FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.278c/Inf 1.267/EL 1.275

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:17 pm

RAD-82 wrote:I just tried 1.278c. You were right the first time. The code is missing. I don't know how that happened, since it was in an older version.
I had some conflict problems when pulling the git-hub stuff last time, likely that is what caused this. I'll fix it as soon as I get home.
Estel

Postby Estel » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:41 pm

Sleeper Service wrote: But I guess there could be another outcome where you simply meet up with the squadron and they give you stuff, but explain that the sector is lost regardless. By the way: there are several ways to mess this quest up beforehand. You might not be given the choice who to fight in the first event and fighting anything but the lead cruiser creates a risk of the initial battle being lost.

I like the outcome with "something went terribly wrong" - I got impression, that - due to losing earlier - rebels might have thrown a flagship(-fleet) here, resulting in the complete devastation (and we *just* missed it ;) ).

Sleeper Service wrote:This might be one of these cases where other event texts for the same event point a different picture though. I think some the texts imply that the Rock came there to die some kind of ceremonial death. I'll look into it.

I think it shouldn't be guaranteed outcome - they may be too proud for it. BTW, this exact event is quite clear, that they're just in accidental trouble, not wanting to do ceremonial "goodbye".

/Estel
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.279/Inf 1.267/EL 1.275

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:20 pm

CE Update 1.279
- Fixed a problem with weapon tips not appearing
- Added a couple new blue options for the on-board science lab
- Added a new outcome for the Federation fleet battle quest
Udummie

Postby Udummie » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:19 pm

When i try to play Endless CE it works perfectly fine but when i choose to jump to a new sector it doesnt give me the option to continue traveling through space or going closer to the federation base. So did Sleeper just remove the options in an update or i just messed up installing CE
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:26 pm

Infinite hasn't changed for ages, chances are some mod you are loading after infinite is overwriting your exit events. Check your load order, maybe post it if the problem persists.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:11 pm

thank you for the responses Sleeper, on the topic of beam I understand you want to use it for different reasons functionally, however on a 'logical' point of view the mining / industrial beams are not directly made for combat but instead simply to mine and/or for industrial purposes. But in a way functions similar hence why I said a darker red/ brown instead of saying something like Green.

On some events I thought about for the science lab maybe in terms of quests could possible be the one with federation teraformers (you take samples of the [moss?] and show it has valid scientific existence then to destroy it while terraforming, Being a more peaceful option then attacking them while not being bribed or doing the bribes.) and also you get the moss samples as an augment possibly.

I can't think of more at this point however now I will keep a look out for them.

Also yea, that federation part makes sense, However I wish there was a possibility that some ships survived and not a complete and utter annihilation. Who knows, maybe a federation scout or fighter was still around or a single cruiser that gave you ASB aid in the end or a crew member of the bomber or what ever that is still around wants to join your crew because it has nothing else to do. However the current ending is okay, only problem is it can be repetitive... I had that event once 3 times in 1 run and having the most identical results possible (hell all 3 times was a heavy scatter laser as a reward, which I am not complaining but not sure if RNG forgot what R meant or if it was the only weapon).
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
jr2

Postby jr2 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:48 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Hm, odd. Just a hunch but you could try without the Generic Sector Names Patch and see if it works then. Please report whether that fixes the crash. If you want to salvage the run you could decide not to go to the crystal sector I guess. I'll look into it some more, but as far as I can tell the sector works... Infinite music compatibility patch should not cause problems though.

Removed Sector Names; FTL won't load at all now. Downloaded a Profile/savegame editor (FTL Editor V25) to see if I could find anything that could be tweaked to let me resume playing where I left off and still get the Crystal_Home beacon working. No dice yet.

This was in the Generic Sector Names patch regarding the Crystal Homeworld:

sector_data.xml.append

<mod:findName type="sectorDescription" name="CRYSTAL_HOME">
<mod-overwrite:nameList>
<name>Hidden Crystal Worlds</name>
</mod-overwrite:nameList>
</mod:findName>

EDIT: This seems to be the sector info from the saved game:

Sector Tree Breadcrumbs...
T,T,F,F,T,F,F,F,T,F,F,F,T,F,F,F,F,F,F,F

Sector Beacons...
BeaconId: 0
Visit Count: 0
Seen: true
Enemy Present: false
Fleets Present: Rebel
Under Attack: false
BeaconId: 1
Visit Count: 1
Bkg Starscape: stars/z_bg_stars1.png
Bkg Sprite: stars/bg_planet_hyperspace_2.png
Bkg Sprite Position: 45,218
Bkg Sprite Rotation: 180
BeaconId: 2
Bkg Starscape: stars/z_bg_hubble_43.png
Bkg Sprite: stars/planet_brown.png
Bkg Sprite Position: 486,148
Bkg Sprite Rotation: 0
BeaconId: 3
Bkg Starscape: stars/z_bg_nebula12.png
Bkg Sprite: stars/z_X.01.planet_rocky_red_blue.png
Bkg Sprite Position: 303, 24
BeaconId: 4
BeaconId: 5
Bkg Starscape: stars/z_X.01.bg_nebula_01.png
Bkg Sprite: stars/z_planet_techmoon.png
Bkg Sprite Position: 252,116
BeaconId: 6
Bkg Starscape: stars/z_bg_nebula4.png
Bkg Sprite: stars/z_X.01.planet_rocky_red.png
Bkg Sprite Position: 389,183
BeaconId: 7
Seen: false
Fleets Present: None
BeaconId: 8
BeaconId: 9
Bkg Starscape: stars/bg_nebula_acid_warning_2.png
Bkg Sprite: NONE
Bkg Sprite Position: 0, 0
BeaconId: 10
Bkg Starscape: stars/z_bg_nebula6.png
Bkg Sprite: stars/planet_gas_yellow.png
Bkg Sprite Position: 747,153
BeaconId: 11
BeaconId: 12
BeaconId: 13
BeaconId: 14
Bkg Starscape: stars/z_bg_hubble_25.png
Bkg Sprite: stars/planet_red.png
Bkg Sprite Position: 473, 25
BeaconId: 15
BeaconId: 16
BeaconId: 17
BeaconId: 18
BeaconId: 19
BeaconId: 20
BeaconId: 21
BeaconId: 22

