FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.212c/Inf 1.212c/EL 1.212b

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri May 16, 2014 4:30 pm

Oh dear, I though the vindicator animation was a less problematic affair. I'll have to look into that. Thanks for your detailed feedback, I will event those edges out.

Russian Rockman wrote:Ok, so first off...
The Artillery "System" Blueprint needs to have it's description changed and also

Yeah, I noticed that and changed it already. ;)

Russian Rockman wrote:Is this 2 damage/30 second weapon really worth it
VS...
This 8 damage/40 second Behemoth? (<-- :idea: New weapon name?)

As you already pointed out, the true damage of the Rock artillery is much lower and pretty unpredictable. The stealth artillery can actually outdamage the Rock one against small ships I'd say. The stealth artillery also takes into account that the stealth ships start out with cloak, meaning the full cloak+full artillery combo is slightly easier to pull of with them. Bombarding the enemy with missiles while sitting out large parts of the fight in your cloak can be pretty effective.

Sidenote: Not all ships will be equal when it come to artillery, just as they are not created equal to begin with. Artillery is an offer you can take or leave and experiencing how it behaves and what synergies it allows. IMO both of these artilleries are valid in their actual functionality. And they have very distinct profiles, which I like.

Russian Rockman wrote:I can't really see the Mantis C's Artillery weapon anywhere on the ship, though I know it should be using a recolored light gatling.

It does. ;) I'll look into that.

Russian Rockman wrote:20 SECONDS of STUN??? At max power the weapon will reload in 20 seconds!

Enabling the player to stunlocking the enemy was kind of the point. Keep in mind that this does still not kill the enemy, just gives you a huge amount of controll. It also kicks in late in the fight. I still have to see how this plays out, but overall this will give you an edge if you are able to dominate your oponent already, but will help you less if your oponent is even or strong. I'll consider giving enemies some chance to resist this (aka inaccuracy.)
Mr. Mister

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.212c/Inf 1.212c/EL 1.212b

Postby Mr. Mister » Fri May 16, 2014 4:43 pm

I actually wouldn't mind giving the Federation Artillery a light Buff. Any ideas?

Not really. I thought of changing it to 2-damage 2-pierce, or make it shorter and into a 2-damage 3-pierce, to encourage timed assistance with your weapons system, but they have their own drawbacks and won't allow for certain very pure tanking builds, and 2-damage 4-pierce might be a little too much.

Of course, each Fed layout could have a slightly different Vindicator too. Classic Vindicator, the shorter 2-damage 3-pierce Reinvindicator, and (if you haven't implemented it on another ship, as I'm about to check them out right now), a mega-focus Contravindicator.

Also, will you (if you haven't already) include the artillery system in the list of systems the enemy can internal-effectorize at the beggining of battle? Not sure what the in-universe explanation would be though.
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.213/Inf 1.213/EL 1.213

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri May 16, 2014 7:23 pm

Thanks again for the fedback Russian. I hope I things work more smooth now.

Russian Rockman wrote:The Engi A and C's artillery looks really cool, I just don't like when it is half way charged because the half way image doesn't seem natural.

Yeah, that was kind of the test setting. Not intended.

Russian Rockman wrote:One thing I might :idea: suggest though is to decrease the size of the crew portraits by 1 line of pixels from the bottom. The reason for this is just so that the portrait doesn't barely overlap the crew person's name when customizing them. (1 pixel equates to 3-4 pixels in that screen). And I also still think the female human's portrait is a bit too small. These are just really tiny nit-picks though and I know all you did was port it over from someone else to CE.

That would cut them off in the regular display as well and look odd I think. Also I did not make these as you know. Maybe consider giving feedback in the original mod thread. ;)

Sleeper Service wrote:I hope you like the artillery room images I sent you.

Yeah thanks again for these. That was one less thing I had to take care of. Very helpful. 8-)

Russian Rockman wrote: Would you mind if I use some of your layouts or weapons for Open Artillery in the future?

