FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
KJ4VOV

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.264b/Inf 1.264/EL 1.264b

Postby KJ4VOV » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:48 pm

stylesrj wrote:Can you point out which one it is? You can listen to the audio files outside of the game. Because that sounds concerning.

They sound different outside the game, depending on what I use to play them, but I believe it's either bp_MUS_CansBATTLE.ogg or bp_MUS_CansEXPLORE.ogg

As I said though, very different sound outside the game, depending on what's playing them. VLC sounds the worst, while Windows Media Player Classic sounds the best.
Due to the rising cost of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:25 pm

Odd. Not sure whats causing that. All the tracks have been normalized recently and they sound OK to me. Anyway, welcome back KJ4VOV, long time no see.
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:15 pm

Hey, encountered a graphical bug :
Only happened when the ship cloaked.

Also had an event where the text went waaaay outside the of the box due to the amount of blue options.
Imagine fully upgraded engines + the Advanced FTL Navigation augment... 2 white options + 4 blue options. Those would've normally fit was it not for the very long text that proceeded it.
Something about percentages counting up from 80 -> 100 or something. No pic, forgot, and was during a test flight with my AI cruiser that's finally finished. So no recording either...

Oh, and don't know how long it's been this way, but I recently updated the Music add-on...
Had the song sounding like you're in the rainforest or something? The one from an evacuation sector?
Anyway, it doesn't seem like the track loops, at least not the one for when you're in a fight, had no music for quite a while.

Anyway, been awhile since I found something, so that must mean things are getting better and better for CE.
Oh, and a personal thank you for the help given with getting my AI cruiser decked out with slug gel Sleeper.
You to Russian Rockman if you're reading this !

Grtz,
Biohazard063

P.S : You scared the living daylight out of me for a moment when I saw you fiddled with the Advanced FTL Navigation augment. Used that augment on my AI-Cruiser end I thought it would've broke the ship. Turns out I made it after CE 1.264 was released ;)
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
Mandrake

Postby Mandrake » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:15 am

Just a small bug report. I was playing as the Zoltan A cruiser, with the Ion Field augment. I was battling a rebel ship with the field enabled. Three power bars were drained from my reactor, as is proper. However I then a receive message from engineering indicating issues with the reactor. It was at that point that I actually gained two power bars back. Only one was now being taken by the Ion Field. The reactor power issues had given me back power, as opposed to taking more power away from me. :lol:
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:00 am

Mandrake wrote:Just a small bug report. I was playing as the Zoltan A cruiser, with the Ion Field augment. I was battling a rebel ship with the field enabled. Three power bars were drained from my reactor, as is proper. However I then a receive message from engineering indicating issues with the reactor. It was at that point that I actually gained two power bars back. Only one was now being taken by the Ion Field. The reactor power issues had given me back power, as opposed to taking more power away from me. :lol:

This.
I mentioned this one a while ago actually and I don't think I was given any word on what was happening.

I'm guessing the event itself sets your power levels down by 1, and it ignores the fact that another reduced it by 3.
The reactor penalties don't stack and it's probably just a thing in the game and not something that can be modded for.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:30 am

Yeah, this is under consideration. The only real way to fix this would be removing the "something wrong with the reactor" combat fluff altogether. Having it take 4 bars would fix the problem, but then again this would cause crashes with Zoltan C under certain circumstances (aka as long as its reactor has not been upgraded.)

Biohazard063 wrote:Also had an event where the text went waaaay outside the of the box due to the amount of blue options.
Imagine fully upgraded engines + the Advanced FTL Navigation augment... 2 white options + 4 blue options. Those would've normally fit was it not for the very long text that proceeded it.
Something about percentages counting up from 80 -> 100 or something. No pic, forgot, and was during a test flight with my AI cruiser that's finally finished. So no recording either...

I generally try to adjust possible texts to the standard font size in order to avoid such situations, but I can't prepare for any possibility. But remember that you can always adjust the font size yourself, there are keys for that (default is - and = ).
KJ4VOV

Postby KJ4VOV » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:03 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Odd. Not sure whats causing that. All the tracks have been normalized recently and they sound OK to me. Anyway, welcome back KJ4VOV, long time no see.

Health issues. Being an old fart sucks sometimes. Like I said, the sound is different in the game, and different with different audio players. Might be a codec issue on my machine but I'd expect that I'd be able to repeat it outside the game if it was, but I can't get that vibrating, droning buzz/squeal to happen except in the game. I can get close to it with Windows Classic Media Player and those two files, but that's it.
Due to the rising cost of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:06 pm

Yeah, this is under consideration. The only real way to fix this would be removing the "something wrong with the reactor" combat fluff altogether. Having it take 4 bars would fix the problem, but then again this would cause crashes with Zoltan C under certain circumstances (aka as long as its reactor has not been upgraded.)

But since no one flies the Zoltan C, it shouldn't be an issue, right? :lol:
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:19 pm

You could make the event drain the reactor by 3 maybe? Then it would just stay the same, which is a acceptable. Losing 1 power bar doesn't really affect you much when you're already winning anyway.
By the way, I like the combat "fluff" events. I haven't experienced all of them yet, but they can make battles interesting. I know the one that makes you lose power, and the one that makes the enemy's LS shut down. Are there ones that do things like cause fires and breaches?
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.265/Inf 1.264/EL 1.264b

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:59 pm

CE Resource Pack 1.265
- Rock Protector cloak image fixed
- Most of gencools amazing crew variant graphics added

CE Update 1.265
- Too low power drain during "something wrong with the reactor" combat fluff fixed
- Some more combat fluff added
- Slightly modified versions Gencools crew variants added

Yeah, so Gencool hit me up on his amazing crew graphic mod again and I found some time to integrate most of it. Just in case you are interested in how my interpretation differs:
- No remade Zoltans yet, as there remain some problems with those
- Some aspects of the new variants show in the portraits as well (slug stripes for example). The portraits could eventually match the actual crew sprites to a greater extend (like the showing the spikes of the Mantis females and the Slug jackets for example) but that is beyond my skill
- Variants that change actual crew shape have been modified to affect portraits general color (this was more complex than it sounds)
- Removed some color variants
- Changed color variants to make non vanilla stuff more rare (dominant eye color of rocks is still red for example)
- Added transparency for crew selection disks to make them more subliminal (still would love a better solution for selection indicators, but I have none so far)