Quests...
QuestEventId: ROCK_CRYSTAL_BEACON, BeaconId: 18

Next Sector Quests...

Mu?: 1

Current Encounter...
Ship Event Seed: 8641
Surrender Event: SQUAT_PIRATE_MERCENARY surrender 9576
Escape Event:
Destroyed Event: SQUAT_PIRATE_MERCENARY destroyed 9581
Dead Crew Event: SQUAT_PIRATE_MERCENARY dead crew 9580
Got Away Event:

Last Event: SQUAT_PIRATE_MERCENARY surrender 9576

EDIT2: Never mind all of that, silly me forgot Steam had been running in the tray when I hibernated (I think?) Closed and restarted Steam, launched FTL, and with the Generic Sector Names mod removed, I was able to jump to the Crystal Sector successfully. Thanks!! :D
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:53 pm

Ok thanks for reporting back, that was really helpfull. The new version of the sector name patch should work with the crystal sector.

Download CE Generic Sector Names Patch 1.3 (Dropbox)
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:29 am

Am I allowed to make more questions or shall I simply move to PM's?
I just like to have insight on peoples designs choices and such and what was going through their head.

I wanted to have more insight on weapons now!

Scatter/ swarm weapons.

From what I can see, it's basicly similar to a normal counterpart. but does less/ half system damage with minor trade off's. I was wondering what inspired yo uto do weapons like that- considering you got them nearly everywhere in CE...
Light, normal, heavy scatter laser... flak scatter lasers, swarm missiles, flak swarm missiles, etc. and where did it start.

And for mines, I assume it was something to do with magnets and it exploding near the surface. However I am slightly surprised by the lack of Mines, especially due to the fact it's less then there are vanilla missiles and in this mod there is a whole lotta' missiles added in CE (makes me want to make the things I think there should be... I was originally gonna release the Mantis minelayer as a player ship before it got side tracked for some reason, could make it go with that mod quite easily)

your PSD events and such. I know I could check and try to pull it apart to see how it works but I would like to know how it works in the perspective of possibly having it as a weapon? I am on a spree of making weapon packs recently (with the ballistic mod being at a satisfactory 1.2 version atm, there is still more to come but the bulk of it is done. I will start doing laser and beam weapons now for my next pack) and in the near future I wanted to do spotter equipment. Things like TAG lasers (Target Acquisition Gun) and Narc missile beacon and other spotter 'weapons' in a mod I will make eventually and after seeing some of your weapons such as the PSD beam and laser(? idk, seems high velocity, I only see the explosion part after the part saying "lock on... 1000k.... 900k... etc). I was wondering how easy is that to change that up and have it as a 'weapon' for a player? I do realise that it's just 'advanced' animated bombs and such but still... Also wondering if I can pinch some assets.

Lastly: when FTL: overdrive, in a distant future, ever comes out, or what ever -remake of FTL that is more modder friendly. would you come back and start doing more modding for FTL? I am familiar that you are making your own game now and find CE basicly complete. But that still doesn't dismiss my question.

Also there are rumors that a possible another major update (well major in our terms.) for FTL coming, speculating it to come around summer along with Android OS support. This is based on the fact they were doing android OS stuff after the iPad and also apparently Ben prunty got back to work for FTL again... and if he's making more sounds for FTL, there must be something coming (new sectors?). that's more of the line of theory... Ben prunty did tease us and there is the vague hints on the AE release and such that says there may be some additional stuff- even if it's minor it may open up more FTL opportunities...
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Sepheris

Postby Sepheris » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:06 pm

Well, I'm back. Last time I was here, it was January and I couldn't get this mod to work at all. And, well, yeah... same issues as before. Sort of. I had a fresh install of FTL and installed just Captain's Edition and it's resource pack. It worked perfectly for a few hours. I only stopped because I had to go to work. Upon returning, I'm plagued with constant freezing. The game loads up, I can do whatever I want, but after about a minute of actually playing in the game (not the menu) it just freezes up. I can be in battle, sat doing nothing at a node, it doesn't matter.

Fresh install of the game, just CE Resources and Captain's Edition installed, with that load order. Worked at first, but doesn't after returning to after a few hours. Any tips, or shall I just ditch this all again and try in another half a year, see if it wants to work for me then?