FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
el Rago

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.23/Inf 1.23/EL 1.23

Postby el Rago » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:12 am

Cory, I did all of that. The thing is that my system is 32-bit, so maybe the problem sits there. SMM hangs at the black screen while loading EL.
Estel

Postby Estel » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:02 am

Guys, this thing would be better discussed in SMM's thread. Thanks.

/Estel
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:35 pm

Hey all,

Don't know if this is a bug or not but seems to be one.
And I'd rather not tell you about it cause it ended up being a small positive on my end :lol:
But seriously though.

Used the Ion field combat augment on the flagship and it didn't take away the 3 power it usually does whilst still taking away a layer of shields. In case you were wondering, yes it happened on all 3 stages with the same result. I can provide pics if needed but I think it's pretty obvious what I mean.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:35 pm

Yeah I noticed that as well. Will be fixed in the next update. ;)

R&D news
Auto sector is done but still needs some testing. Time to work in all these bug reports I guess...
condonzack

Postby condonzack » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:57 pm

I really like the auto construction stuff. I feel like it helps explain how the rebellion managed to be so successful. I personally hold to the the whole "military coup" theory: after a war with aliens, likely with the mantis, a ton of the military elite refused to accept the cease fire on grounds of wanting to kill aliens. The construction drones explain where all their infrastructure comes from: allies in the construction companies used their resources and re-purposed building droned into killing drones.
Estel

Postby Estel » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:34 am

Sleeper Service wrote:Time to work in all these bug reports I guess...

then I'll hurry up with small report supplement, I guess ;)

Bugs
1. There is event in the last stand, where we're able to help Fed settlement, that gets bombarded by rebel cruiser. After smashing the latter, settlement tell us about newly build repair station, that can help us with repairs and resources. Hoever, no such additional repair station appears on map. I guess the same event can be experienced in Fed sector, and probably, it works OK there? (Severity: Minor)

2. This outcome of talking with Engi is obsolete (especially, that other outcome says about the same system being widely available around galactic):
http://s14.postimg.org/yrsxfbey9/depreciated.jpg

(Severity: Cosmetic)

BTW, in this one instance, the event *made* sense - this engi was an "ancient" one, recovered from a crash site on the four-legged horse's planet. It was OK, that he had a "little" outdated informations ;) (although, 2 beacons later, he was the one to speak about system being widely available - maybe he managed to make contact with Engi collective and updated itself?)

Suggestions:
1. In the event with science station that caught lab fire, we're able to send various things - drones, Rockman, etc. AI think that Lanius should give blue option too, because they're extremely good at putting down big fires (by just draining oxygen from said room). In most cases, they put down fires much faster than rocks.

2. There is this event with Fed station that is seemingly empty of lifeforms - if we board it, we find corpses of Fed personnel. One of the presumably dead staff moves a little, and it's found that he is, miraculously, still alive. We can perform first aid to no avail, or, presumably, use advanced medbay. Hoever, cloning doesn't offer anything here.

It think it is just an overlook, especially, that in seemingly identical situation (recent battlefield in nebula, the one that can give ABADOTH quest), we can use clone bay to recover mortally wounded person (after collecting samples and letting previous "host" die - creepy stuff).

3. I'm not entirely sure if this weapon/drones mix is OK for sector one:
http://s14.postimg.org/7703o1xf5/def2.jpg

Note the super-advanced defense drone, that shots down everything, and charges in just 3 seconds, or so... OK, bombs could try to screw him (albeit with rather low chance of success, with 2 engis repairing drone control), for ships that starts with one... But still, the pernach and laser combo still takes you out, while you desperately fight to keep drone disabled, no matter what you're flying. Even the boarding ships would have biig trouble here (remember, sector one).

OTOH, I wouldn't have anything against him in sector 2, as since then, you should be able to at least run from him. Which isn't bad, from time to time ;)
---

Had another success on CE Hard:
http://s14.postimg.org/thnyo0upd/lanius.jpg

This run was quite special, as I've, also, managed to get the "scrap hoarder" achievement - which is no small deal on CE Hard, as keeping 600 scrap in holds (collecting from late sector 6, through sector 7) makes your ship being really behind schedule with upgrades. I wasn't even sure if this achiev is possible in CE hard outside of IF, but teleport + laniuses + hacking medbay proved that it wasn't even such a big deal to get through, and even win at the same run.

BTW, again I've bought backup DNA bank (considering heavy reliance on boarding Laniuses), and again, it was never used in practice. Well, I guess, that I was more relaxed having it, at least ;) As for Laniuses - I've got 3th one as a Translator (very clever event, no idea if it's vanilla or CE, I would bet blindly that CE), while 4th one got reproduced (for no small amount of 51 scrap, delayed my hoarder achiev., a little). Thanks to them, smashing auto-drones from inside, and killing the heck out of every living hostile (hacking medbay is really awesome), I've shot anything only few times between sectors 6 and 7, which allowed me to hoard missiles against Flagship, even without engineering ammo press. I got barely enough, as you may see from picture, so I got sure to kill whole flagship crew in phase one, to allow my Laniuses running quite undisturbed around Flagship. I thought that phase 3 will have AP drone there, but it got only few repair ones, which got scrapped pretty quickly, obviously.

End result - 3th place on my highest scores, but really great sense of achievement, not to mention that it unclocked me a Lanius B, finally (no loss of cabin pressure achiev., as I've forget to vent air out on beacon one - so, scrap hoarder was my only chance this run. Had "Advanced Mastery" earlier.)

Cheers,
/Estel
Nider_01

Postby Nider_01 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:19 pm

Chat bot detected! :evil:
Nider_01

Postby Nider_01 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:21 pm

Can you include an updated version of Detailed Crew Portrait Graphics?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:03 pm

Sure, I already worked that in. Will be included in the next update.
Nider_01

Postby Nider_01 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:05 am

Bug report: Combat augs won't consume power if you use them against Rebel Flagship