FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.215/Inf 1.215/EL 1.215

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon May 19, 2014 11:17 pm

OK, minor update again, mostly to get theses meta warnings on the artillery system into EL as well.

CE Update 1.215
- Cooldown of the standard focus beams slightly increased
- Gunboat class gibs fixed
- Some small fixes
- Rock Missile Barge fourth weapon mount properly attached

CE Infinite 1.214
- Changes of CE 1.215 imported

CE Endless Loot 1.215 for CE and CE Endless Loot 1.215 for CE Infinite
- Changes of CE 1.215 imported
James Gryphon

Postby James Gryphon » Tue May 20, 2014 1:06 pm

Installed the FTL AE update not long after it came out and played around with it for the past few weeks (or however long)... eventually, though, it was getting kinda boring. Captain's Edition was still getting good reviews, so I figured I'd load it up. Installed it (after making some of my own changes to the event texts) and it plays really well. I'm thinking about installing the Infinite version to see how that works.

A good mod, though, would not in itself have inspired me to make this review. After all, there are plenty of good mods for games and plenty of people to write reviews of them. What clinched it for me was the music. I have to confess that I saw there was an option for a music add-on, I have to say I didn't have very high hopes for it. I downloaded it anyway since I didn't want to miss out, but the fellow that did the original FTL music was brilliant, and I figured that the CE additions would be badly out of place.

Well, they are different, but in a terribly great way. I mean that literally -- the Quarantine music in particular can send shivers down your spine. I get the impression that the author(s) were aiming for a horror-type feel there, and they were quite successful. Even when my ship isn't really in any immediate danger, I find that I feel more grim when I'm in that type of sector than elsewhere, and that's a testimony to the skill of whoever made these tracks.

I didn't look at the credits, so I'm not sure who did the music, but send them my regards. It works.
Kiloku

Postby Kiloku » Tue May 20, 2014 7:07 pm

Hey everybody. I just submitted the first beta for an add-on I've been developing for FTL:CE (and EL). It adds a nifty weapon building feature to CE, you can check out the thread here, I hope you all like it. I tested it with FTL:CE 1.215 and found no bugs. (Both in regular in-game situations and using Taxi Service's awesome Mod Testing Environment), so I believe it's fit for public testing :D
(I do suggest only using it with a new save, though, instead of installing it mid-game. While I didn't have any trouble, I didn't try this a lot.)
Last edited by Kiloku on Tue May 20, 2014 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
123nick

Postby 123nick » Tue May 20, 2014 9:09 pm

Help! sorry if you have a different systems for bug reports, or if this is a common bug, but when i have beam drones that have a low velocity or high velocity or any projectile velocity changing prefix, it doesent shoot beams. it moves around the enemy ship, and it gets ready to shoot, but then it just moves on instead of firing. can it be made possible to stop beam drones getting low velocity prefix in EL?
fugu

Postby fugu » Wed May 21, 2014 1:42 am

This laser appears to be capable of firing missiles. Bug?

It also depowers itself when out of missiles.
firsTraveler

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.214c/Inf 1.214b/EL 1.213

Postby firsTraveler » Wed May 21, 2014 7:00 am

R4V3-0N wrote:In his deffense, Media fire does seem a bit... confussing, with about 5 or 6 buttons saying download while most of them isn't the file you wanted to download and it has spammed pop up adds and other adds and stuff. but that's only when I went on it. So the malware idea could have spawned by the fact there is dodgy stuff everywhere, could be that I and him isn't running an add blocker or a good one. :roll: this is one of the reasons most people want a dropbox download.

Norton IDs it as malware when accessing with Chrome.
Nicb1

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.214c/Inf 1.214b/EL 1.213

Postby Nicb1 » Wed May 21, 2014 8:30 am

firsTraveler wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote:In his deffense, Media fire does seem a bit... confussing, with about 5 or 6 buttons saying download while most of them isn't the file you wanted to download and it has spammed pop up adds and other adds and stuff. but that's only when I went on it. So the malware idea could have spawned by the fact there is dodgy stuff everywhere, could be that I and him isn't running an add blocker or a good one. :roll: this is one of the reasons most people want a dropbox download.

Norton IDs it as malware when accessing with Chrome.

Why the heck are you using Norton antivirus. It's commonly known as one of the worst antivirus programs out there.
It's most likely a false positive that its throwing you. But take my advice uninstall norton and install a half competent antivirus.
CoryStarkiller

Postby CoryStarkiller » Wed May 21, 2014 8:44 am

Anyone that isn't using Adblock in 2014 has bigger problems than confusing Mediafire buttons.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed May 21, 2014 8:49 am

Not everyone is a computer wiz who can build a super computer using parts only costing 500 dollars and knows all the good free programs and stuff and how to do free downloads without walking into a trojan virus trap. :roll:

I'm stuck using Norton , Internet explorer, and Windows 8. Was norton 360 a waste of money? nope, I didn't pay for it, same thing with the windows 8 bit.

How ever I use internet explorer just because I like it but I do my work and foruming on google chrome as I tend to do extreme mutli tabing >.>

Anyway, I wounder if sleeper is going to make a new weapon series soon.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed May 21, 2014 10:25 am

You guys can use whatever programs or OS you like of course. But I'd like to point out that I provided a clean download here and that it is in the users own responsibility to navigate the Internet safely. :roll: IMO its not fair to put the blame on the mod if users decide to click on adds present on the download side. It is in your own power to block these or at last check what you are clicking on. I'm aware that mediafire is not an optimal hosting site but unless anyone suggests a feasible alternative, you'll be stuck with it. I did not find any other sites with limitless download bandwidth and reasonable amount of cloudspace so far.

James Gryphon wrote:A good mod, though, would not in itself have inspired me to make this review. After all, there are plenty of good mods for games and plenty of people to write reviews of them. What clinched it for me was the music. I have to confess that I saw there was an option for a music add-on, I have to say I didn't have very high hopes for it. I downloaded it anyway since I didn't want to miss out, but the fellow that did the original FTL music was brilliant, and I figured that the CE additions would be badly out of place.

Well, they are different, but in a terribly great way. I mean that literally -- the Quarantine music in particular can send shivers down your spine. I get the impression that the author(s) were aiming for a horror-type feel there, and they were quite successful. Even when my ship isn't really in any immediate danger, I find that I feel more grim when I'm in that type of sector than elsewhere, and that's a testimony to the skill of whoever made these tracks.

The quarantine themes are from the OST to Era of the Dead. You can give the actors credit on Jamendo if you like. ;)