FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
The wise Sten

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.073

Postby The wise Sten » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:57 pm

One small question because I am lazy:

Is it possible to change the looks of the crew? The First post has a cool picture of a brawl with purple crystals and a human with a red shirt and other stuff. I can't seem to change them.

I am on mac.

Am I just stupid, the mod isn't including it or did something go wrong?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:14 pm

You can use the CE People Modified Addon (CEPM), downloadable from the top of the first post, to modify crew appearance. Read it's readme to see how it works.
ikeelyou300

Postby ikeelyou300 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:48 pm

In one or more of the zoltan ship events where you have to fight a zoltan ship you have the option of using an Ion Field to weaken their shield, but it says "(Radiation Projector) Use your ion field to weaken their shields." Should say (Ion Field)
videogameguy54

Postby videogameguy54 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:13 pm

Does else anyone think that this + infinite space would be amazing?
ArmedKevin117

Postby ArmedKevin117 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:47 pm

videogameguy54 wrote:Does else anyone think that this + infinite space would be amazing?

+1 to this. Would it be possible to alter the boss encounter to trigger an IS sequence after beating the core game?
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:49 pm

No.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
blueFTL

Postby blueFTL » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:19 pm

I haven't been able to search through the thread to see if someone has raised this already, but in my view the Plan A Engi ship desperately needs rebalancing.

I've been trying to play with this ship for 3 hours now and furtherest I've gone is Sector 2. I've reseted 3 times and died 5 times. This is on EASY with no other mods.

Essentially the heavy ion II + hull drone combo doesn't work. The heavy ion charges far too slowly to deplete that first shield for the drone to hit. Given that you have no control over where the drone hits there is no way to disable the enemy weapon system, meaning you are far too suspectable to being damaged. Unless you acquire another weapon before sector 2 you stand very little chance of surviving.

My suggestion is to have a ion weapon that charges faster- ion blast 2 for example rather than the heavy ion 2. Getting that the first hit in is so important. Since you can't target with drones it balances out being able to hit first.

Either that or have better drone defences- like a defence drone 1 at the very least just so you can survive long enough to get another weapon.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:31 am

I'm sorry mate but I think anyone will beg to differ that the current engi isn't under powered.

It was the first ship I went to sector 8 and first ship I manage to win the game in.

The Ion blast II is, from what I hear most of the time, a highly OP weapon, And the drone may not be as fancy as your burst lasers, but it fires rapidly compared to ship weapons.
The only 'Balance' you can do with this mod is only in the ship add on where it belongs, and that will only be switching to weapons equivalent to the first, nothing to much powerful or weaker then the other.

keep in mind I am talking about the vanilla one, the ship add on wasn't that bad when I left it, the effector + hull drone was a nice combo and lay down monster damage with ease.

Also how many other ships you got and how far you into the game? if my best bet is that your new, I do not think you're ready for mods yet. sorry.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
ikeelyou300

Postby ikeelyou300 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:27 am

ArmedKevin117 wrote:
videogameguy54 wrote:Does else anyone think that this + infinite space would be amazing?

+1 to this. Would it be possible to alter the boss encounter to trigger an IS sequence after beating the core game?

Unfortunately it's nearly impossible to mod anything to do with the final boss. I've been working on my own mod to make the boss more interesting, but it's been a nightmare. Simple things that should normally work with anything else can crash the game outright. It's just way too hardcoded.
blueFTL

Postby blueFTL » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:49 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:I'm sorry mate but I think anyone will beg to differ that the current engi isn't under powered.

It was the first ship I went to sector 8 and first ship I manage to win the game in.

The Ion blast II is, from what I hear most of the time, a highly OP weapon, And the drone may not be as fancy as your burst lasers, but it fires rapidly compared to ship weapons.
The only 'Balance' you can do with this mod is only in the ship add on where it belongs, and that will only be switching to weapons equivalent to the first, nothing to much powerful or weaker then the other.

keep in mind I am talking about the vanilla one, the ship add on wasn't that bad when I left it, the effector + hull drone was a nice combo and lay down monster damage with ease.

Also how many other ships you got and how far you into the game? if my best bet is that your new, I do not think you're ready for mods yet. sorry.

I've been playing the game on and off for a year now. Unlocked all the ships + plans and finished the game on normal on most of the ships so no, I'm not a new player (though I'm new to modding and the forum, which is perhaps what gave you the impression that I'm a new player).

I apologise for not making it clear, but I'm using the Ship CE add-on. Contrary to what you suggest, with the add-on the Engi ship plan A starts with a Heavy Ion II (2 power/3 ion damage/1 system damage/16s recharge) and a Hull Drone, which functions like a vanilla laser drone but fires hull lasers.

In your reply I believe you're referring to the plan B ship instead, which comes with the Effector and an Old Laser (1 power/2 damage/ 10s recharge). I have no problems with the Plan B ship and have finished the game with it.

I do agree that maybe the ion blast II would be too OP. Maybe the ion blast 1 would be sufficient. My point is simply that the Heavy Ion II's 16s charge time is simply way too slow and makes early game more difficult than it should be. I just think that Instead of having such a powerful but slow weapon a quicker but less damaging weapon would be more suitable as a starting weapon.