FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Torchwood202

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.208c/Inf 1.209/EL 0.98i

Postby Torchwood202 » Fri May 09, 2014 9:57 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:You are not aware that there already is the AI controlled sector, right? Cause what you described is pretty much exactly what that sector is. ;) It's a red one and it can only appear once per run, at sector five or late. Have fun there.

Nah, I knew there was a AI Controlled Sector, but I have yet to find it :?
I had no idea I was describing it as is, not just a Homeworld. Sorry :lol:
oesis

Postby oesis » Sat May 10, 2014 12:54 am

Is there any way to find out the hidden stats of the items in CE. Specifically drones, CE added a bunch of new drones, but I can't find any details on them past the snipet in game. I was looking for how fast they attack, so I could compare the various drones to each other.
burningvigor

Postby burningvigor » Sat May 10, 2014 3:00 am

I doubt this is possible, but is there a way to see what the enemies weapons do when we hover over them?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat May 10, 2014 10:52 am

oesis wrote:Is there any way to find out the hidden stats of the items in CE. Specifically drones, CE added a bunch of new drones, but I can't find any details on them past the snipet in game. I was looking for how fast they attack, so I could compare the various drones to each other.

You could read through their blueprints in the mod file. Just unpack the mod file with an archive manager (.ftl is just a renamed .zip file.) The drone blueprints are stored in blueprints.xml.append.

burningvigor wrote:I doubt this is possible, but is there a way to see what the enemies weapons do when we hover over them?

That is indeed impossible. But if you start memorizing weapon designs from what you get and read through anything available in shops then you will eventually get a good grasp what which kind of weapons does. Just like in vanilla originally.
Menisayn

Postby Menisayn » Sat May 10, 2014 2:43 pm

First of all, awesome work with the mod, I'm enjoying it a lot so far.
However, I just encountered a game crash bug that ended my first run (on easy mode). Whenever I jump to a specific beacon the game will crash. Unfortunately, I can't avoid that since the beacon is the only one connected to the exit.
Edit: Found a workaround, had to jump around long enough for the rebel fleet to get to that beacon.

Here are the details requested in the OP:
Sector name is Contested Deep Space, Nebula event with a possible ship detected.

I also have the ae_prof.sav and continue.sav where the bug occurs. Here are zippyshare-links to them (please let me know if I should use some other site for that or e-mail them directly to someone):
ae_prof - bug.sav
http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/47623373/file.html
continue - bug.sav
http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/33662796/file.html

I'm using the following mods (copied from modorder.txt)
Beginning Scrap Advantage 1.1
Engi Scrap Advantage 1.1
Better Planets and Backgrounds_v1.3.1
FTL Captains Edition 1.208c
CE BPaB Compatibility Patch 1.0
CE Infinite Addon 1.209
EL Texture Pack 0.98
CE Endless Loot Addon for CE Infinite 0.98i (beta)
CE Non-EL Enemy Loadouts Addon 1.0
CE Player Ship Vanilla Loadouts Addon 1.204
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sat May 10, 2014 3:46 pm

Menisayn wrote:First of all, awesome work with the mod, I'm enjoying it a lot so far.
However, I just encountered a game crash bug that ended my first run (on easy mode). Whenever I jump to a specific beacon the game will crash. Unfortunately, I can't avoid that since the beacon is the only one connected to the exit.
Edit: Found a workaround, had to jump around long enough for the rebel fleet to get to that beacon.

Here are the details requested in the OP:

:D I think that's the most thorough report for a single bug I've ever seen on this thread. EVER. Good job. Glad you got pas that beacon.
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.21/Inf 1.21/EL 1.0

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat May 10, 2014 7:11 pm

Thanks for the detailed report, I think I got that one.

Update 1.21 is here, bringing some new guns and completely overhauled ship graphics for the AIs. The sentient Avatars should even more feel like a fully fleshed out faction now. Encountering their ships will still be somewhat rare, as they can only be found in AI controlled sectors right now. You still see more of them then, let's say, crystal ships of course. The AI faction also has been slightly reworked in terms of what tactics, weapons and augments they use and how their ships are structured.

EL is also settling in. With most prefixes working correctly now and the more odd stuff purged we kind of passed the beta stage with that. But please continue to report if you find prefixes that appear odd or broken to you on certain weapons. Rannl took the time to generate visual variants for projectiles, so the projectiles will now also change if weapons or drones have certain prefixes. And there is a bunch of all new prefixes as well. Note that the texture pack and the Non-El Enemy Loadouts Addon also had to be updated to accommodate all these changes.

Further a lot of small bugs have been fixed. Thanks once more for all your but bug reports.

Enjoy!

AI Bomber

CE Update 1.21
- DE: One drone reworked
- BA: Seven new weapons added
- Some rare crystal weapons now cause a "heavy lockdown" effect
- All CE weapons will be labeled with more appropriate "type" tags now
- Emergency Respirators are Adaptive Gel Suits now and have their effect improved, as well as some blue options added
- Unique ship and station hull images for the rogue AI faction added
- All rogue AI ship and station layouts reworked
- A couple of rare outcomes for encounters with the Rebel fleet added
- You can now attempt to salvage ships in encounters with the Rebel fleet (its as bad as an idea as it sounds)
- You can now break truce with auto stations
- AI nano bot clouds and the perfect storm now also affect AE systems
- Events that do hidden system resets now also reset AE systems
- AI Hacker and AI Instigator no longer have oxygen systems
- AI Hacker is no longer crewed by Zoltan
- Light Scatter drone uses the correct impact graphic now
- Getting wasted with your Slug buddy works correctly now
- "Attack the slaver scum" option no longer prevents you from using combat augments
- Fuel Recycler works correctly now when the player is out of fuel and activates the distress beacon
- Magnetic Anomaly Hazard will telegraph more clearly what it does now
- Militia Hacker clonebay room fixed
- Some small fixes

CE Infinite 1.21
- Changes of CE 1.209 imported
- Crew cost increased
- Repair gear is no longer available in CE Infinite
- One bad event ID from deep space nebula list removed

EL Texture Pack 1.0
- Changes of CE 1.21 imported

CE Endless Loot 1.0 for CE and CE Endless Loot 1.0 for CE Infinite
- Most Prefixes now affect projectile graphics
- Some prefixes now affect beam color
- "Optimized" can no longer apply to weapons that only use two power
- "Pulse" can no longer apply to missiles, as these have their own ion prefix already
- A couple new prefixes suggested by Rannl added
- A few small problems with prefixes fixed

CE Non-El Enemy Loadouts Addon 1.1
- Changes of CE 1.21 imported
Bziur

Postby Bziur » Sat May 10, 2014 7:13 pm

So I seem to have memory problem when loading endless loot texture pack,
the thing is without the texture pack I seem to have around 500MB of available memory,
and the texture pack is only 100MB, so how does it work i don't honestly know.

Anyways, is there any way to get older endless loot plugin without the texture pack requirement?
I can't use it like this :(

and stdout

Code: Select all

Audio Initialized!
Could not allocate enough memory for the image data.
Could not allocate enough memory for the image data.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat May 10, 2014 7:17 pm

Allowing FTL to use more memory might fix that. You can google how that works.
Bziur

Postby Bziur » Sat May 10, 2014 7:31 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Allowing FTL to use more memory might fix that. You can google how that works.

Well that could help if I had more ;) Because apparently it uses it all. Any chance of previous version? :)