FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
jaml96

Re: FTL Captains Edition 1.051

Postby jaml96 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:25 pm

i am having a problem where some textures are missing when this mod is installed. (upgrades screen, autofire sight etc.) any help? i used captains edition in 1.03.1, worked fine but in 1.03.3 it wont work. :cry: EDIT: screenshots! http://imgur.com/A2d5kux,kOPNYsu EDIT: invisible drones! http://imgur.com/e7WndGF (the ship is from jeffs boarding ship mod)
Last edited by jaml96 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:56 pm

Did you modify the nanobots xml in any way?

I've found that the nanobots won't work unless they have a <value> of .25 and a name="NANO_MEDBAY". You can change everything else but you NEED those to be set. I don't know if it has to be .25 but it doesn't seem to serve any other purpose so .25 is as good as anything else, and I know it works :)
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:42 pm

5thHorseman wrote:Did you modify the nanobots xml in any way?

I've found that the nanobots won't work unless they have a <value> of .25 and a name="NANO_MEDBAY". You can change everything else but you NEED those to be set. I don't know if it has to be .25 but it doesn't seem to serve any other purpose so .25 is as good as anything else, and I know it works :)

The healing rate can be modified, and the augment name is hardcoded - if its name is changed, it's just a dummy augment like the trade goods.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:14 pm

jaml96 wrote:i am having a problem where some textures are missing when this mod is installed. (upgrades screen, autofire sight etc.) any help? i used captains edition in 1.03.1, worked fine but in 1.03.3 it wont work. :cry: EDIT: screenshots! http://imgur.com/A2d5kux,kOPNYsu EDIT: invisible drones! http://imgur.com/e7WndGF (the ship is from jeffs boarding ship mod)

Hm that seems to be some broader problem. The Kestrel also seems to get its weapons wrong... I'm not sure how CE itself could cause this as it works fine for most people. Most likely an isue with mod patching. I recommend you ask arrround in the Slipstream mod manager thread.

I did not make any changes to the nano bots. The AI might just have been low on power or might not power med bays if no one has to be healed in them... wish would be bad for this ship concept.
LtDyson52

Postby LtDyson52 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:32 pm

Created an account just to subscribe to this thread and to say thanks for making this incredible mod. Keep up the great work!
Estel

Postby Estel » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:41 am

dalolorn wrote:The image clearly states that the medbay is powered up. It's quite visible.

+1. He got sensors 3 and screenshot clearly show powered medbay.

I'll keep a watchful eye for this bug, during encounters with Engi's repair ship.

/Estel
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:02 am

dalolorn wrote:

The healing rate can be modified, and the augment name is hardcoded - if its name is changed, it's just a dummy augment like the trade goods.

Ah. I don't know why I didn't see before that the value was the percentage of healing. Duh.

And that explains why removing it removed the ability. No value = 0%. Double Duh.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
jaml96

Postby jaml96 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:59 am

Sleeper Service wrote:
jaml96 wrote:i am having a problem where some textures are missing when this mod is installed. (upgrades screen, autofire sight etc.) any help? i used captains edition in 1.03.1, worked fine but in 1.03.3 it wont work. :cry: EDIT: screenshots! http://imgur.com/A2d5kux,kOPNYsu EDIT: invisible drones! http://imgur.com/e7WndGF (the ship is from jeffs boarding ship mod)

Hm that seems to be some broader problem. The Kestrel also seems to get its weapons wrong... I'm not sure how CE itself could cause this as it works fine for most people. Most likely an isue with mod patching. I recommend you ask arrround in the Slipstream mod manager thread.

I did not make any changes to the nano bots. The AI might just have been low on power or might not power med bays if no one has to be healed in them... wish would be bad for this ship concept.
seems to be my problem... happened with descent into darkness
too. i will try updating my graphic drivers. EDIT: oh wait! i am in my summer home right now (weekends) in my real home i have a big screen to install onto my computer!
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:46 am

5thHorseman wrote:
dalolorn wrote:

Ah. I don't know why I didn't see before that the value was the percentage of healing. Duh.

And that explains why removing it removed the ability. No value = 0%. Double Duh.

Yeah, one of DryEagle's mods has the nanites set to heal at exactly the same rate a Crystal suffocates at, keeping their health from dropping rapidly due to the lack of life support.
aaaaaa50

Postby aaaaaa50 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:04 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:I did not make any changes to the nano bots. The AI might just have been low on power or might not power med bays if no one has to be healed in them... wish would be bad for this ship concept.

I guess it might be possible that not including doors means that the augment doesn't work. Probably not, but it might.

You could alternatively make the medbay only big enough for one crewmember.
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!