent option to do so. It just said it might take some time, and then gave me one option: to move on.

Crashlog
Version = 1.5.13

Stack Trace:

1 - 0x0048d2c8
2 - 0x004a84f5
3 - 0x004049a5
4 - 0x0065da28
5 - 0x00751b5b
6 - 0x004010fd
7 - 0x77c4a22b RtlInitializeExceptionChain
8 - 0x77c4a201 RtlInitializeExceptionChain

UPDATE: I just booted the game up after the crash, and it told me that "The Cargo ship is trying to escape" and I found myself in the situation of having a ship onscreen, but not engaged in battle. Opening the starmap, I find that the exit beacon moved two jumps away in hostile territory. I (barely) managed to defeat the cruiser, but while repairing my crucial systems got one-shotted by the ASB. In all fairness though, I only had 3 HP left.

UPDATE 2: Attempting to Restart from the score screen resulted in an unresponsive app.

If you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them. Or, even better, direct me to a solution, if one is known. Thanks a bunch!

Brayzure
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.242a/Inf 1.24a/EL 1.242

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:32 pm

CE Update 1.242a
- Some fix attempts concerning possible quests upon jumping to auto controlled sectors
- ASB options for some left out AE events added