FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sepheris

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.269/Inf 1.267/EL 1.266

Postby Sepheris » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:02 pm

Okay, I made this account because I'm at my wits end. CE was my all time favourite mod to the point that I just couldn't play without it anymore, but I came to play today (having not played for about 6 months), and had to install the game and download the mod and install that too.

I got the game and mod working for a brief while. Made it to the second sector, before the game completely froze on me. I couldn't tab out or open the task manager to quit and had to forcefully shut down my computer. I've now reinstalled FTL several times now, and redownloaded both Slipstream and Captains Edition and the only improvement is that I don't have to shut my computer down to get out of the black screen.

After that, every attempt at the game led to it freezing on the loading screen, the menu screen, the ship select screen, but I've never gotten into the game again. This was when I started downloading everything again and again. I have no other mods loading, I've swapped the load order for CE and the Resource Pack back and forth on the off chance that was wrong too.

Am I just doing something stupid or forgetting something obvious here?
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:18 pm

stylesrj wrote:
And yes, the beacon access kit is OP, I believe it got a nerf a while ago when I mentioned that. Now it has a slight failure chance. But I think the nerf Sleeper input might be bugged. I believe the augment has a failure chance in Hostile sectors, but it should have a higher failure chance in Civilian sectors and Nebula sectors and a low to none failure chance in hostile sectors. :?

I'd agree with you there but some people say hostile sectors are the best places to get scrap as each fight means an opportunity while each beacon is not in a peaceful area.

WHOOPS, I made a mistake, Yes I remembered there was a bug with the nerf Sleeper put in place, but not what I said it was in my last post. There is in fact 0% chance of failure in Hostile sectors and a 25% chance of failure in Civilian Sectors. The problem actually is there is 0% chance of failure in Nebula sectors, which is where the most empty beacons are. :| There should probably be a 25%-40% chance of failure in nebula sectors. Maybe it could even get a very small chance of failure... (10% ?) in hostile sectors, though I don't think it is needed.

The beacon access kit is very useful still, especially if you have nothing else to do at empty beacons. The reason that it needs a failure chance in hostile and nebula sectors though is for the very reason you mentioned. Hostile sectors have a lot more scrap opportunities and part of the risk of going to the other sectors is you could run into a whole lot of nothing, while the Beacon Access Kit lets you visit basically every beacon to find where the something is.

stylesrj wrote:Or give an option to stop intruders beaming aboard with your Zoltan Shield with a good chance of failure. So it'd be like:

"We're taking your ship!"
25% chance - Zoltan Shield foils attempt!
Boarders foiled!
75% - "Hah! We have an augment for that!"
Boarders beam onboard.

Of course the Teleport Indictor is 100% effective and should be bought ASAP if you're using CE Infinite.
Speaking of those events... so the enemy ship is down and they decide to take your ship by force... why can't you loot their wreck? I think it's only sometimes they beam supplies onboard but perhaps after foiling their attempt, you can just attack their ship or the event says "You easily take out their wrecked ship and loot the remains"
I know in the solar flare event you can fight the stranded vessel (with an epic "Actually we do mind!" which made me cheer on the inside loudly)

I really like the idea that maybe a small percentage of the time a Zoltan Shield can block boarders in a event. Maybe a 10-25% chance. HOWEVER, I believe those events are hardcoded to automatically say that they have a Zoltan Shield Bypass unit and I don't think there is any way around that... The Zoltan Shield is already a very very useful augment anyway, especially when you can negotiate surrenders with it in CE.

CE already adds a lot of rewards to boarding events that didn't have rewards previously though. The boarders beam something on board you ship, etc. Not every boarding event gives a reward, but it is still likely enough to make those events worthwhile now. ALSO, You can't give rewards post-invasion because those events work differently than ship based events. (All other events trigger a reward upon the destruction of a ship, and in boarding events there is no ship to destroy. Therefore, the reward must be given at the beginning)

FreedomFighter wrote:
Russian Rockman wrote:It is basically an improved version of the Adv. FTL Navigation from vanilla. It gives a few blue options tih avoiding text based hazards (For example the event where you Can search through an asteroid field). It also allows you to conserve fuel when jumping to a new sector, which is pretty useful for delaying the fleet.

Huh? I never notice the conserve fuel and delay rebel fleet is in effect while i am using it. Maybe i didn't notice it :S
It is cheap anyway. I might get it again to see it closely if i don't get any good augment yet. Btw, which file contain information about ship augmentation? I mean in the Caption Edition.zip. I found out about lot of event but i don't found about augmentation.

