FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
FortunaDraken

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.24b/Inf 1.24a/EL 1.24

Postby FortunaDraken » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:11 pm

Typo on a "Talk to Zoltan crew member" option.

EDIT: Hacking and Cloaking are in the same room.

theanorak

Postby theanorak » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:36 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:As far as we can tell the crew customization interface in the hangar can't show you all possible combinations at all time. If you go to a different ship the selection for the ship of you choice will be reset, showing a different range of possible crew variants that might include the one you look for.

Thanks for the heads up, Sleeper Service. I'll check out the other ships and the crew customization options. Love this Mod and thanks for keeping it alive. :)
Nider_01

Postby Nider_01 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:01 pm

Bug report: requisition licence sometimes doesn't work against civilian ships when you are out of fuel
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:03 pm

I'll look into that.

In the meantime we are getting somewhere with the Flagship Randomizer. Flagshup guns variants are finished and there is a working prototype of the randomization tool. Whats left is to integrate the assets into the tool.

the pool of possible flagship lasers (gif quality, ingame appearance may differ)
rannl

Postby rannl » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:37 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:I'll look into that.

In the meantime we are getting somewhere with the Flagship Randomizer. Flagshup guns variants are finished and there is a working prototype of the randomization tool. Whats left is to integrate the assets into the tool.

the pool of possible flagship lasers (gif quality, ingame appearance may differ)

Great job Sleepy! Looks great :D
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:50 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:I'll look into that.

AWESOME! See I'd never be able to do that, that is so much work! :( You sir are amazing. Thank you for making my dream come true. :D

Can't wait to see the drones, beams, bombs, and missiles.
FortunaDraken

Postby FortunaDraken » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:07 pm

Oh god I see a flak cannon in there, not the flak cannon ;;

Ngl though, it's going to make the final boss fights so much more interesting. Right now they just annoy me because of that damn missile launcher. I'll take a harder boss without that launcher any day.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:34 pm

Oh don't worry, we added various new missile launchers as well. :twisted: :D
FortunaDraken

Postby FortunaDraken » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:22 am

*sobs a little* :cry:
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:22 am

FortunaDraken wrote:Oh god I see a flak cannon in there, not the flak cannon ;;

Ngl though, it's going to make the final boss fights so much more interesting. Right now they just annoy me because of that damn missile launcher. I'll take a harder boss without that launcher any day.

He said boss fight"s", which got me thinking that another nice addition would be some more long multi-quest lines potentially ending in a mini-boss fight. IMO the Half built Rebel Flagship in the Rebel Stronghold is one of the most interesting quests in the games, and it made both old and new players freak out. :)

I know there are already some strong enemies in CE that make you want to run or surrender, but nothing that we can truly call a mini-boss. I've wanted to expand the faction quests, make them more fleshed out with lore etc..., and give them even more risk/reward to make them worth pursuing every time.

At least for CE Infinite that would be very cool.

Sleeper Service wrote:Oh don't worry, we added various new missile launchers as well. :twisted: :D

That being said... Will it be possible to have a flagship with NO missile launchers? Could you go up against a flagship with super superior laser weaponry? Or a flagship with (God forbid) Two missile launchers?

I suppose that is the purpose of in forming the player what type of weaponry the flagship will have. May want to consider getting that 8th level engine upgrade now. ;)

EDIT: Oh, I had a question. Will the randomized flagship be the same for all difficulties? Or will it be slightly different for easy, medium, and hard? Since that's a thing now...

Also, what is the U-shaped artillery?

Finally, some of the new artillery might be cool, graphically, to add to the player ships or even enemies ;) If they fit the current them of the player artillery that is.