FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Giscard

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.25/Inf 1.25/EL 1.25b

Postby Giscard » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:55 am

Really need help with an issue. Details here: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=26375
If u want a mod from me email me.
They are not compatible with
AE btw
They are:
Maxed out your face! (This is a mod when all the starting ships are maxed, but so are the enemy ships!)
I also have a few extra ship layouts if you want!
FortunaDraken

Postby FortunaDraken » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:23 pm

Has the glitch where the game shuts down on a particular becon type been fixed in the latest build? I haven't upgraded yet (lazy) but I just hit that familiar issue of trying to jump and having the game shut down on me. Annoyingly it seems to be the first becon of the next sector, so I can't avoid it :/ I'm hoping it's fixed because I'm on a really good Infinite run that I wanted to finish.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:07 pm

FortunaDraken wrote:Has the glitch where the game shuts down on a particular becon type been fixed in the latest build?...Annoyingly it seems to be the first becon of the next sector, so I can't avoid it :/

If it's an automated sector, then yes, there was an error upon entering the sector. There was a fix for that somewhere around ~1.24.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:31 pm

FortunaDraken wrote:Has the glitch where the game shuts down on a particular becon type been fixed in the latest build? I haven't upgraded yet (lazy) but I just hit that familiar issue of trying to jump and having the game shut down on me. Annoyingly it seems to be the first becon of the next sector, so I can't avoid it :/ I'm hoping it's fixed because I'm on a really good Infinite run that I wanted to finish.

Crashes on beacon jumps can have various reasons. If you are using an outdated CE version then there is little way to tell if that crash is caused by an old error or an unreported new one. :|
Durmatagno

Postby Durmatagno » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:54 pm

Whenever I try to launch FTL, I get this error. I have read all the troubleshooting information, and have even tried the Large Address Aware thing, and nothing has worked. My only mods installed are CE and the Infinite mods, and I only have this problem with the Endless Loot add on. If I remove it, and the EL textures, my game loads just fine. I have made sure the load order is correct, and now I don't know what to do, I even try running as administrator just to make sure its not something really odd.

http://i.imgur.com/USQIlpu.jpg
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:44 pm

You either have to make even more memory available for FTL or EL simply might not work for you.
FortunaDraken

Postby FortunaDraken » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:18 pm

I'm using CE 1.245 so it's not that far behind, but I do need to update. The bug happened whether or not I went further into Deep Space or onto the next sector. I'll see whether or not it happens again when I update and report back.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:26 pm

IndustrialRobot wrote:I am also having the same problem with Endless Loot, and have read through troubleshooting.
After you mentioned allowing more memory, could you answer me this question:
Exactly how MUCH memory is needed to run the entire thing, if you could somehow figure it out.

I can't answer that, cause I can't reproduce the problem. EL just works for me, but maybe someone who had the same problem can help.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:49 pm

Are you looking for a new FTL endgame challenge? Check out our new Flagship Randomizer!

Sorry, I'm going to repeat this one more time because you didn't respond before.

You should REALLY advertise the Flagship Randomizer a bit more, since you and rannl put so much work into it. Right now it only gets this single line at the bottom of the OP Intro. Nobody reads that far down... :lol: And it's not in bold, or bigger type font, or anything. At least add a picture or something!!! :mrgreen: People LOVE pictures! In my opinion it deserves to be as visible as the Endless Loot links.

And on the actual Flagship Randomizer page, if you haven't already, you should also put a pointer to rannl's Player Ships randomizer tool, since he put a link to the Flagship Ranomizer on that page.

Thanks for all your work on creating all of this randomness by the way, it really improves the game, since FTL is all about random.

ON A DIFFERENT NOTE: I noticed that using the ASB weapons battery augment always causes the background to change and switch the planets position and or image. Is there any way to change that? Or is that just a side effect we have to deal with?
FortunaDraken

Postby FortunaDraken » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:38 am

This popped up when I arrived at a new becon. There was no enemy, and I don't even have that augment.

EDIT: And I'm on the latest build now, so yeah, new/remaining bug