FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
CoryStarkiller

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.21/Inf 1.21/EL 1.0b

Postby CoryStarkiller » Thu May 15, 2014 9:04 am

Russian Rockman wrote:I was thinking maybe you could put the names of everyone who contributed to the Captain's Edition into the actual in game credits somewhere... A lot of mods for other games do things like that. ;)

Here's my personal opinion on that... The title screen will get cluttered if you include everyone's names who ever did anything. It may be debatable what is a "small" or "big" contribution to CE too, so I think everyone can be included on the OP here and in the credits. And that way nobody feels left out.

Better idea would be to have the event crew joiners be named after the people who helped CE instead of the names that are currently used. Like the J-0R4N AI event from collecting all the stuff.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Thu May 15, 2014 9:17 am

CoryStarkiller wrote:
Russian Rockman wrote:I was thinking maybe you could put the names of everyone who contributed to the Captain's Edition into the actual in game credits somewhere... A lot of mods for other games do things like that. ;)

Here's my personal opinion on that... The title screen will get cluttered if you include everyone's names who ever did anything. It may be debatable what is a "small" or "big" contribution to CE too, so I think everyone can be included on the OP here and in the credits. And that way nobody feels left out.

Better idea would be to have the event crew joiners be named after the people who helped CE instead of the names that are currently used. Like the J-0R4N AI event from collecting all the stuff.

That could be a good idea too, though I imagine kickstarter backers who also play CE will still want to keep their name in the list of crew. ;)

You should name some crew after the most active people on the mod forum and those who helped CE!
lysestage

Postby lysestage » Thu May 15, 2014 7:05 pm

Hi
Me and one of my freinds have been having some problems with your mod(CE alone). First of all the mod doesn't seem to be installed unless you luanch the game from the slipstream mod manager, and even then the game seems to predate the advanced edition and there is a couple og missing or or broken textures(the jump map box is stretched out and ships only have rooms).
I was hoping we could get some help, thanks.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu May 15, 2014 7:38 pm

I recommend you make sure that you have the current version installed and read through the troubleshooting section in the first post.
kestreladmiral

Postby kestreladmiral » Thu May 15, 2014 8:38 pm

Just attempted to patch both the Captain Addition Base mod and the CE Infinite Mod. I have FTL version 1.5.4 and upon trying to patch the mods I received this message:

Patching failed: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:/Program Files
(x86) /FTL/resources/data.dat (Access is denied)

any advice on what I can do to fix this issue would be great
kestreladmiral

Postby kestreladmiral » Thu May 15, 2014 8:53 pm

kestreladmiral wrote:Just attempted to patch both the Captain Addition Base mod and the CE Infinite Mod. I have FTL version 1.5.4 and upon trying to patch the mods I received this message:

Patching failed: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:/Program Files
(x86) /FTL/resources/data.dat (Access is denied)

any advice on what I can do to fix this issue would be great

Discovered my issue and I have successfully installed the mods :D
lysestage

Postby lysestage » Thu May 15, 2014 9:15 pm

I downloaded new versions of both game and mod, but the problem persists. However i noticed something this time, when installing the mod with the SMM the cmd window show somethint that might look like an error:

INFO ModPatchThread - Installing mod: FTL Captains Edition 1.21.ftl
WARN ModPatchThread - Non-existent innerPath wasn't appended: data/dlcEvents_anaerobic.xml
WARN ModPatchThread - Non-existent innerPath wasn't appended: data/dlcEvents.xml
WARN ModPatchThread - Non-existent innerPath wasn't appended: data/misc.xml
WARN ModPatchThread - Non-existent innerPath wasn't appended: data/dlcEventsOverwrite.xml
WARN ModPatchThread - Non-existent innerPath wasn't appended: data/dlcBlueprints.xml
WARN ModPatchThread - Non-existent innerPath wasn't appended: data/dlcBlueprintsOverwrite.xml
INFO ModPatchThread - Repacked "data.dat" (35217719 bytes affected)
INFO ModPatchThread - Repacked "resource.dat" (57424184 bytes affected)

I don't know if this might have something to do with it or baybe it means there is something wrong with SMM?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu May 15, 2014 9:36 pm

These are all Advanced Edition related files. Could it be that you do not have AE installed? Thats the free official content update for FTL, in case you have not heard about it. I case you do not have it installed, I recommend you download it from wherever you purchased your FTL. I guess you haven't bought it over steam, cause then it would have updated itself. Anyway, your purchase link will lead you to your AE download. After you installed Advanced Edition, Captains Edition should work as well. Just make sure you follow the instructions in the troubleshooting section about how to update the mod manager. That can cause problems in the transition.
lysestage

Postby lysestage » Thu May 15, 2014 9:49 pm

I am certain i am running advanced edition, first of all the version is 1.5.10, which as far as i know is the newest second when starting af new game there is a box that toggles advanced edition content on or off.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu May 15, 2014 9:54 pm

In this case I don't really know whats wrong. Maybe you can post that error report in the SMM thread, or check there if someone had a similar problem.