FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Nanao_kun

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.205b/Inf 1.205/EL 0.95

Postby Nanao_kun » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:56 am

So after playing this for a while, I've been wondering. Am I supposed to go to some random sector when I use 10 fuel and click Next Sector?

Is it possible to obtain the Crystal ship at all in this mod? Or would I be better off grabbing every ship in vanilla first?

Note that I'm referring to Endless Mode.
hilariouslijah

Postby hilariouslijah » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:03 am

I have 2 things to say. First of all this mod is WONDERFUL. I am stunned by the wonderfulness of this mod :o. Secondly, I find the CE flagship WAY too hard to beat. Why are the missile and laser rooms connected to the main ship on EASY? I was wondering if you could possibly make an extension that reverts the flagship back to what it was? Keep up the great work!
P.S: I'm not sure if it is a glitch or not but I encountered a ship full of Zoltans that had no oxygen... All I had to do was break its clone bay and I won instantly... :?:
RedNXT

Postby RedNXT » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:48 am

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4e4g7ltk3d22lxi/hack%20bug.png
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ftiz1dim9fsql53/hack%20bug%202.png
Lately I have been having trouble with my Hacking System.
It worked fine at level 1 but ever since I upgraded it to level 2 it has not worked. At first the hacking drone sent itself out without using a drone part but then would not do anything; it would attach to the ship in a random spot but even when the system was powered the system could not be hacked and the doors were not blocked.
After jumping around to some new sectors the hacking drone no longer auto-sends itself. However, now it will not work. As you can see in the pictures it does not allow me to deploy my hacking drone and the button stays greyed out for all battles.
My Mod Order is:
Better Planets and Backgrounds_v1.3.1
FTL Captains Edition 1.201
Ce BPaB Compatibility Patch 1.0
CE Additional Music Addon 1.2
CE Infinite Addon 1.201
CE Endless Loot Addon 0.9 (beta)

Everything else about Captain's Edition works great. Also, if I start a new ship with a hacking system (Engi Type C) its hacking system DOES work. It might be something wrong with my ship/save but I wanted to know if there was some way to fix it because I would like to not have to start over ;)
MrWolf

Postby MrWolf » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:56 am

I guess i won't be able to install endless loot addon, It just keeps giving me *Java.lang.outofmemoryerror: java heap space*

And i have tried the solution presented on the first page by increasing java's ram but it's still giving me the same error so idk what to do.

I can install the standard endless loot addon but not the infinite endless loot.
rannl

Postby rannl » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:30 am

Vulcan uber cooldown issues: Sleepy, you can let the Vulcan be effected by the lowered cooldown prefix. I'm guessing that either setting a min value for the cooldown tag in the prefix, and maybe adjusting the chained cooldown reduction effect can work here.

Slowy generally does not tell me much, he seems to see himself as the only only one who can save CE from "inbalance", so I guess that fits.

Bad form. I appreciate Slowy's work, but I think an apology is in order. Slowy himself acknowledges the contribution of CE to his work.
Lunaraia

Postby Lunaraia » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:21 am

Nanao_kun wrote:So after playing this for a while, I've been wondering. Am I supposed to go to some random sector when I use 10 fuel and click Next Sector?

Is it possible to obtain the Crystal ship at all in this mod? Or would I be better off grabbing every ship in vanilla first?

Note that I'm referring to Endless Mode.

In Advanced Edition all ships that have a quest related to them now has another unlock condition, the crystals 2nd unlock condition are that you gotta unlock all other ships, also I've actually run into the rock ship with crystal stasis pod in it twice in deep space.
FreedomFighter

Postby FreedomFighter » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:24 am

I love how CE change Flagship layout, the Triple Laser and Triple Missile room are now connect to the main hall, make it much harder to fight since you can't lock them off anymore.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:28 am

FreedomFighter wrote:I love how CE change Flagship layout, the Triple Laser and Triple Missile room are now connect to the main hall, make it much harder to fight since you can't lock them off anymore.

That was actually changed by the Advanced Edition although CE did it before albeit in a different way. In AE it's only on hard mode though I believe.

How would you feel about having the other weapons connected to the main hull? The ion and beam?

Also, @ Sleeper. I think it would be awesome if the flagship could use some other weapons like bombs and flak cannons or some of your CE weapons. Maybe varying depending on the phase? It really is too bad that it is hardcoded for regular randomization. And i think the limit artillery still works the same way and affects all artillery (though I'm not sure exactly). Perhaps at least to change the flagship up for normal and hard difficulty or between variants it could be given different artillery variants. 4 shots or slower/faster cooldown. I think this would be a welcome change.

Some things that would be interesting to "re-test" is whether or not the flagship can use regular weapons now or whether sensors work. (Yes ill get on that eventually...)

And finally I really think the third phase needs a clone bay. ;)
rannl

Postby rannl » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:46 am

Russian Rockman wrote:And finally I really think the third phase needs a clone bay. ;)

You got my vote on that.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:19 am

Eeyup!
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.