FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Trynt33

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.263/Inf 1.26/EL 1.26b

Postby Trynt33 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:45 am

Hey, Mr Service. I'm curious on a small detail for Captain's Edition. Is it possible for human crew members to have more hair colors? Since you managed to give them different uniform colors and skin colors, but will hair colors be a thing too? Or would that take too much of something?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:28 am

Minor problem in CE Infinite:

Several Rebel stations (the ones you can surrender to or have your Mantis parlay and beat them up) come up as the default Rebel Rigger.
They tend to pop up in Nebulae. I've seen a few cargo ships doing the same thing but I didn't think it was much of a big deal since it was an appropriate encounter for the sector.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:42 am

Just a random though I had...

Have you ever considered making some sort of contextual augment for explorers? You have a lot of augments that offer different "meta play-styles" now like the Science Lab, Bounty Hunter Database, Requisition License, and On-Board Production line, but nothing for explorers. A lot of sci-fi games have equipment called something like Exploration/Discovery Scanners that allow you to map out new areas and sell your information.

Perhaps you could have something similar that allow you to locate a point of interest in the sector that has not yet been explored fully? Giving you a quest to go there and learn about it with some potential Star Trek like event. :geek: The rewards could vary similar to the Science Lab augment. You could always at the very least collect information on the unexplored location and sell off the data for scrap, but you could also... maybe find an ancient ruin of some forgotten alien civilization with an unknown power source that you can use to upgrade your reactor, find a new rich mineral deposit that is easily mineable, discover some sort of crazy anomaly that you must survive, discover the beacon is not as unexplored as you thought and is being used as a pirate hideout who's inhabitants are not to happy to have you reveal their location, or discover a new plant or animal species on an unexplored planet that you can sell. Just a few ideas...

And/Or the augment could be very beneficial in unexplored sectors such as Uncharted Nebulae, or Hazard Sectors giving some additional rewards for visiting these sectors.

Anyway, like I said, just a random thought I had. I liked the idea because I've always been the explorer type person in these types of games.
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:04 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:Just a random though I had...

Have you ever considered making some sort of contextual augment for explorers? You have a lot of augments that offer different "meta play-styles" now like the Science Lab, Bounty Hunter Database, Requisition License, and On-Board Production line, but nothing for explorers. A lot of sci-fi games have equipment called something like Exploration/Discovery Scanners that allow you to map out new areas and sell your information.

Perhaps you could have something similar that allow you to locate a point of interest in the sector that has not yet been explored fully? Giving you a quest to go there and learn about it with some potential Star Trek like event. :geek: The rewards could vary similar to the Science Lab augment. You could always at the very least collect information on the unexplored location and sell off the data for scrap, but you could also... maybe find an ancient ruin of some forgotten alien civilization with an unknown power source that you can use to upgrade your reactor, find a new rich mineral deposit that is easily mineable, discover some sort of crazy anomaly that you must survive, discover the beacon is not as unexplored as you thought and is being used as a pirate hideout who's inhabitants are not to happy to have you reveal their location, or discover a new plant or animal species on an unexplored planet that you can sell. Just a few ideas...

And/Or the augment could be very beneficial in unexplored sectors such as Uncharted Nebulae, or Hazard Sectors giving some additional rewards for visiting these sectors.

Anyway, like I said, just a random thought I had. I liked the idea because I've always been the explorer type person in these types of games.

I like this! :D
williamcll

Postby williamcll » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:25 am

Ok this might sound like a really stupid question to all of you but, the game ends after I defeat the flagship instead of continuing on, I have CE infinite installed according to the load list.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:36 am

Ok this might sound like a really stupid question to all of you but, the game ends after I defeat the flagship instead of continuing on, I have CE infinite installed according to the load list.

That's because... the game ends when you defeat the Flagship. It's hardcoded into the game itself and mods can't get rid of that.
williamcll

Postby williamcll » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:40 am

stylesrj wrote:

That's because... the game ends when you defeat the Flagship. It's hardcoded into the game itself and mods can't get rid of that.

Then how do I get into infinite?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:59 am

williamcll wrote:Then how do I get into infinite?

Have you installed the mods in the correct order? Because the infinite space should be available at the exit beacon. It's the option that gives you +1 fuel.
Infinite should go after Captain's Edition.
williamcll

Postby williamcll » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:13 am

stylesrj wrote:
williamcll wrote:Then how do I get into infinite?

Have you installed the mods in the correct order? Because the infinite space should be available at the exit beacon. It's the option that gives you +1 fuel.
Infinite should go after Captain's Edition.

I'm sure, its CE resources>Base mod>music addon>infinite.

Do you have a screenshot? I'm right at the beacon before the last stand.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:24 am

Well if you've already visited the beacon, then it's already too late. Wait for the Rebel fleet to catch up to change the event at the beacon. Should be two options - escape into deep space or spend 10 fuel.

Also, Infinite is best done from the start of the game. I think that might be an issue.