FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.25/Inf 1.25/EL 1.25b

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:51 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:I take it you also saw biohazard's randomized flagship fight. :lol: :lol: :lol: That didn't quite go as planned... Fire Suppression, great idea. Is Slug Repair Gel a thing also?

I think Repair Gel is possible too yeah. (This was the vid in question.)

I'm actually not doing a lot with CE anymore, but there are thousands of people using it and want to keep fixing and optimizing stuff. And its still fun after after all. Doing the greeble thing was quite cool for example, although it was exhausting at times. But I'm pretty much out of ideas now. The mod has extended FTL on pretty much every level, but maybe some new stuff might pop up at some point.

Russian Rockman wrote: And cryo weapons would have to use the crystal lockdown, which looks a bit weird. I'm pretty amazed by all the Captain's Edition weapons, pretty much anything that is possible to add, we already have.

I liked that concept, but defining it as a cryo thing would have been a little weird, as there would have been no way to prevent some strange situations from happening (like freezing a room that is completely on fire :shock: ). But CE already has the "heavy Lockdown" effect, which is basically the cryo effect that was described (crew stunned, aka frozen/crystallized, room blocked). The Crystal Lockdown Bomb Mark II and the Crystal Lockdown Blast Mark II cause this effect.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:36 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:freezing a room that is completely on fire :shock:

Fun fact; this is actually a ship mod that I'm currently making.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:03 am

Even if you are not working on CE as much as you used to. Thank you for not disappearing into the shadows. So many talented people come on here post a couple mods and then disappear while there mods fade into obscurity. I believe that is the main reason why CE has been so popular. It is the only mod that was constantly updated and is still maintained. If you add stuff here and there that will be cool, but I'm happy with how CE is right now.
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:14 am

NarnKar wrote:
Russian Rockman wrote:I take it you also saw biohazard's randomized flagship fight. :lol: :lol: :lol: That didn't quite go as planned...

Wait, where can I see this?

Right here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asi-Ivl ... b5TV4ucCGg
Yeah that went to hell in the blink of an eye.
Even worse when I realized why.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.26/Inf 1.26/EL 1.25b

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:46 pm

Alright, 1.26 is finally done. It features a complete set of ship greeble graphics, a thing originally started by LordTrilobyte. I assume he will also release this as a full stand alone mod at some point. I tried to make this optional, but reverting the greebles while also keeping compatibility with the vanilla player ship addon is kind of annoyingly difficult, so you are all stuck with greebles now. :P

There are also new drones, as mentioned before. And there are some small fixes. I'm especially sorry for not noticing that stealth C did not get its full loadouts since AE is out, but apparently few people where actually bothered by that.

EL 1.26 is also almost done, just waiting on an answer from rann to get the new stuff working. ;)

CE Resource Pack 1.256
- Fancy greeble graphics, some supplied by LordTrilobite, for all player ships added
- Some new drone graphics added

CE Update 1.256
- Successfully surrendering to Slugs works correctly now
- Six drones added (mostly rare crystal drones)
- Crystal drones to the reward list for the special crystal conversation outcome added
- A few selected crystal enemies can use drones now
- Re-implemented and edited weapon rarity overrides for crystal sector
- Scatter Laser Flak power cost decreased
- Fixed a problem that prevented stealth C from getting its full CE loadout
- Some blue options fixed
- Some typos fixed
- Some small fixes

CE Infinite 1.256
- Changes of CE 1.256 imported

EL Texture Pack 1.26
- Graphics for the Phase Ion Drone added

/Edit:
EL is up to speed now, featuring rare "epic" prefixes and many new enemy prefixes.

CE Endless Loot 1.256 for CE and CE Endless Loot 1.256 for CE Infinite
- Changes of CE 1.256 imported
- Added some rarity ratings for prefixes, slightly increasing rarity of certain positive prefixes (which are now marked as "Rare")
- Added some even more rare "Epic" prefixes, each one unique for a certain weapon type
- Fixed another problem that apparently caused radius giving prefixes to decrease projectile count
- More ship prefixes added, many of which are more specific than before
- Ship faction and ship class now strongly influences which prefixes can be applied to the ship in question
- Weapons with special effect chances of 0 will no longer claim that they have a "low" special effect chance on their item card
Russian Rockman

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.26/Inf 1.26/EL 1.26

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:09 am

Wow, I've been waiting to see how the greebles would look when paired with all the ship hulls. I always thought I would prefer looking at the outer hull more, but the greebles look really good and add an extra level of immersion. I especially like all the little details and different style of all the ships, like the alien looking inside of the Zoltan ships, the tiny breaches in the Rock armor, and especially the exotic Crystal ships.
Nider_01

Postby Nider_01 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:27 am

Looks like vanilla loadouts addon conflicts with new ship graphics or something. (mostly type "c" ships) Works fine without addon
http://i.imgur.com/HCmC59J.png
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:06 am

Oops, that has been taken care of:
Download CE Vanilla Player Ship Loadouts Addon 1.261 (MediaFire)

Russian Rockman wrote:Wow, I've been waiting to see how the greebles would look when paired with all the ship hulls. I always thought I would prefer looking at the outer hull more, but the greebles look really good and add an extra level of immersion. I especially like all the little details and different style of all the ships, like the alien looking inside of the Zoltan ships, the tiny breaches in the Rock armor, and especially the exotic Crystal ships.

Thanks! It was a lot of work. Crystal B kind of became my favorite as well. My original concept for the Zoltans was to to imply that there entire ship is made out of this inconceivable kind of wire-fabric, that holds energy and... just makes the the ship work. :D
Sky_line125

Postby Sky_line125 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:39 pm

In CE 1.26 I dont have Boosted Stealth Beam 1 drone texture
My mod list:

Code: Select all

Better Planets and Backgrounds_v1.3.1
CE Resource Pack 1.26
FTL Captains Edition 1.26
CE BPaB Compatibility Patch 1.0
CE Additional Music Addon 1.248
CE Infinite Addon 1.26
EL Texture Pack 1.26
CE Endless Loot Addon for CE Infinite 1.26
CE Non-EL Enemy Loadouts Addon 1.241
randomFlagship
Expanded Enemy Window 1.2
Extended Pursuit Indicator x5 v.1.0

Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.26/Inf 1.26/EL 1.26b

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:38 pm

Nice catch, it was not supposed to be THAT well stealthed. :lol: :roll: :? :| :(

CE Endless Loot 1.26b for CE and CE Endless Loot 1.26b for CE Infinite
- Fixed a problem that prevented "boosted" drones from getting a working drone image assigned