FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Estel

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.206/Inf 1.206/EL 0.96

Postby Estel » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:26 pm

Good to hear that :) I'm planning to upgrade my system for a x64 Debian soon, so everything will be set up for endless loot, even without playing with java ;)

BTW, have you considered other options to include - previously planned - more prefixes, resulting in ~50k weapons? Like, non-SMM methods? Or you know something that we don't - like, some planned changes to SMM, that should allow any, arbitrary number of such appended things?

I've just upgraded FTL:AE to latest, still hot patch. does it change anything re CE problems with certain events? Also, have you considered trying radiation events *without* all that invisible-crew things - just like it was implemented at first? Maybe without those invisible rooms and other such stuff, it would work without problems again?

Meanwhile, small bug report:

1. There is this (vanilla?) event, where we meet pirate ship lodged between two huge asteroids. If we decide to blow them up and loot remnants, another pirate ship may appear. If we kill it, we get "remnants of two ships". Hoever, if the pirate decides to run and succeed, we get nothing - remnants from first, helpless pirate ship seems to vanish. Even if it's vanilla event, it would be nice touch to fix it ;) (Severity: Minor Unless you're playing CE on hard as Mantis B, when it becomes super-hyper-major-blocker, like every lost piece of scrap...)

2. There is this event, where we meet station that got defenses gone haywire, and may try to blow it up, or use on of numerous blue options. For ages, we saw all possible blue options at the start of event - which seemed natural. Now, the only two options that we get are WHITE - leave them alone, or "promise to help". If we promise to help, we "consider our options", and are forced to try one - even the blue one, that may result in severe damages to our ship. There is no way to check if we have equipment/crew worth of blue options before deciding, and there is no way to change our mind, when presented with possible options :(

Personally, I know all (?) blue possibilities there, but I guess it might be frustrating to new players, that are just willing to check what stuff can be used there. It might get irritating to old ones, too, if new blue-option-worth stuff is added to this event - veterans would just use "leave them alone", suspecting that they will only get high-risk low-reward white option. I think that former approach with all blue options visible was much better. If it have to be way like it is for some reason, consider adding at least "change your mind" option to 2nd list, please. (Severity: Medium Unless you're playing CE on hard as Mantis B, in which case... Of, wait, you already hear that one, didn't you? ;) )

3. This event with civilian ship that passed to close to sun:

... suffer from strange bug - first, we get damages, then, in screen visible above, we get on point of damage repaired for no apparent reason. I've checked it on few different occasions, and it's 100% reproducible. (Severity: Minor)

4. Now, I'm not sure if this isn't a vanilla un(mod)fixable bug, but whatever:
http://s11.postimg.org/kpwg28p41/engi_fuck_dispersal.jpg

As you see, I've ion'ized their medbay with heavy effector (4 Ion damage), but medbay kept healing them (and nanobots too). Only pulling them out of medbay and in again resulted in proper no-healing.

Cheers,
/Estel
Kaerius

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.206/Inf 1.206/EL 0.96

Postby Kaerius » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:39 pm

I have to ask... is the permanent frog croak siren on the rock ship and the mantis ship from CE or AE? I don't remember this from vanilla, also it's really fricking obnoxious. How do I turn this shit off.
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.207/Inf 1.207/EL 0.97

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:23 pm

OK here we go, 1.207 brings another set of small fixes, as well as some awesome new ship hulls made by R4V3-0N.

And thanks to RannIs great efforts, EL weapon and drone variants now finally have some visually distinctive variants. Some do appear only on a single prefix, mostly because they can clearly telegraph a function (red=fire chance and so on), but its not like each prefix has a complete unique one. But there are some variants that are generally applied with positive or negative prefixes. You will actually be able to tell now if the enemies are equipped with stuff from the junkyard or advanced space tech, but you still won't always be able how exactly the enemy weapons are modified. Ship variants are very few right now, cause batch processing has its limits there. They also swell file size a lot and EL is already triple the size than main CE now. Enjoy.