Of course not, go ahead. :)

CE Update 1.213
- Engi A and C artillery animation fixed
- Mantis C artillery gun animation fixed
- Fed B weapon mount fixed
- Vindicator Beam animation fixed
- Fed C/Lanius A/Lanius B artillery animation fixed
- Stealth artillery damage increased
- Titel screen name spelling corrected (sorry everyone)
- Ingame character name spelling corrected (sorry again)
- A few people from the forum to the name list added (let me know if you think you should be included)
- Some artillery descriptions changed

CE Infinite 1.213
- Changes of CE 1.213 imported

CE Endless Loot 1.213 for CE and CE Endless Loot 1.213 for CE Infinite
- Changes of CE 1.213 imported

@ Russian Rockman:
As you can see I have come to agree that the Valentine can do with a boost. ;)

Russian Rockman wrote:Also, good job on the graduated artillery charge bar. The only difference between yours and the Open Artillery one is yours has 2 divisions and ours has 4. I think you should separate the Artillery Bar 3 times though so you have 4 even boxes. I think people will be better able to understand that each "box" represents 10 seconds then. ;) And it looks symmetrical. :geek:

There is no artillery in CE that would charge within one single "box", so I find that unnecessary. How much time one box represents depends entirely on how much power you have put into the system. My idea here is that players realize at which mark their individual artillery charges (half, 3/4, or full), a value that remains the same for each power level. The player can still deduce the individual cooldown from the tooltip, in case he/she wants to compare that with the rest of the loadout.
thinkpad

Postby thinkpad » Sat May 17, 2014 2:48 am

There seems to be a bug with the Lock 2 on the Crystal A, the lockdown animation covers the system icon and remains as the ship is destroyed if the Lock 2 is the one to destroy the ship. CE 1.213 on FTL 1.5.4. Also the game crashed trying to continue a game from 1.212. When it happens again I will upload the continue.sav file for you to test it.
Last edited by thinkpad on Sat May 17, 2014 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
The wise Sten

Postby The wise Sten » Sat May 17, 2014 5:42 am

Hey, it seems as if both ELi and ELs links on the main page both leads to ELi mediafire. I can't download ELs.
CoryStarkiller

Postby CoryStarkiller » Sat May 17, 2014 10:53 am

The wise Sten wrote:Hey, it seems as if both ELi and ELs links on the main page both leads to ELi mediafire. I can't download ELs.

I was just going to post this.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat May 17, 2014 11:06 am

The link is fixed now.

thinkpad wrote:There seems to be a bug with the Lock 2 on the Crystal A, the lockdown animation covers the system icon...

That is the heavy lockdown effect and it's intended like that. I'll update the description of the weapon to telegraph more clearly what it does.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sat May 17, 2014 11:19 am

Sleeper Service wrote:
Russian Rockman wrote:The Engi A and C's artillery looks really cool, I just don't like when it is half way charged because the half way image doesn't seem natural.

Yeah, that was kind of the test setting. Not intended.

Is there anyway you could still show the "energy ball" charging up though? It could be pretty cool. The firing animation is still really fast, I wish I could appreciate a build up. ;)

Sleeper Service wrote:CE Update 1.213
- Mantis C artillery gun animation fixed

The Mantis C's artillery placement is a bit weird though. It doesn't seem as "integrated" into the ship as the others, it just looks like any other weapon, it would be nice if it matched the color scheme of the ship too. It's also on the opposite side of the actual artillery room, breaking the trend of other ships. I think it should just mirror the 3rd weapon mount.

Sleeper Service wrote:- Fed B weapon mount fixed
- Vindicator Beam animation fixed

Very good job on those. They look great.

Sleeper Service wrote:- Fed C/Lanius A/Lanius B artillery animation fixed

The Lanius artillery doesn't seem to have a firing point. I can't see where the scrap is being launched from. I haven't tested if this is the same with the Fed C though. I think the Lanius ships should fire from the middle of the ship where the piloting is located. Or rather, from "beneath" the middle of the ship.

Sleeper Service wrote:- Stealth artillery damage increased

Thanks, I thought it could use just a little buff. What would you think about giving it 3, 1 damage, missiles though? I think it would be cool if it fired 3 in succession rather than just one.

Sleeper Service wrote:- Titel screen name spelling corrected (sorry everyone)

Tanks on fixing the TITEL tpyos. We understand. :lol:

Sleeper Service wrote:There is no artillery in CE that would charge within one single "box", so I find that unnecessary. How much time one box represents depends entirely on how much power you have put into the system. My idea here is that players realize at which mark their individual artillery charges (half, 3/4, or full), a value that remains the same for each power level. The player can still deduce the individual cooldown from the tooltip, in case he/she wants to compare that with the rest of the loadout.

Understood, however... There could be room for a fast firing type of artillery. Like a partially shield piercing focus beam or something...

Speaking of that, GOOD JOB on the Zoltan Artillery Beam. How did you make the beam seem thicker/brighter???? I must know????

The Zoltan Beam is still placed very awkwardly though. On the Zoltan A the Bardiche Beam even overlaps it if it's powered down and other bigger weapons will too.

Mr. Mister wrote:
I actually wouldn't mind giving the Federation Artillery a light Buff. Any ideas?

Not really. I thought of changing it to 2-damage 2-pierce, or make it shorter and into a 2-damage 3-pierce, to encourage timed assistance with your weapons system, but they have their own drawbacks and won't allow for certain very pure tanking builds, and 2-damage 4-pierce might be a little too much.

Of course, each Fed layout could have a slightly different Vindicator too. Classic Vindicator, the shorter 2-damage 3-pierce Reinvindicator, and (if you haven't implemented it on another ship, as I'm about to check them out right now), a mega-focus Contravindicator.

Also, will you (if you haven't already) include the artillery system in the list of systems the enemy can internal-effectorize at the beggining of battle? Not sure what the in-universe explanation would be though.

I think that the Federation A and B should have the same artillery still. Giving the Vindicator a slightly higher fire and/or a breach chance would actually be pretty awesome I think. ;) It would make it seem like a beam that shreds people even more without actually making it much more powerful.

I'm glad that Sleeper is trying to keep the Vindicator as the most powerful artillery beam still.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat May 17, 2014 12:17 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:The Mantis C's artillery placement is a bit weird though. It doesn't seem as "integrated" into the ship as the others, it just looks like any other weapon, it would be nice if it matched the color scheme of the ship too. It's also on the opposite side of the actual artillery room, breaking the trend of other ships. I think it should just mirror the 3rd weapon mount.

Hm, I guess I have to take a closer look at this the... A lot of stuff hate been changed last minuet. Feel free suggest a better mountpoint. To me it looks like all the good ones are already taken. Mirroring it would make sense I guess.

Russian Rockman wrote:The Lanius artillery doesn't seem to have a firing point. I can't see where the scrap is being launched from. I haven't tested if this is the same with the Fed C though. I think the Lanius ships should fire from the middle of the ship where the piloting is located. Or rather, from "beneath" the middle of the ship.

It fires closer to the artillery room this way. *shrug* On Lanius B it should actually fire directly from the artillery room...

Russian Rockman wrote:Understood, however... There could be room for a fast firing type of artillery. Like a partially shield piercing focus beam or something...

Well, if that would be a thing then I'd just add these marks.

Russian Rockman wrote:The Zoltan Beam is still placed very awkwardly though. On the Zoltan A the Bardiche Beam even overlaps it if it's powered down and other bigger weapons will too.

Yeah, I still missed that one.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sat May 17, 2014 12:28 pm

Just noticed that all of these names stayed the same in the names.xml file. I'm not sure if they were intended to be this way or not, but I don't think so.
Russian Rockman wrote:Ok, now on to some possible issues I noticed with people's names in the names.xml file and title screen.<name>Likad</name> <!--Small typo, should be Liakad
<name>Rave</name> <!--Does he prefer being called Rave or Raven? I never know :? I prefer Raven
<name>Killox,</name> <!--I don't think there is meant to be a comma there
<name>Rann</name> <!--Should this be Rannl, or was his name intentionally shortened
<name>Tveevle</name> <!--Small typo, should be Tweevle

Also, none of the newly added names are in the title screen. That may be intentional as well, but everyone else is in the title screen. If you can't fit them all I'll say again, you could always reduce the font size a bit. ;)

And also some suggestions...
DrkTemplar's name could be Dark Templar or Templar instead of Drk. It sounds cooler and is more identifiable.
Biohazard's name could still be Biohazard, I think it fits. That would be a cool crew name too.
Also,
Still no Sleeper Service. :D I really want you on board my ship so I can have you die under my failed command! :twisted:

You should probably also go through the OP again and give the credits a bit of an update. I think there are some things or people that may be left out...
Last edited by Russian Rockman on Sat May 17, 2014 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.