FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
9600bauds

Re: FTL Captains Edition 1.031 [stable]

Postby 9600bauds » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:23 pm

Don't know if this has been reported already, but the "Civilian Miner" ship has a little bug where their shields don't work at all.
The display shows them as having one shield bubble, but no shield shows up and indeed nothing stops my lasers.

Otherwise, this is the greatest mod ever. My only complaint are defense III drones... got a rebel rigger with one, it could reliably shoot down a dual laser+burst laser III combo so that I could not get past 3 shields. That's a huge overkill.
Estel

Postby Estel » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:58 pm

I see nothing wrong with this image - it looks like they had their shields disabled, for energy redirection reasons. Unless they really have too low reactor power, everything is OK.

Now, for defenswe drone III - unless something changed in last version and I'm not aware of it, you're exagerrating. Burst laser III + dual laser is 7 lasers combo -3 shield =4 -1 for "getting past" =3. I can hardly imagine defense droid mark III shotting 3 laser bolts at the same time. Either your combo timing was wrong, or there was some missing involved.

Also, keep in mind, that having OMGPOWZOR laser's count isn't one-for-all solution anymore (diversity in tactics was one of this mod's goals). If you meet enemy so resistant to lasers and rockets, use bombs or boarders to disable their drone system, first (those drones drain reactor quite much, so doing 1, or, in extreme case, 2 damage to drone system is enough to shut them down). If you don't have drones or boarders, either try your luck with lasers and cross fingers for no miss, if enemy fire can't pierce your defense, or use big yellow button for running - after all, you're not supposed to be biggest fish in the sea every time.

/Estel
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:11 pm

Estel wrote:Those new features are absolutely awesome and great, but I wonder - what's the decision about cruisers @ exit and fleet delay, + are you planning to release small update with critical bugs fixed, before introducing new, big features?

1. I'm still pretty sure that delay does not carry over to the next sector.
2. Delay on exit cruiser would also allows to farm fleet delay on exit by on returning to the beacon, which actually could be exploited excessively.
3. Having the player return to the exit beacon seems restarts the same event with the same named Rebel cruiser. That is another thing that wasn't intended and the player could be discouraged to do that by not getting fleet delay on exit. Otherwise I have to make the exit beacon a general event without any fancy named cruiser. Boring.

So, I'm not planing on bringing that feature back currently.

I'm also pretty sure that 1.031 is completely stable, aside from some very minor bugs that already have been present in the last version... working on that stuff. So no real need to revert to older versions.

The report by CrazyDave concerning the glitched room that can't be hit by drones got me and kartoFlane to do a little R&D on that. We ended up with a way to create systems that can't be targeted. That was a thing I wanted to do for some time, to set certain enemies further apart from standard encounters.

So, the new Zoltan Shield Barge will have it's shield system deeply encased within the ship. This way it can't be manned, but also not damaged by any weapon fire. Deal with it!

A few other enemies also will feature internal system. The Rebel battleship for example will have encased weapon and door system. I hope to finally create a ship the player really HAS to run away from...
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:19 pm

How? :shock:

Did you set the system's room to 0 or something?
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:28 pm

Fleet delay does carry over to the next sector
Here is the Stuff I made:
ImageImageImageImage
And stuff is always better than no stuff, right?
aaaaaa50

Postby aaaaaa50 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:55 pm

:shock: That shield barge looks totally awesome.

About the cruisers, could you make defeating them drop a quest beacon in the next sector to delay the fleet there?
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:20 pm

Metzelmax wrote:Fleet delay does carry over to the next sector

Hm several people made different claims on that, the other reasons still apply though.

dalolorn wrote:Did you set the system's room to 0 or something?

Yeah, that's exactly how it was done. The room is still targetable by drones this way though. But if its positioned between other rooms, drone shots cant connect with the system any more and the it basically becomes untouchable. Could allow for interesting player ships as well...

aaaaaa50 wrote:That shield barge looks totally awesome.

Glad you like it. The new Zoltan shield station will feature a similar design:

Solarion

Postby Solarion » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:47 pm

9600bauds wrote:Don't know if this has been reported already, but the "Civilian Miner" ship has a little bug where their shields don't work at all.
The display shows them as having one shield bubble, but no shield shows up and indeed nothing stops my lasers.

Otherwise, this is the greatest mod ever. My only complaint are defense III drones... got a rebel rigger with one, it could reliably shoot down a dual laser+burst laser III combo so that I could not get past 3 shields. That's a huge overkill.

I'd like to confirm this bug. See this image. The ship shows an active shield bubble, but is not effective. Only the blue ball is lit but no actual shield is present.

EDIT: I found another bug. This station has its shield bubble misaligned.
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:26 pm

Can easily proof it. Set the pursuit to -100 and enter a new sector. There comes nothing.
I know it because one of my time travel events once had -100 because I too thought the pursuit doesnt go through sectors. But then the rebels never showed up again and so I figured that it goes between sectors.
Here is the Stuff I made:
ImageImageImageImage
And stuff is always better than no stuff, right?
aaaaaa50

Postby aaaaaa50 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:42 pm

I know this stuff is hard to test for, but maybe in vanilla FTL when the fleet pursuit gets past the exit beacon or the edge of the screen, it has a slight head-start in the next sector?
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!