FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
User avatar
Sleeper Service
Posts: 2305
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.216b/Inf 1.216/EL 1.216b

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon May 26, 2014 5:38 pm

Biohazard063 wrote:ound another bug (version 1.216), this one with stealth C

Alright, has been taken care of.

CE Update 1.216b
- Left gib for the pirate version of the slug interceptor type c fixed
- Cloak images for Lanius type C enemies fixed
- Stealth C artillery room doors fixed

Russian Rockman wrote: I'm pretty sure STALEMATE_SURRENDER only triggers after "waiting" at a beacon?

Nope, that triggers in any fight you are having with zero fuel.

Russian Rockman wrote:<choice req="hacking" lvl="1" max_group="0" hidden="true">
See... What is "max_group"???

That will display only one of the choices that require that have the same requirement. Does not have so much to do with forcing blue options.

Russian Rockman wrote:If you wanted to though I don't think it would actually be that difficult to implement rising power costs for using multiple combat augments.
You could just have the first one cost (-2 power),
--> Choosing to activate the second one would immediately remove another (-5 power)
---------->Choose which 2nd combat augment you want
------------------>Choose to use a third combat augment (-10 power)
-------------------------->Choose which 3rd combat augment you want
------------------>Change your mind (clear +5 power)
---------->Change your mind (clear +2 power)
Or something like that...

Yeah, or something like that. Its actually not that trivial. Only one system modify tag can take effect, so it would require custom event trees for each possible aug combination. These are already there for two augments, but a third one would swell the involved event trees a lot. Also each of these choices need to check your max reactor power to prevent crashes, meaning there has to be a second layer of choices between each of theses which does make the whole aug use way less streamlined. You wont be able to choose your combat aug immediately when the fight starts, instead you'll have to go through the double checks that verify your reactor each time.
Russian Rockman
Posts: 819
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:43 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.216b/Inf 1.216/EL 1.216b

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon May 26, 2014 7:24 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:
Russian Rockman wrote: I'm pretty sure STALEMATE_SURRENDER only triggers after "waiting" at a beacon?

Nope, that triggers in any fight you are having with zero fuel.

Hmm... Well it still might not trigger fast enough to make the event not work right. It should significantly reduce the player's LS still. Only problem is the STALEMATE text might not be consistent with the event.

Sleeper Service wrote:
Russian Rockman wrote:<choice req="hacking" lvl="1" max_group="0" hidden="true">
See... What is "max_group"???

That will display only one of the choices that require that have the same requirement. Does not have so much to do with forcing blue options.

Ahhhh... Gotcha. Well that is some kind of improvement at least... Forcing blue options would have been useful though.

Sleeper Service wrote:IYeah, or something like that. Its actually not that trivial. Only one system modify tag can take effect, so it would require custom event trees for each possible aug combination. These are already there for two augments, but a third one would swell the involved event trees a lot. Also each of these choices need to check your max reactor power to prevent crashes, meaning there has to be a second layer of choices between each of theses which does make the whole aug use way less streamlined. You wont be able to choose your combat aug immediately when the fight starts, instead you'll have to go through the double checks that verify your reactor each time.

Yeah, I don't really like the idea of combat augments using reactor power any more anyway. In fact after thinking about it I am against it for all the reasons I said in my last post. Since most of the augments are defensive, I realized, it wouldn't be nice for them to use up your power. :roll:

I will think of other ways to use refactor loss/limit/clear. ;) I like your ideas for it so far
Zephyr256k
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 8:32 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.216b/Inf 1.216/EL 1.216b

Postby Zephyr256k » Mon May 26, 2014 9:40 pm

Getting this error that's preventing me from patching:

Code: Select all

[AWT-EventQueue-0] ERROR net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModUtilities - Error while validating mod: FTL Captains Edition 1.216b.ftl java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid entry size (expected 53030 but got 53506 bytes)


tried redownloading the .ftl file, got:

Code: Select all

[AWT-EventQueue-0] ERROR net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModUtilities - Error while validating mod: FTL Captains Edition 1.216b.ftl java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid entry size (expected 75279 but got 75296 bytes)


Same error, but different expected and found values. Redownloading multiple times yields the same result, every time the expected and found sizes are different from each other and the last time.

Also tried redownloading SMM and verifying integrity of game cache, with no apparent effect on the problem.

First time modding FTL, clean Steam install, Windows 7 x64 etc.
fugu
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 11:39 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.216b/Inf 1.216/EL 1.216b

Postby fugu » Tue May 27, 2014 5:15 am

I think the bounty hunter event needs to be nerfed. In its current state, it's almost impossible to defeat unless you have lanius/AI crew, boarders, a clone-bay, and some sort of protection against the fire-missile drones. The offensive combination rapidly suffocates any crew that don't happen to be killed by the boarder. It's very, very hard to survive that event and it feels too overpowered.
Russian Rockman
Posts: 819
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:43 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.216b/Inf 1.216/EL 1.216b

Postby Russian Rockman » Tue May 27, 2014 8:58 am

fugu wrote:I think the bounty hunter event needs to be nerfed. In its current state, it's almost impossible to defeat unless you have lanius/AI crew, boarders, a clone-bay, and some sort of protection against the fire-missile drones. The offensive combination rapidly suffocates any crew that don't happen to be killed by the boarder. It's very, very hard to survive that event and it feels too overpowered.


But that's the point!!! :lol: I've defeated it without any of those things. ;)
Torchwood202
Posts: 132
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:10 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.216b/Inf 1.216/EL 1.216b

Postby Torchwood202 » Tue May 27, 2014 1:00 pm

Just something I should have mentioned long ago, Slug Ship C's artillery doesn't work. When you purchase it, it doesn't show a description and will not charge if powered.
Nider_01
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:40 am

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.216b/Inf 1.216/EL 1.216b

Postby Nider_01 » Tue May 27, 2014 1:14 pm

Slug Ship C's artillery doesn't work

It works fine for me :?
Last edited by Nider_01 on Tue May 27, 2014 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nider_01
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:40 am

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.216b/Inf 1.216/EL 1.216b

Postby Nider_01 » Tue May 27, 2014 1:17 pm

I just saw a TIP about encased systems at the starting event...
User avatar
Sleeper Service
Posts: 2305
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.216b/Inf 1.216/EL 1.216b

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue May 27, 2014 1:37 pm

Yeah, I tested it and it works fine for me as well. Are all you mod components up to date?
BlueTemplar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:48 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.216b/Inf 1.216/EL 1.216b

Postby BlueTemplar » Tue May 27, 2014 6:03 pm

Would it be too much of a bother to set up a SVN? It's somewhat time intensive to have to check and re-download the whole mod every few days, and I suppose that on your side too, uploading a new version of the mod on mediafire is somewhat of a chore...

Example of a mod using SVN :
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost. ... ostcount=1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests