FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Thunderr

Re: [open beta] FTL Captains Edition 0.951

Postby Thunderr » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:21 pm

Could you possibly add some kind of warzone sector where you get scrap for helping a certain side? Like at the first beacon, a federation ship comes up to you and says if you defeat x number of rebel ships, we will give you x scrap at the end? Or maybe an engi/mantis version where the engi will give you a special weapon that you can't get anywhere else if you kill x number of mantis ships? That would be really neat.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:11 pm

I won't change the overall sector structure cause I want to stay close to vanilla with this mod. I thought about some new quests and some of them involve hunting down several ships in a row. That might go in that direction.
Thunderr

Postby Thunderr » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:22 am

Sleeper Service wrote:I won't change the overall sector structure cause I want to stay close to vanilla with this mod. I thought about some new quests and some of them involve hunting down several ships in a row. That might go in that direction.

Yeah, vanilla is the way to go sometimes. The ship hunt is a neat idea though, and it would be interesting to see how it would be implemented.
Thunderr

Postby Thunderr » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:40 pm

I had another idea. Could you make an event that starts off like a store but ends in an ambush?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:46 pm

I think I finally fixed the nebula beacon. There was a bad event-name in the pirate stations ship-event... Please let me know If crashes still persist.

0.952 Beta
-pirate_suicide event fixed
-one crash causing event in the auto turret surrender results list fixed
-suicide capable stations now are controlled via escape timers, to make them blow themselves up more effectively
-some drone stats readjusted

Thunderr wrote:I had another idea. Could you make an event that starts off like a store but ends in an ambush?

Haha in my first weeks with the game I always thought this will eventually happen. I'm not sure what makes beacon appear flagged as shops on them map. If this is controlled by the list, like nebulas, then your Idea might actually be possible. I will check that out at some point.
Last edited by Sleeper Service on Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thunderr

Postby Thunderr » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:43 am

Sleeper Service wrote:I will check that out at some point.

Sweet!
BeatSquid

Postby BeatSquid » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:36 am

Due to being bad at this, I have no idea how to properly check compatability with other mods - can anyone verify if this conflicts with Turning the Tide 1.0 at all?
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:21 am

As a general rule of thumb, all total conversions are not compatible with each other
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Sleeper Service

Re: [open beta] FTL Captains Edition 0.952

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:48 pm

CE mainly modifies eventlist to get its content into the game. Turning The Tide modifies some vanilla events instead, which should be normally called up by CE eventlists then. Might actually work together, bud I also didn't try yet.
aaaaaa50

Re: [open beta] FTL Captains Edition 0.952

Postby aaaaaa50 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:08 am

So I was tinkering around in the blueprints.xml for your balanced weapons for player ships mod thingy, trying to make the Engie B a crewless ship, and I think you made a mistake.

Code: Select all

<drone name="BATTLE_2"/>
      <drone name="REPAIR"/>
      <drone name="REPAIR_2"/>

There should be three drones, right? But there's only one that appears in the game. A little digging around, and after changing it to this:

Code: Select all

<drone name="DE_BATTLE_2"/>
      <drone name="REPAIR"/>
      <drone name="DE_REPAIR_2"/>

All three drones appeared in the ship. Also, having the Vortex be an airless, dead robotic monstrosity makes it way more fun. :mrgreen:

P.S. You don't like the Osprey, do you?
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!