FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.201/Inf 1.201/EL 0.9 (beta)

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:19 pm

kartoFlane wrote:However, it turns out the optimized 1.5 version is capable of patching current CE-EL, but it still needs to be released by Vhati.

Sounds good! Do you think that will be able to handle >50k of blueprints?
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:25 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Sounds good! Do you think that will be able to handle >50k of blueprints?

Send the file my way if you have it, I'll try it out. I still have to see whether the old appending mode has the desired effect.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
rannl

Postby rannl » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:43 pm

kartoFlane wrote:
Sleeper Service wrote:Sounds good! Do you think that will be able to handle >50k of blueprints?

Send the file my way if you have it, I'll try it out. I still have to see whether the old appending mode has the desired effect.

Hey Sleepy, seems like 2nd level modded weapons/drones/ships might just make it in after all ;)
allanpike

Postby allanpike » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:53 pm

Yeah, it seems the problem was BpaB, even with the fix. Shame.
Acceleratio

Postby Acceleratio » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:04 pm

Hey Speeder. So far I can say that I just love both the AE and the CE edition! Seems like the devs actually took some of your Ideas when I look at the enemy Artillery events for example :D

One small bug i stumbled upon. The Slug Cruiser Typ C does not support Slavery ... I guess this also goes for piracy and shooting after surrender (though I did not test that yet).

Maybe it was just this one event... but I encountered it before with the other types and could enslave everyone happily.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:11 pm

Acceleratio wrote:Seems like the devs actually took some of your Ideas when I look at the enemy Artillery events for example :D

:D You should not give me that much credit. That idea was around forever, from what I can tell from early development posts the defs though about this even before the launch of the game. I actually outright stole the warning sign from the early AE trailer. ;)

Acceleratio wrote:One small bug i stumbled upon. The Slug Cruiser Typ C does not support Slavery ... I guess this also goes for piracy and shooting after surrender (though I did not test that yet).

Piracy should work as long as it carries the faction aug. The Slug ship can't get away with slavery for balance and lore reasons, but breaking truce will yield no penalties for Slug captains. ;)

allanpike wrote:Yeah, it seems the problem was BpaB, even with the fix. Shame.

The earlier version (1.2.1???) of BPaB does also not work? Cause that seemed to be alright for anyone.
Last edited by Sleeper Service on Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Estel

Postby Estel » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:19 pm

allanpike wrote:Now hold on a minute. I didn't call the person a douchebag because the post was no help. I did it because of the TONE of the post. Telling me to 'RTF' or 'read the fucking' is insulting and assumes that I'm stupid/ignortant/lazy enough NOT to read the first post and the manual.

[Off-topic mode]
RTFM means exactly what the reading person want - in my case, it was Read The (incredibly) Friendly (and helpful, and nicely written, and...) Manual. No, seriously! But I guess man judges by himself ;)

On a more serious note, though - RTFM in coding/hacking/modding/overall more-serious-than-your-average-torrent-commenter communities is considered rather neutral. It's often aimed at one's self ("OK guys, I finally RTFM again and I noticed where I was doing mistake", which doesn't mean one is masochist ;) Overall, more distance to own persona is recommended, alongside "People mean well" assumption.

Also, I think that you *will* admit that your problem looked exactly the same like ones mentioned earlier, by people who forget to remove backup. Especially, that your first note was very vague, wasn't containing list of your mods with versions, load order, version of SMM, etc. It's generally considered essential of any report/asking for help, and in fact in many communities, you wouldn't be even answered (at all) - look how friendly we are ;) Considering all of the above, it wasn't very sane thing to call names the only person (at time) who answered you, even if it was assuming you lack basic knowledge. The person answering *had* all the right to do so, considering your report nature and it (lack of) details.

Anyway, I think we're at good course for re-establishing civil conversation, so I extend "hand of friend-ship" etc., etc.
[/off-topic mode]

allanpike wrote:As it is... I kinda am stilling waiting on help...

Hm, so it was BPAB, after all? Apart from detailed info requested by others, could you write which operating system are you using? Have you tried the version of BPAB that doesn't have animated nebuale *or* the hubble-less version? There is at least one person, that can't get the hubble'd version to work properly on one machine (although, getting different problems), for reasons unknown. (btw, for same person and copied FTL directory, it works on other machine, IIRC...)

Also, just like Sleepy mentioned, I think SMM or BPAB threads would be better place for that discussion, as it is quite off-topic (just like my rambling from top of the post ;) ) in CE's thread.
---

Sleeper Service wrote:The game applies these categories automatically, so in your case it would call it "physical projectile blast" I think. Sorry. :D

Swarm rockets *are* physical projectiles! And they do blast! Kind of... :lol:

/Estel
allanpike

Postby allanpike » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:06 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:The earlier version (1.2.1???) of BPaB does also not work? Cause that seemed to be alright for anyone.

Oh I haven't tested that, I'll give it a whirl later.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:28 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:
Hominghead wrote:Ogre Missile Battery says it is Type:Laser

Sorry, no way around that...
Estel wrote:Except for using flak mechanics for swarm missiles - it won't show laser type, then :D sorry, couldn't stop myself.

The game applies these categories automatically, so in your case it would call it "physical projectile blast" I think. Sorry. :D

<flavorType>{...}</flavorType>

You can make any weapon say anything.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:11 pm

Ah, right, did not test yet what this is for. Does it replace the default type in the description?