FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Ker0n

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.206/Inf 1.206/EL 0.96

Postby Ker0n » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:50 am

I'm posting regarding some questions i have about the CE mods. I've tried to mod FTL repeatedly with CE and ending up with a crash when the game finishes loading, a Runtime error. I've followed the mod orders in SMM and the trouble shooting instructions on the first page, but it still ends up crashing. The mod order in SMM I currently have is:

Better Planets and Backgrounds_v1.3.1
FTL Captains Edition 1.206
CE BPaB Compatibility Patch 1.0
CE Additional Music Addon 1.203
CE Infinite Addon 1.206
CE Endless Loot Addon for CE Infinite 0.96 (beta)

From top to bottom in SMM version 1.4.

Im running on windows 7 and i'm wondering if anyone who experienced this previously or knows more has any advice?
Thanks!
Lunaraia

Postby Lunaraia » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:03 am

Eccentric Taco wrote:-snip-

you need to swap the positions of loot and infinite edition, the infinite loot addon version you are using are dependant on the infinite addon being installed already
Estel

Postby Estel » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:50 am

Nice to be back in such pleasant company :)

Sleeper Service wrote: Still, it turns a completely functional weapon category into something completely different. I recommend you all try to get you hands on the actual Missile Flak and fool around with it a little bit to see how it handles. I strongly feel that the concept can't really work out for lower tier swarms.

I'm starting to agree that it would make only high-tier swarms possible, which would, probably, totally reverse current "chain" of weapons - swarms would, probably, become the most deadly missile types. Maybe those micro-missiles left alone as they are is not a bad idea, after all? I'll try to do some tests with missile flak, too.

With some of your changes to scatter lasers (some of them can, actually, harm systems now, IIRC), the same start to be valid for them - it seems like they're finding own niche.

Sleeper Service wrote:There is a mark II that does repair two. The repair bombs are also meant to be the less great free repair utility thing. The nerf was made with CE Infinite in mind as well, accumulating missiles is more likely there than accumulating drones.

Godd point, and I had no idea about tier II one. Then, it makes more sense :) I'm wondering if 2 energy bar for 1 hull repair (chained with increased cooldown) isn't too harsh on reactor, but I'll compare it with actual tier II before complaining ;)

Sleeper Service wrote:I guess that was on hard then? I'll have a look at the ship, but it does not have greater upgrade potential than regular Rebel cruisers right now. How do those look on hard anyway?

Yes, on hard. Hm, I seems to recall rebel cruiser in Fed sector that wasn't so dedicated to hacking systems and minds, but it was some early (2? 3?) sector, too. Maybe I just got unlucky with roll ;) Also, lately, it's very hard to meet Rebel Cruisers, as they're not guarding exit beacons anymore :( On rebel-controlled beacons, I'm meeting only fighters and elite spotters+artillery, so reb cruiser seems to be only available in Reb or Fed sectors, nowadays (unless you have changed it in one of the latest versions and I missed it in changelog).

When we're at it, this "guaranteed" fighter + ABS on exit beacon is a little boring, to be honest. I miss meeting cruisers/battleships/elite spotters there (BTW, for such important thing as exit beacon, elite spotter+artillery+abs in one fight would be nice thing to meet :D )

Cheers,
/Estel
rannl

Postby rannl » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:02 am

Ker0n wrote:I'm posting regarding some questions i have about the CE mods. I've tried to mod FTL repeatedly with CE and ending up with a crash when the game finishes loading, a Runtime error. I've followed the mod orders in SMM and the trouble shooting instructions on the first page, but it still ends up crashing. The mod order in SMM I currently have is:

Better Planets and Backgrounds_v1.3.1
FTL Captains Edition 1.206
CE BPaB Compatibility Patch 1.0
CE Additional Music Addon 1.203
CE Infinite Addon 1.206
CE Endless Loot Addon for CE Infinite 0.96 (beta)

From top to bottom in SMM version 1.4.

Im running on windows 7 and i'm wondering if anyone who experienced this previously or knows more has any advice?
Thanks!

Did you get an assertion run time failure? If so, then you have corrupted .dat.bak files in the SMM backup directly.
Delete these files, and try patching again. If you still get the assertion failure, delete the .dat.bak files and then reinstall FTL in order to get fresh FTL source .dat files, then retry the modding. Can you post a screen shoot of your failure? If the solution I have you fails, that is.

Estel wrote:Nice to be back in such pleasant company :)
/Estel

Nice to see you back :)
The wise Sten

Postby The wise Sten » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:33 am

I wanna experience the alternate zoltan ending. What are the requirements?
Saizew

Postby Saizew » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:36 am

Is it intentionally, that only the "Offer surrender"-Option appears?
Viktor_Berg

Postby Viktor_Berg » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:56 am

I've posted this previously in this thread, but got no replies. The game crashes when I install Endless Loot, with a runtime error. The game runs fine with no Endless Loot. This very setup runs fine on my other PC. When I copy over the whole game folder to this PC, it still crashes.

Most list:

BPaB 1.3.1
CE 1.204
CE BPaB compat. patch 1.0
CE additional music 1.203
CE infinite 1.204
CE endless loot 0.93

Pic related is the error:
http://i.imgur.com/iVMrTFG.png

Problem is not just that I want to play with endless loot, but I have a save with EL, fairly lategame, I think sector 6, and I cannot resume it on this PC.
rannl

Postby rannl » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:07 am

Viktor_Berg wrote:I've posted this previously in this thread, but got no replies. The game crashes when I install Endless Loot, with a runtime error. The game runs fine with no Endless Loot. This very setup runs fine on my other PC. When I copy over the whole game folder to this PC, it still crashes.

Most list:

BPaB 1.3.1
CE 1.204
CE BPaB compat. patch 1.0
CE additional music 1.203
CE infinite 1.204
CE endless loot 0.93

Pic related is the error:
http://i.imgur.com/iVMrTFG.png

Problem is not just that I want to play with endless loot, but I have a save with EL, fairly lategame, I think sector 6, and I cannot resume it on this PC.

Well, apparently your OS didn't want to share a lot of information about that crash......
I suggest you install FTL on your other PC, then SMM and patch the mods, instead of copying it altogether.
It's possible that the installation of the game is HW dependent - i.e. it behaves differently based on the system specifics of the PC it is installed on.
Other then that, I'd recommend you update your mod versions and see what happens. Your save game will probably be incompatible with the newer versions though.
Viktor_Berg

Postby Viktor_Berg » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:31 am

rannl wrote:Well, apparently your OS didn't want to share a lot of information about that crash......
I suggest you install FTL on your other PC, then SMM and patch the mods, instead of copying it altogether.
It's possible that the installation of the game is HW dependent - i.e. it behaves differently based on the system specifics of the PC it is installed on.
Other then that, I'd recommend you update your mod versions and see what happens. Your save game will probably be incompatible with the newer versions though.

I've actually done that, too. The game still crashes, though. The mods have been updated several times - they are not the most up to date versions as those in the OP, but this exact setup worked just fine on the other PC, with these exact mod versions.
rannl

Postby rannl » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:57 am

Viktor_Berg wrote:
rannl wrote:Well, apparently your OS didn't want to share a lot of information about that crash......

I've actually done that, too. The game still crashes, though. The mods have been updated several times - they are not the most up to date versions as those in the OP, but this exact setup worked just fine on the other PC, with these exact mod versions.

What are your system's specs ?
What is the size of the dat files in the FTL game source directory ?