FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Gidoza

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.297/Inf 1.28/EL 1.297

Postby Gidoza » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:29 pm

mr_easy_money wrote:
Gidoza wrote:This is why I was making a mod of the mod, because there's stuff like this in -many- places throughout the mod.

I would try that, but in your post there isn't much in the way of the details really. I know you said the changelog got mixed around and you lost track combined with little interest in the mod, but you haven't really specified even major/notable changes, so I'm not sure if I want to go into it if you've cut out some events.

Still though, I guess I am sort of interested in doing something similar, because the Ares Missile doesn't seem to have much good about it as I pointed out. I could just rebalance it -- I'm not sure if removing it is the right thing to do. I don't have quite enough experience with CE as it stands nor would I create something like that unless I had other things I have problems with.

Your points are fair enough. I'll prepare a changelog in the near future with what I've done - lately I've been focusing on the CustomFlagships mod and testing it out...it'll be done sooner than later and worth lots of fun. :)
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:00 am

another case of some incorrect Endless Loot prefix.

this time it's the Sungazer prefix for beam weapons (shield pierce +1, fire chance +4):

it looks like the fire chance part isn't present, making this a more expensive version of the piercing prefix

I checked the dropbox source, and the fireChance tag is missing altogether:

:edit; it seems to only be the case for beam weapons. the sungazer for drone beam weapons seems to work as intended.

:edit2; except for DE_DRONE_BEAM_FIRE_SUNGAZER_DRONE_WEAPON, which has the fireChance listed as 13, but that doesn't seem to be used for an existing drone anyways.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:59 am

the "hidden="true" attribute seems to be missing for this choice:
(this is the event where you agree to capture some criminals for space marshals. alive gives a better reward)

thinkpad

Postby thinkpad » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:23 am

I'm having trouble getting [MOD] Disable Fleet to work with CE. Do I have the order wrong? should it be disable fleet mod then CE or CE then disable fleet mod?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:28 am

I think you put the Disable Fleet mod after everything else because disabling the fleet sort of affects events.
Eddache

Postby Eddache » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:11 pm

Hello,

I have previously played FTL:CE and would like to give it another go. I don't know how many games I've started but I never managed to defeat the boss and it bugs me. I'm trying to reinstall the mods, I have slipstream in and some mods working, but I cannot get it to detect CE. I've downloaded an unzipped the CE and resource pack from the links on the main post of this thread, but it I cannot find the .ftl files. I've googled and watch youtube vids and they all just seem to drag a captainsedition.ftl out to their mod folder. Am I being daft?

Thanks,

Edd
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:11 am

You don't have to unzip anything, place the mod files as they come in the mod folder and they will ship up. Unzipping them will prevent them from working.

Also make sure that the file you downloaded is actually an .ftl file. Some browsers automatically rename it to .zip while downloading. It that is the case you can either rename it to .ftl or enable showing .zip files in the SMM preferences. The mod file should then show up in SMM either way.
thinkpad

Postby thinkpad » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:21 am

stylesrj wrote:I think you put the Disable Fleet mod after everything else because disabling the fleet sort of affects events.
I'll try that and report if it doesn't work
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.298/Inf 1.28/EL 1.298

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:20 pm

Found the time to fix some stuff that was recently brought up.

CE Resource Pack 1.298
- Fixed some typos in fixed texts
- Lowered volume of crew stun explosions again

CE Update 1.298
- Added enemy version of the Ares Missile
- Fixed fugitive first aid option not having hidden outcome
- Added some recent Patreon supporters to the name list
- Pulled recent spellchecking commits from github

CE Endless Loot 1.298 for main CE and CE Endless Loot 1.298 for CE Infinite
- Fixed Sungazer not providing fire chance bonus
- Modified Plasma Throwers now have the same amount of projectiles as in main CE
- Description of Overcharged Heavy Ions now correctly states that the weapon gains +2 ion damage