FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Russian Rockman

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.24a/Inf 1.24a/EL 1.24

Postby Russian Rockman » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:15 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Yeah the descriptions seem a little bugged on that stuff. The cooldown reduction actually works like one would expect, leading to a five second cooldown I think.

Are you sure about that? :roll: Because before AE a level 4 teleporter would actually be an INSTANT cooldown. ;)
Is it possible to give that level a description in the misc.xml file?

Also, if you haven't already I think you should give the backup battery a 3rd level.

And for anyone who doesn't know...
-Battery level 3+ works fine, it gives 2 extra power per level. (But may cause a crash when entering an ion storm)
-Shields, weapons, and drones all work as you would expect at level 8+.
-Cloaking level 4+ works as you would expect, it gives +5 seconds of cloak for each level, and it is possible to make custom graphics for these levels
-Oxygen and Medbay level 4+ work as you would expect, but they are pretty redundant since they work pretty fast at level 3 already.

-Teleporter level 4+ gives an instant cooldown
-Clone Bay level 4+ also gives an"instant cooldown and restores 2147483647 (maximum int value) health per jump. ;)
-Mind Control level 4+ does absolutely nothing :(
-Hacking level 4 makes hacks last 0 seconds, but hacking level 5 makes hacks last for about 2 minutes. :? :twisted:
-Artillery level 4 makes the cooldown time even lower, level 5 makes the cooldown time instant, but you must continually toggle it between level 5 & 6 or the weapon wont fire

-Engines past level 8 will give 0 evasion
-The other subsystems besides the backup battery do not do anything past level 4+
However!, it is possible to add a level 4 to these systems and they will act as they would if manned at level 3, meaning they do not have to be manned anymore.

Hope you found all that interesting.
Last edited by Russian Rockman on Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:21 pm

Knightraven257 wrote:I'm having a problem where the rebels will continuously jump double the distance of a normal jump throughout the entire game. Jumping to nebulas slows them down to a normal jump. I'm not sure what causes it and I haven't seen anything else during my searching from someone else having the same problem. It makes the game almost impossible to play because there isn't enough time to properly search a sector without the rebels catching up too quickly. Has anyone else seen this bug?

Are you playing the current version? Cause the only cause for this I can imagine is related to hayperspace events on game start and those don't exist anymore. In any way, going back to the hangar to start your next game should fix that.

I took the "emergency fuel" option and now the fleet gets double jumps all the time.
This will happen if you hit restart after taking that option. For some odd reason, the added fleet pursuit carries over to the new game. Going back to the hangar and restarting the run from there will fix this problem.
Knightraven257

Postby Knightraven257 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:28 pm

Knightraven257 wrote:I'm having a problem where the rebels will continuously jump double the distance of a normal jump throughout the entire game, even after expending fuel to jump into a sector faster. Jumping to a nebula slows them down to a normal jump. I'm not sure what causes it and I haven't seen anything else during my searching from someone else having the same problem. It makes the game almost impossible to play because there isn't enough time to properly search a sector without the rebels catching up too quickly. Has anyone else seen this bug?

FYI I have the captain's edition with all the extra resources installed, but I'm not using endless loot or infinite space, or and other random mods.

Well, I just saw the known issue on the main page. Missed it the first few times I looked over the issues for some reason. Guess I know what causes it now.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:13 am

Russian Rockman wrote:-Battery level 3+ works fine, it gives 2 extra power per level.

-Cloaking level 4+ works as you would expect, it gives +3 seconds of cloak for each level, and it is possible to make custom graphics for these levels

-Artillery level 4 makes the cooldown time even lower, level 5 makes the cooldown time instant, but you must continually toggle it between level 4 & 5 or the weapon wont fire

There are problems with a level 3+ battery. If the total reactor power goes over 30, you will crash if something "limits" the reactor, like an ion storm or combat augs. A hacked battery also limits the reactor, but you wouldn't have the extra power to pass 30, so that isn't really an issue.

Cloaking should be 5 seconds per level, not 3. Last I checked, custom UI graphics for these aren't fully functional. The vanilla game comes with level 4 graphics, but it fails to use some of them and instead uses the level 3 graphics.

You've got you artillery levels messed up. You mean 5 and 6, not 4 and 5.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:58 am

RAD-82 wrote:There are problems with a level 3+ battery. If the total reactor power goes over 30, you will crash if something "limits" the reactor, like an ion storm or combat augs. A hacked battery also limits the reactor, but you wouldn't have the extra power to pass 30, so that isn't really an issue.

Cloaking should be 5 seconds per level, not 3. Last I checked, custom UI graphics for these aren't fully functional. The vanilla game comes with level 4 graphics, but it fails to use some of them and instead uses the level 3 graphics.

You've got you artillery levels messed up. You mean 5 and 6, not 4 and 5.

Thanks RAD, I'll edit that post.

I'm not sure if one extra level on the backup battery would cause the crash with the reactor, but I am aware of that issue. It might, but I'll probably have to test that myself, I think one more level of the battery might be ok.

I'll fix the cloaking and artillery info.

I'm pretty sure that it is possible to make custom graphics for he extra levels of cloaking and such, as long as you follow the right naming system, somebody made custom graphics for these things here:
http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24752
Gyrfalcon

Postby Gyrfalcon » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:06 am

Reporting in a game-crashing bug!

Playing with the Requisition License and stumbled upon a station asking me to sell drone parts at the exit beacon. I say "nay" and try to acquire materials by force. Words were had, I flash my license and they open fire. Traitors!

Fight went well enough until the station should have surrendered to my superior firepower but then... crash to Desktop.

Thought I'd bring it to your attention, let me know if I can provide anything further. Till then, my humble ship shall wait here to pillage more ships in the name of the Federation! ;)
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.24b/Inf 1.24a/EL 1.24

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:37 pm

Thanks for reporting in, that should be taken care of now.

CE Update 1.241a
- Fixed a crash related to civilian station surrenders
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:26 pm

Ciurrioc wrote:Hey RussianRockman, you mentioned some values/attributes for the extended power levels of the various components, do they follow suite with that Advanced systems mod that does more or less the same? because some of the aspects like instant recharge don't happen for me ;o

Well before AE I know a level "4" Teleporter would give an instant recharge, if now it has a 5 second cooldown then that is a good thing because an instant recharge is broken. I would assume that it is the same though.

The only other instant recharge systems that would have an instant cooldown are the Clonebay and artillery. I know the advanced systems mod does not go as high as level 6 for artillery or level 4 for Clonebay because that would be ridiculous. :lol:
theanorak

Postby theanorak » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:02 am

Hi All,

I was wondering what ever happened to the sprites with black hair and light skin. It seems that most light skinned sprites are paired with the brown / red hair option while the darker toned skin was the one paired with the dark hair.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:48 am

As far as we can tell the crew customization interface in the hangar can't show you all possible combinations at all time. If you go to a different ship the selection for the ship of you choice will be reset, showing a different range of possible crew variants that might include the one you look for.