FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
BKGeno

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.216b/Inf 1.216/EL 1.216b

Postby BKGeno » Thu May 29, 2014 7:07 pm

Having a load of fun with the CE and Endless mods, but I keep getting shafted in terms of fuel, which significantly degrades the fun. Also annoying is how irritating missile/mines can be if you don't have a drone bay.

But other than those two gripes, and only the fuel is difficult, I rather enjoy the mods. Feels like what FTL was trying to be originally.
Panlew

Postby Panlew » Fri May 30, 2014 7:32 pm

Elkantarr

Postby Elkantarr » Fri May 30, 2014 7:46 pm

Hello together,

I have kind of a hard time here, maybe someone might actually help me...

Before the FTL Update I had CE version 1.2.1 installed. Everything worked fine, all the mods worked together.
Because of the recent FTL Update I also downloaded the most recent version of CE (and components) and facing the problem, that endless loot does not work anymore. Wether the Infinite, nor the standard version.

The mods I use are in this order:

Better Planets and Backgrounds_v1.3.1
FTL Captains Edition 1.216b
CE BPaB Compatibility Patch 1.0
CE Additional Music Addon 1.203
CD Infinite Addon 1.216
EL Texture Pack 1.0
CE Endless Loot Addon for standard CE 1.216b

there are a couple of more mods in my queue that aren't checked, so I guess this shouldn't make any difference.
The "installation" of the mods also works without any problems, so ... I really don't get why the endless loot addon is not working for me anymore ...

Any help is very much appreciated...thanks in advance

Best Regards

Elkantarr
Panlew

Postby Panlew » Fri May 30, 2014 8:16 pm

Elkantarr wrote:Hello together,

I have kind of a hard time here, maybe someone might actually help me...

Before the FTL Update I had CE version 1.2.1 installed. Everything worked fine, all the mods worked together.
Because of the recent FTL Update I also downloaded the most recent version of CE (and components) and facing the problem, that endless loot does not work anymore. Wether the Infinite, nor the standard version.

The mods I use are in this order:

Better Planets and Backgrounds_v1.3.1
FTL Captains Edition 1.216b
CE BPaB Compatibility Patch 1.0
CE Additional Music Addon 1.203
CD Infinite Addon 1.216
EL Texture Pack 1.0
CE Endless Loot Addon for standard CE 1.216b

there are a couple of more mods in my queue that aren't checked, so I guess this shouldn't make any difference.
The "installation" of the mods also works without any problems, so ... I really don't get why the endless loot addon is not working for me anymore ...

Any help is very much appreciated...thanks in advance

Best Regards

Elkantarr

... Can you tell me why are you using Standard CE Endless Loot Addon with Infinite?

Anyway, gonna repost the no-detailed-portraits version for the new page.
Elkantarr

Postby Elkantarr » Fri May 30, 2014 9:01 pm

Sure. I enjoy playing FTL with the ability to roam freely without the high upgrade costs. Since I have quite some timeconsuming work and a son , I don't have the time to spend 8 hours grinding to just be able to attack the flag ship. ;)

I might also add, that I tried it with the CE Endless Loot Infinite Version, too. It just doesn't want to work..

EDIT: I just tried to use the endless loot v. 1.0 and it worked. Still with the bugs, but still. Could someone provide me the previous versions, please? I don't seem to be able to download them anymore..
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Sat May 31, 2014 12:28 am

Hey sleeper I was wondering if the HighRes shields mod was compatible with CE? Im pretty sure it is since its just a image mod. Heres a link if you need to check it out. Thanks.

http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24982
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sat May 31, 2014 3:59 am

ScubaSteve3465 wrote:Hey sleeper I was wondering if the HighRes shields mod was compatible with CE? Im pretty sure it is since its just a image mod. Heres a link if you need to check it out. Thanks.

http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24982

Yes it is, if you read farther in that thread you will see that Sleeper wants to integrate it directly into CE. ;) I think he should include the high-res shields classic version unless splette finishes a 3D hex one.

sovietbear wrote:Could you make a version without the detailed crew portraits? The humans look okay, and I like the detailed Mantis, Engi and Slug crew. But the Rocks look weird, the shoulder blades on the Lanius don't look sharp, the Crystals look really bubbly instead of edged, and the Zoltan look too cartoonish.

At the request of my fellow Russian... And with the utmost respect for Lord Trilobite and Sleeper...
I HAVE CREATED A LEGITIMATE "PATCH" FOR THE CREW PORTRAITS
It will turn all portraits back to the way they were in vanilla.

Download Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2c74l271qb24j36/CE%20Vanilla%20Portraits%20Patch.ftl
This "patch" will be compatible with all future versions of CE, unless Sleeper adds whole new layers to any of the portraits. :D Perhaps Sleeper might want to add this link to the OP... ;)

Install the patch after CE and anything else that changes the crew portraits, obviously... :geek:

I have also gone ahead and fixed some of the alignment issues from actual vanilla as best I could. Most of the portraits should be more "centered" in the window now.

All I did was change the portraits in the images themselves back to the frames they used from the walking animation. It will be fully compatible with all future versions of CE unless new layers are added and should not affect anything else.

My personal request for Sleeper is to add back in the laser projectiles for Engi, Zoltan, Human, Slug, and Lanius crew. I can't get used to the blocky lasers from vanilla.

Good job Panlew, but this no portraits version will only be compatible for CE 1.216b and I noticed a few other issues too, for example you are missing one of the Zoltan layers...
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Sat May 31, 2014 5:21 am

Hi all, a word of caution to all LP'ers using the CE music add-on.

Just got a copyright Claim on one of the songs.
E-Mail :
Video title: Time for : FTL AE Ep 26 : Stealth?
Copyrighted song: Earthrise
Claimed by: routenote

From YT:
Here are the details:

"SoLaRiS-Earthrise", sound recording administered by: 38:44
routenote

Looks like I'll be getting rid of CE music addon...
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
fugu

Postby fugu » Sat May 31, 2014 6:31 am

There seems to be a graphical glitch with the artillery system for Engi ships.

I've noticed that the learning boost for humanoids seems to work pretty well. Avatars, aside from their lack of need for oxygen, have no real benefits. Why not increase their learning boost, like humanoids, but more so? It fits in CE canon and would decrease the issues with the low health of AI crew.
Jopyth

Postby Jopyth » Sat May 31, 2014 7:00 am

Hi fans of the Captain's Edition! I love this mod, especially the trade system, but I do not like the fact, that trading almost always takes two rebel fleet jumps away, if you do not have a cargo teleporter.

I think some stores should have their own cargo teleporters (I mean they are stores after all, and want customers to trade quickly).

So I made my own mod, that does exactly that: All stores have a 50% chance of having their own cargo teleporter, which will speed up trading from time to time.

The mod thread and download link can be found here. Please give me feedback on the idea, it is the first mod I made so far.