FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
User avatar
Estel
Posts: 465
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:03 am

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.279/Inf 1.267/EL 1.275

Postby Estel » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:51 pm

Can't say much judging by your vague (and log-less) description, but it seems your operating enviromnent (system) may be really messed up.

/Estel
Sepheris
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:36 am

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.279/Inf 1.267/EL 1.275

Postby Sepheris » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:26 am

Okay then, where might I find the logs then? If you're talking about the crashlogs in the FTL folders, it hasn't generated any, much to my own annoyance.

EDIT:
Well, finally got windows to display the dialogue box when a program stops responding. The error message I've gotten from that is AppHangB1. Seems to be a recurring problem across a few Steam games, though I find it odd that it's only a problem when I install this specific mod into FTL. Either way, I'm open to any tips, but I'll be trying some solutions I come across through searching that.
User avatar
Biohazard063
Posts: 403
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:38 pm
Location: Out of bounds
Contact:

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.279/Inf 1.267/EL 1.275

Postby Biohazard063 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:39 am

Sepheris wrote:Okay then, where might I find the logs then? If you're talking about the crashlogs in the FTL folders, it hasn't generated any, much to my own annoyance.

EDIT:
Well, finally got windows to display the dialogue box when a program stops responding. The error message I've gotten from that is AppHangB1. Seems to be a recurring problem across a few Steam games, though I find it odd that it's only a problem when I install this specific mod into FTL. Either way, I'm open to any tips, but I'll be trying some solutions I come across through searching that.

Anything odd in SMM itself when patching in the mods? It also gives a fairly lengthy log.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
Svoi_Chelovek
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:03 am

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.279/Inf 1.267/EL 1.275

Postby Svoi_Chelovek » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:08 am

Hey, guys, I live in Crimea so i cant download Slipstream Mod Manager due to some regional restrictions, and I cant find it anywhere as well, so I had to use GMM, and one of the older version. So, everything was fine, I installed CE and had a great FTL expirience, but when i added Infinte Space addon, game isn't running any more, it just crashes when you start a run. So what should I do in order to play Infinte Space addon?
User avatar
R4V3-0N
Posts: 1289
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:44 am
Location: Last Federation Fleet
Contact:

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.279/Inf 1.267/EL 1.275

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:18 pm

Svoi_Chelovek wrote:Hey, guys, I live in Crimea so i cant download Slipstream Mod Manager due to some regional restrictions, and I cant find it anywhere as well, so I had to use GMM, and one of the older version. So, everything was fine, I installed CE and had a great FTL expirience, but when i added Infinte Space addon, game isn't running any more, it just crashes when you start a run. So what should I do in order to play Infinte Space addon?
what country are you located in and also what websites work for you in terms of download? I could briefly put it up for download on dropbox if that can help you. I do highly suggest using SMM instead of GMM.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
User avatar
Sleeper Service
Posts: 2305
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.279/Inf 1.267/EL 1.275

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:06 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:From what I can see, it's basicly similar to a normal counterpart. but does less/ half system damage with minor trade off's. I was wondering what inspired yo uto do weapons like that- considering you got them nearly everywhere in CE...
Light, normal, heavy scatter laser... flak scatter lasers, swarm missiles, flak swarm missiles, etc. and where did it start.
I wanted to provide some low end versions of weapons that can still do their job when used right. Burst scatter lasers especially where meant as cost efficient shield breaker weapons.

Mines are treated as missile weapon essentially, so they didn't get their own full pool. Their implied characteristics limit what could be done with them to begin with. Their main use is outside of combat.

R4V3-0N wrote:your PSD events and such. I know I could check and try to pull it apart to see how it works but I would like to know how it works in the perspective of possibly having it as a weapon? I am on a spree of making weapon packs recently (with the ballistic mod being at a satisfactory 1.2 version atm, there is still more to come but the bulk of it is done. I will start doing laser and beam weapons now for my next pack) and in the near future I wanted to do spotter equipment. Things like TAG lasers (Target Acquisition Gun) and Narc missile beacon and other spotter 'weapons' in a mod I will make eventually and after seeing some of your weapons such as the PSD beam and laser(? idk, seems high velocity, I only see the explosion part after the part saying "lock on... 1000k.... 900k... etc). I was wondering how easy is that to change that up and have it as a 'weapon' for a player? I do realise that it's just 'advanced' animated bombs and such but still... Also wondering if I can pinch some assets.
So as you have gathered, PDS are hidden bomb weapon with the targeting warning graphic instead of a bomb graphic. How long bombs take to detonate is actually governed by the anim time for their bombs, so a bomb that takes 30 seconds to got through all its anim frames will deal its damage after a 30 seconds delay. There is more to it if you want enemies to use such tag weapons correctly, but for the player side this is the main trick. You can use any assets in CE as long as you give credit to the original creators.