CE Update 1.207
- R4V3-ON's Engi Station Typ B and Engi Scout Typ C hull graphics integrated
- Two left out events for Federation sectors added
- A few rare event outcomes and quests added
- Stealth B loadout changed
- Some general _OVERRIDE lists altered to match the vanilla rarity of crew-less opponents more closely
- Federation Hacker clone bay room fixed
- Slightly broadened the range of price fluctuation when buying trade goods
- Producing plastic items with the On-board Assembly Line works now
- Negative slavery outcomes work as intended now
- Lanius encounters now display the continue option correctly
- Auto Tech-Cruisers depend even more on their backup battery
- Production options in Quarantine and Engi sectors correctly appear only if you have a production augment now
- After conducting Zoltan negotiations with the bribing pirate you can contact their former prey now
- Effector hit prompts display their full animation again
- Internal Effector can now also target clonebays
- Rock Asteroid Miners are sometimes equipped with Flare Drones now
- The Decoy Drone now cloaks when moving, enabling it to also distract enemy anti-drones effectively
- Hull repair bombs gained a small system repair effect
- Non-functional Shield Overcharger Drones replaced with copies of the vanilla version to keep their relative rarity intact
- Plasma Thrower Mark II fire chance reduced

CE Infinite 1.207
- Changes of CE 1.207 imported

CE Endless Loot 0.97 for CE and CE Endless Loot 0.97 for CE Infinite
- Weapons, Drones and sometimes Ships appear visually different now when having certain prefixes applied; powered by RannI batch processing
- "High Yield" and "Torpedo" tag can no longer be applied to burst missiles
- Added a tag that enables certain drones to run without power
- "Tightspread" and "Widespread" prefix can no longer be applied to missile weapons other than swarm launchers
- Weapons which don't deal hull damage can no longer have the widespread prefix
- Prefixes that reduce hull damage can no longer reduce it below zero and therefore no longer produce repair weapons
- "Shredder" prefix can no longer apply to missiles that fire more than two projectiles
- "Safe" combat drones work correctly now
- Prefixes that affect combat drones projectile speed will no longer be applied to beam drones
- Fire beam drones can now get more prefixes
- "Predictable" prefix can no longer apply to weapons which main function is to stun
- Charge Missiles can now get more prefixes
- "EMP" prefix now removes shield piercing from missiles

Kaerius wrote:I have to ask... is the permanent frog croak siren on the rock ship and the mantis ship from CE or AE? I don't remember this from vanilla, also it's really fricking obnoxious. How do I turn this shit off.

I can't really tell what you are referring there to. The ships make no unusual sounds in my game. Unless you mean the weapon ready sound? That was added with AE...

Estel wrote:BTW, have you considered other options to include - previously planned - more prefixes, resulting in ~50k weapons? Like, non-SMM methods? Or you know something that we don't - like, some planned changes to SMM, that should allow any, arbitrary number of such appended things?

This largely depends on where the SMM update is going. I won't release anything that I can't even play myself or the majority of users can't use. I sent an EL version with multiple prefixes applied to karto. He tested it and patching did not even work with the current, modified SMM build. So it is not clear if this will ever happen.

Estel wrote:I've just upgraded FTL:AE to latest, still hot patch. does it change anything re CE problems with certain events? Also, have you considered trying radiation events *without* all that invisible-crew things - just like it was implemented at first? Maybe without those invisible rooms and other such stuff, it would work without problems again?

I doubt it fixes the radiation event and I also did no further testing there. The patch might have fix some of the game-load related bugs, mainly the one that re-spawns already finished events maybe? Do you have a patchlog available?

Estel wrote:... suffer from strange bug - first, we get damages, then, in screen visible above, we get on point of damage repaired for no apparent reason. I've checked it on few different occasions, and it's 100% reproducible. (Severity: Minor)

Ehm, well, that is just me screwing around with the player behind the scenes. I basically want this event to deal more damage to your engines, so you have to sit out more flares. But I don't want the event deal that much damage to your hull, so I have the event repair some of the damage target to engines. I guess that appear kind of odd because the player gets this big numbers that tell what is going on, so I might change that again...
Invisty

Postby Invisty » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:22 pm

Lovely mod, really makes the game so much more replayable.

Also props to the Culture references. I thought they were just coincidental until I saw a human crew member called Diziet ;)
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:23 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:
Estel wrote:BTW, have you considered other options to include - previously planned - more prefixes, resulting in ~50k weapons? Like, non-SMM methods? Or you know something that we don't - like, some planned changes to SMM, that should allow any, arbitrary number of such appended things?

This largely depends on where the SMM update is going. I won't release anything that I can't even play myself or the majority of users can't use. I sent an EL version with multiple prefixes applied to karto. He tested it and patching did not even work with the current, modified SMM build. So it is not clear if this will ever happen.

Is it possible to patch everything in EL into the game manually using the FTL un/repacker? Rather than SMM?

