FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.207b/Inf 1.207/EL 0.97c

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:42 am

That is amazing! Thanks for looking into this, I'll quote you in the OP. ;)
Nicb1

Postby Nicb1 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:51 am

Glad I could help :D
Would be a shame if a problem like this hindered the development of such a great mod.
Continuity

Postby Continuity » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:36 pm

I was also unable to use CE+INF+EL with 1.5.10 until I made FTLgame.exe Large Address Aware.

Thanks for the tip, Nicb1. I had done that in the past for some games that were somewhat unstable over time due to coming close to the 2GB address space limit, but I had no idea FTL could come so close, even modded. :P
Zaisher

Postby Zaisher » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:49 pm

theres an error with the lanius conversation event your he offers to repair your hull it CAUSES damage instead of repairing despite it being succesful :?its the one where he asks for minerals to do the "quest" I lost all my missels and a ton of scrap only to get damaged
05eolsale

Postby 05eolsale » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:56 pm

Zaisher wrote:theres an error with the lanius conversation event your he offers to repair your hull it CAUSES damage instead of repairing despite it being succesful :?its the one where he asks for minerals to do the "quest" I lost all my missels and a ton of scrap only to get damaged

same happened to me i took 10 damage and it cost me 50 scrap worth of items
Bamboori

Postby Bamboori » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:17 pm

i installed the following mods:

Code: Select all

Beginning Scrap Advantage 1.1
Engi Scrap Advantage 1.1
FTL Captains Edition 1.207b
CE Additional Music Addon 1.203
CE Infinite Addon 1.207
CE Endless Loot Addon for CE Infinite 0.97c (beta)
CE Non-EL Enemy Loadouts Addon 1.0
CE Player Ship Vanilla Loadouts Addon 1.204

in this order.
i was playing happily for some hours until the game froze up (music was still playing tho).
is this also related to the memory allocation thing? i hope its not because i only have 2gb of ram :(

my crashlog:

Code: Select all

Version =  1.5.10

Stack Trace:

1 - 0x006e5ffa
2 - 0x00406e9a
3 - 0x0065b598
4 - 0x0074f7eb
5 - 0x004010fd
6 - 0x76ec9f72 RtlInitializeExceptionChain
7 - 0x76ec9f45 RtlInitializeExceptionChain

EDIT:
i just saw i had an autosave, right before the death beacon jump :D
i was about to jump into a nebula btw, in a ? sector
Estel

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.207b/Inf 1.207/EL 0.97

Postby Estel » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:33 pm

Kartoffelr wrote:So, did anyone yet manage to kill the boss?
(...)
The changed room layout makes boarding impossible with anything below 4 skilled mantis.

In fact, 4 rocks work even better, due to being able to withstand more damage = more time for damaging stuff, better chance of pulling them back alive, possibility to set room on fire and keep rocks there (which makes them unkillable in 4-tiles rooms set completely on fire), etc.

Russian Rockman wrote:I've managed to beat the boss on hard with 4 different ships so far.

I assume it was on vanilla? Or I just sucks at this and you're super-pro FTL player.

//Edit

Russian Rockman wrote:That was actually on vanilla. ;) :D I recommend the 2 glaive beams + lvl 4 artillery + lvl 3 hacking to anyone that gets pissed at FTL. It was amazing. Both hose were no mods, no cheating.

Ah, thought so. Wait 'till you start playing CE on Hard. You will cry a lot and It will laugh at you recommended system layout. Laugh hard and loudly ;)

Anyway, chapeau bas to Nicb1, for finding the cause and solution! That was amazing, dude.

Sleeper, in case it got missed in the grant debugging sessions, I've posted quite large bug report day before yesterday, like... Ten pages ago. There was also a guy that claim Defense Drone II can't shot swarms, while Defense Drone I can. No that I suggest you're unaware or anything, it would be just nice if those reports wouldn't be in vain, due to accidental overlook :)

BTW, I'm the only one, who think that CE&co, in it's current state, would benefit much from proper bug reporting system, like, bugzilla? You know, the one, where maintainer can acknowledge getting report by one click, or ask for more details/comments, bugs can be assigned, etc? Just say a word, and I can spend some time setting it up for CE :)

/Estel
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:52 pm

Estel wrote:Sleeper, in case it got missed in the grant debugging sessions, I've posted quite large bug report day before yesterday, like... Ten pages ago. There was also a guy that claim Defense Drone II can't shot swarms, while Defense Drone I can. No that I suggest you're unaware or anything, it would be just nice if those reports wouldn't be in vain, due to accidental overlook :)

It's alright, I added these to the list. Thanks for the reminder though.

Estel wrote:BTW, I'm the only one, who think that CE&co, in it's current state, would benefit much from proper bug reporting system, like, bugzilla? You know, the one, where maintainer can acknowledge getting report by one click, or ask for more details/comments, bugs can be assigned, etc? Just say a word, and I can spend some time setting it up for CE :)

I don't know about that service, but IMO it works fine as it is. Do you have to sign up for that? Also I find it rather inconvenient to redirect users to another site for the reports. Just posting them here does work, doesn't it? I actually read and file all reports, I just do not reply to each individually...
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:48 am

I have a request/suggestion... :)

I think "SOMEONE..." should recolor the enemy Lanius ships and station using the type B colors. Also, we could use 1 or 2 other brand new designs for the enemy Lanius ships, since there are only 2 of them.

I wish I had the ability to do that. But if you're out there Someone I would really appreciate you doing this. ;) Right now the Lanius ships are the only ones in CE that don't have alternate designs.

I did manage to make this yellow Lanius ship though... Probably still need to redo the coloring a bit. I did it real quick just using filters in GIMP, even a noob like me can do that...
http://imgur.com/CMYSNo1
And a big ass Lanius "station" that would never fit in game... just for fun. ;)
http://imgur.com/PKt2RL2
CoryStarkiller

Postby CoryStarkiller » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:13 am

Nicb1 wrote:GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!
I got Endless Loot 0.97 working by using a program to allow FTL to access more ram.
You just have to apply this fix to the FTLgame.exe and it'll launch without any issues.
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threa ... re.112556/
I just tested the game properly after applying this patch and it runs perfectly :)

Yes, this is perfect. Thank you.

Also THANK YOU Sleeper Service for making EL 0.97 compatible with 1.5.10!!!
You have been very dedicated to this project, and we all owe you a great deal!