FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
slowriderxcorps

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.105 / CE Infinite 1.005

Postby slowriderxcorps » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:03 pm

Can I have permission to silently curse at myself for not trying to look into this? I have no idea how long it's going to take me to retask the 'kit for AE, and I could have saved so much time by finding some way into the beta.. x.x
aaaaaa50

Postby aaaaaa50 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:52 pm

As awesome as all that is, Sleeper, I'd really, really like to know the question that's been on lots of our minds for quite a while now: Are there new things in AE that can be modded? For example, during the Polygon interview there was an event that gave a powerbar as its reward. Is is possible for custom events to add and subtract systems? I'm not asking you to list all the changes, but I think lots of us would really like to know if some more stuff is going to be possible. I know you've really wanted events to be able to remove augments so the trading system would be more streamlined.

Oh, and the pixel art of those new weapons and drones is fantastic. I guess that's partly due to having AE's style to work off of but it's just fun to look at these. Great job! :mrgreen:
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:16 pm

Things that where hard coded before still are, so no aug manipulation or gear removal. All the new things seen in trailers and streams can be done with modding. We might want to continue that discussion in the AE R&D thread.
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:16 pm

Good to see you'll be quick on the ball on getting things working for CE alongside of AE !

I'll probably do some episodes just with AE, probably a run or two to get my feet wet with the new content from the update.
But I just can't let the opportunity slide to play FTL ACE.
Kinda has a good ring to it. 8-) Feel free to use that name :lol:
That and the sheer amount of content that would be removed by not using this mod would make the game seem empty now...
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:43 pm

So much is happening! RannI just made some final alterations that allowed me to fully run the FTL tag modder, the tool that handles the procedural content generation. The CE Endless Loot Addon will be release alongside the AE compatible version 1.2 of CE and CE Infinite. It'll be labeled as a beta, but will be pretty much finished.

From the OP:

The CE Endless Loot Addon introduces procedural content generation in FTL. This component of CE has been made possible entirely by the efforts of RannI, who programmed the tool that generates the content. This is how the tool looks at work:
Awesome! Just add some blueprints and prefixes, and viola: Thousands of variations!

The tool uses a technique similar to what is done in classic and current loot based games, like Diablo or Boarderlands. Each base weapon and drone can have various prefixes applied to it. Prefixes alter certain stats of the item for the good or worse, resulting in a broad variate of gear. A very broad variaty actually, we are talking thousands and maybe even ten thousands of items once we get multy-prefix support to not overwhelm SMM with the sheer amount of blueprints.

Each item, even if it based on the same base weapon, behaves and plays slightly or vastly different than another. Weapons and drones might be outdated or upgraded, modified for special roles or striped of certain functions. All these changes are also reflected in the price and rarity of the item. We are currently working on having the content also feature a different visual appearance.

But the Addon does not just broadly diversify gear (weapons and drones that is), it also does the same for enemies. You might encounter hostiles that are already damaged, or have additional armor plating. Ships might be out of ammo when engaging your, or they might be on resupply duty, carrying additional missiles and drone parts. Enemy crew might be decimated by previous engagements with other forces. Enemy ships might even be refit to perform better in a certain area, or they might be equipped with specialized augments for certain purposes.

The procedural generated content addon produces in a wider range of good and bad gear than regular CE. It also makes enemies way more unpredictable, unless you play with the sub-addon that inhibits enemies from using the the gear (which is what I generally recommend.) This addon makes the game more rich, but also more random. It is mainly designed to be used with CE Infinte. The sandbox environment of endless play is, in my oppinion, where it works best and feels most natural.
Estel

Postby Estel » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:15 am

Sleeper Service wrote: I'm not sure how many people actually would like to play AE with CE enabled right away

I'm sure one of those - I actually wanted to wait 'till first fully featured CE/AE version, before even installing AE (to avoid feeling "downgrade", despite many awesome things that AE introduce), so I surely like the fact, that Ce is compatible since day 0 :D

As for non-moddable things remaining non-moddable - that suxx a little. Indeed, I urge all successful moders to "petition" devs - change of asking about it for AE is lost opportunity, already, but maybe they will be even more awesome than they are, and introduce it for some patch.

/Estel
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:24 am

So we know what you have added to CE using the advanced edition but what, if anything, have you gotten rid of because of the Advanced edition. In other words, was anything in CE made redundant by the Advanced Edition?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:56 am

The Internal Effector and the On-board Clonelab have become obsolete or at last incoherent. The have been removed but might still become accessible through some rare quests at some point. The flagship changes have been mostly reverted due to what AE does with the flagship and the actual existence of hard mode (its not possible to modify the fight events for a certain difficulty only.) Spawning radiation dummy husks seems to cause crashes under AE, might be related to the weird things they do. So right now there are no more radiation events, but I hope to bring these back somehow.
Qli

Postby Qli » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:54 pm

I haven't understood if I can download the files in the first post to use the mod with the Advanced Edition that is coming out today, or if they need to be updated in the next hours.