Sleeper Service wrote:
Estel wrote:... suffer from strange bug - first, we get damages, then, in screen visible above, we get on point of damage repaired for no apparent reason. I've checked it on few different occasions, and it's 100% reproducible. (Severity: Minor)

Ehm, well, that is just me screwing around with the player behind the scenes. I basically want this event to deal more damage to your engines, so you have to sit out more flares. But I don't want the event deal that much damage to your hull, so I have the event repair some of the damage target to engines. I guess that appear kind of odd because the player gets this big numbers that tell what is going on, so I might change that again...

Before AE you wouldn't have really noticed the 1 hull repair because there weren't any reward boxes. I kind of like the dealing damage to the engines thing so maybe you could just leave it without hull repair. Also, I think something really cool for this event would be to replace the background with an even bigger sun than usual! If that's at all possible. I'm not sure.

I would like it a lot if you could have more hazards and events that do damage to your systems before the fight. What I mean is I like that we can do damage to systems now, but the events like the "an asteroid slips by your shields" isn't too dangerous because there is nothing after that so all it really does is allow you to get some repair skill.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:34 pm

Invisty wrote:Also props to the Culture references. I thought they were just coincidental until I saw a human crew member called Diziet ;)

Yeah, there is tons of more stuff like that hidden away in the mod. You are only the third person that ever pointed it out to me. ;)

Russian Rockman wrote:Is it possible to patch everything in EL into the game manually using the FTL un/repacker? Rather than SMM?

Uhm, I guess it is? Not sure if the unpacker has its processing limits, but it might be possible. Does not make the mod more convenient to use though. And the effect is actually not that noticeable. Even just with single prefixes applied, you are quite unlikely to find the same weapon twice within several playthroughs. But it sure would be cool if we could get the stuff in somehow. Another problem is that we don't have an perfect plan yet for how to handle visuals with multiple prefixes. Probably one prefix would have to dominate that...

Russian Rockman wrote:Also, I think something really cool for this event would be to replace the background with an even bigger sun than usual! If that's at all possible. I'm not sure.

Yeah, but the hazard tag always spawns the standard sun background as far as I can tell.
Nym132

Postby Nym132 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:39 pm

Hi,
I've recently been having problems installing the Captain's Edition mod.
I am only installing the Captain's Edition mod, so there is no way I can be getting the order wrong since its just one mod.
I checked and can confirm that the mod file, mod manager, and FTL game file are not corrupt in any way.
When the station loading bar is finished, it freezes at the end of the loading bar when its about to load the main menu.
Any solutions?
I am using 64 bit Windows Operating System.

I also should add that I get this error message a little while after the game freezes:
"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
This application had requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information."
Last edited by Nym132 on Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kaerius

Postby Kaerius » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:41 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:
Kaerius wrote:I have to ask... is the permanent frog croak siren on the rock ship and the mantis ship from CE or AE? I don't remember this from vanilla, also it's really fricking obnoxious. How do I turn this shit off.

I can't really tell what you are referring there to. The ships make no unusual sounds in my game. Unless you mean the weapon ready sound? That was added with AE...

Wherever it was from, it disappeared when I repatched my mods in the mod manager. Maybe it was caused by a patching error last time. But it was a really really annoying siren that was always on as long as the game was not paused. Only happened on the rock and mantis ships.
Saizew

Postby Saizew » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:07 am

Nym132 wrote:(...)
When the station loading bar is finished, it freezes at the end of the loading bar when its about to load the main menu.
(...)
I am using 64 bit Windows Operating System.

I also should add that I get this error message a little while after the game freezes:
"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
This application had requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information."

Same here. 2x Exactly like above, 1 freeze & 1 Runtime-Error (but freeze only as i tried to mix 1.206 parts with 0.97 in order to single out, which part causes the problem).

Have to fall back to 1.206 & 0.96

Loadorder shouldn't be the problem, as it was no problem to me before.
Viktor_Berg

Postby Viktor_Berg » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:31 am

I have a feature request. Would it be possible, in Infinite mode, that travelling "sideways", i.e. not going to the sector closer to the flagship, those other infinite sectors are NOT just deep space? I really wanna hear music from other sectors more often, and have more race-themed battles. I understand that this is possibly to make sure people don't cheese sector-specific unlocks, like the Crystal Cruiser, but I dunno, you could have copies of sectors with all the proper traits, except those specific events that you don't want people to cheese.

I just want a bit more theme...