You can't really find very good information about the CE augments in the blueprints.xml file because a lot of the CE augments are event based. You could find some useful information on the Captain's Edition WIkia page. I added some more information about augments recently, though that page is still WIP.

Sepheris wrote:Okay, I made this account because I'm at my wits end. CE was my all time favourite mod to the point that I just couldn't play without it anymore, but I came to play today (having not played for about 6 months), and had to install the game and download the mod and install that too.

I got the game and mod working for a brief while. Made it to the second sector, before the game completely froze on me. I couldn't tab out or open the task manager to quit and had to forcefully shut down my computer. I've now reinstalled FTL several times now, and redownloaded both Slipstream and Captains Edition and the only improvement is that I don't have to shut my computer down to get out of the black screen...

Sorry that you are having problems, but I can assure you that CE is working fine for everyone else, I hope I can help figure out what is causing your issues. It sounds like you already reinstalled FTL so your resource files should not be corrupted and it also sounds like you are using an up to date version of Slipstream so I don't think those are your problems.

Could you take a screenshot of your Slipstream mod menu so we can see exactly what mods you are installing and in what order? That is most likely what is causing your crashes.

Also, does the game work fine without EL installed? Because EL requires some people to do certain shenanigans to their memory to get it to work. You can look on the OP for info on that.
Sepheris

Postby Sepheris » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:00 pm

Well, as I said, I'm only using CE and the needed resource pack, but here's a picture anyway;

I've swapped the order on several occasions too, just in case that was it. (Also, was lazy and didn't remove the example mods, but I don't patch them into the game files anyway)

As for the base game itself, yes, that runs fine. Had no issues for the past couple of hours.

I'll give that memory thing a try, but I assumed it was for the Endless Loot Addon only, really.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:36 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:I really like the idea that maybe a small percentage of the time a Zoltan Shield can block boarders in a event. Maybe a 10-25% chance. HOWEVER, I believe those events are hardcoded to automatically say that they have a Zoltan Shield Bypass unit and I don't think there is any way around that... The Zoltan Shield is already a very very useful augment anyway, especially when you can negotiate surrenders with it in CE.

But you can delay the boarders coming onboard the ship so you can throw up the Teleport Indictor. So there should be a blue option in those events called "Let's see if the Zoltan Shield works this time" and in most cases, nope they've got a bypass.

And some of the ship negotiations are just plain... I'd rather destroy the enemy ship than give them fuel or drone parts. Or scrap.

Russian Rockman wrote:CE already adds a lot of rewards to boarding events that didn't have rewards previously though. The boarders beam something on board you ship, etc. Not every boarding event gives a reward, but it is still likely enough to make those events worthwhile now. ALSO, You can't give rewards post-invasion because those events work differently than ship based events. (All other events trigger a reward upon the destruction of a ship, and in boarding events there is no ship to destroy. Therefore, the reward must be given at the beginning)

Actually, I've noticed some of these boarding events have a ship on the screen which could have augments like "emergency respirators" in Lanius-controlled sectors just to annoy people who use "Vent Protocol 23" to deal with boarders.

Then again, the fact that random boarding parties always seem to have a Lanius and/or an AI really irk me.

But yeah there should be an option after foiling the boarder's plan to fight their ship or just "loot their ship effortlessly now that their crew is atomised"
FreedomFighter

Postby FreedomFighter » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:39 pm

Wait, i just got an event about Hyperspace Travel with vanilla CE after jump to the next Sector. This event does not exist in Endless? I never encounter it before.

*Look like Hyperspace Travel only occur in vanilla CE. Or did i do something wrong?
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:49 pm

Issue has been resolved. Thanks for your cooperation.
Last edited by NarnKar on Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:23 am

You are an admin aren't you NarnKar?

I'm going to PM Sleeper and let him know what's up.
Last edited by Russian Rockman on Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:26 am

I'm not a mod, no; I don't recall being promoted to that position, anyway.

I think it was FortunaDraken that started the wiki and has admin privileges, but I haven't seen him around for a while. Sleeper also has admin privileges I think.
Last edited by NarnKar on Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:33 am

NarnKar wrote:I'm not a mod, no; I don't recall being promoted to that position, anyway.

I think it was FortunaDraken that started the wiki and has admin privileges, but I haven't seen him around for a while. Sleeper also has admin privileges I think.

EDIT: Dammit he's at it again, I'm just gonna revert all the pages he touched (which is all of them).

Ah yes, it was FortunaDraken that started it and who I was thinking of, I think we could use a few more mods for the wiki. I'm going to PM Sleeper and tell him what's up. Maybe he can do something about it.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:40 am

The issue has been resolved. Carry on!
Last edited by NarnKar on Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.