R4V3-0N wrote:Lastly: when FTL: overdrive, in a distant future, ever comes out, or what ever -remake of FTL that is more modder friendly. would you come back and start doing more modding for FTL? I am familiar that you are making your own game now and find CE basicly complete.
I'm working full time on Hyperspace Admirals right now and I don't think its likely that overdrive will get finished. But you never know. But working on a separate game definitely grants a lot more freedom, so I'm not sure whether I'd go back to modding FTL. And without overdrive almost everything has been done already, the game is pushed to its modding limits in my opinion.

R4V3-0N wrote:Also there are rumors that a possible another major update (well major in our terms.) for FTL coming, speculating it to come around summer along with Android OS support. This is based on the fact they were doing android OS stuff after the iPad and also apparently Ben prunty got back to work for FTL again... and if he's making more sounds for FTL, there must be something coming (new sectors?). that's more of the line of theory... Ben prunty did tease us and there is the vague hints on the AE release and such that says there may be some additional stuff- even if it's minor it may open up more FTL opportunities...
Do you have any link for Ben's tease? I'd love to see/hear that in detail.

Sepheris wrote:Fresh install of the game, just CE Resources and Captain's Edition installed, with that load order. Worked at first, but doesn't after returning to after a few hours. Any tips, or shall I just ditch this all again and try in another half a year, see if it wants to work for me then?
No idea whats wrong there, but I have no way to reproduce that problem. Sorry, can't really help you there.
User avatar
R4V3-0N
Posts: 1289
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:44 am
Location: Last Federation Fleet
Contact:

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.279/Inf 1.267/EL 1.275

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:17 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:-snip-


https://twitter.com/benprunty/status/625771374796107776
"I have really cool FTL music news that I've been sitting on for months. I'm SWORN TO SECRECY. Expect real news at the end of summer."

Worst case situation: we get over hyped and it's just 6 or so new songs in game.

Best case situation: mobility friendliness helped again, new race? expansion to events, probably more full integration of some CE like stuff hacking and cargo trading, etc... that is best case btw, technically speaking a lot or nearly nothing can happen so this is what makes this vague tease even more of a tease. Hacking system used to be a 'failed' idea from beta but now properly added so some other pre-release stuff like augments that add +1 shield pierce to beams and so on may come in
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Svoi_Chelovek
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:03 am

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.279/Inf 1.267/EL 1.275

Postby Svoi_Chelovek » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:37 am

R4V3-0N wrote:what country are you located in and also what websites work for you in terms of download? I could briefly put it up for download on dropbox if that can help you. I do highly suggest using SMM instead of GMM.

As you probably know, Republic of Crimea is a territory disputed between Ukraine and Russia, so i can't tell you exactly. I tried to download from here - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17102 but it doesn't work due to 'Executive order 13685'. It would be perfect if you can put it on dropbox, thanks.
User avatar
R4V3-0N
Posts: 1289
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:44 am
Location: Last Federation Fleet
Contact:

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.279/Inf 1.267/EL 1.275

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:06 am

alright, you want it for windows or mac/linux?
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
User avatar
Sleeper Service
Posts: 2305
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.279/Inf 1.267/EL 1.275

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:49 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:
Sleeper Service wrote:-snip-


https://twitter.com/benprunty/status/625771374796107776
"I have really cool FTL music news that I've been sitting on for months. I'm SWORN TO SECRECY. Expect real news at the end of summer."

Worst case situation: we get over hyped and it's just 6 or so new songs in game.

Best case situation: mobility friendliness helped again, new race? expansion to events, probably more full integration of some CE like stuff hacking and cargo trading, etc... that is best case btw, technically speaking a lot or nearly nothing can happen so this is what makes this vague tease even more of a tease. Hacking system used to be a 'failed' idea from beta but now properly added so some other pre-release stuff like augments that add +1 shield pierce to beams and so on may come in
Interesting. I guess that could mean a lot of things really, let's see what happens there.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests